Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Steelers Draft Discussion

Most other boards have this, and I think it can help focus us some. Though I don't post a whole lot here, I do read a lot, and I am interested in this.

I still feel Tomlin will try and go for a guy who can play OLB in 3-4 and DE in Cover 2 at this point. Jarvis Moss looks fairly natural, but there are a lot of ways we can go.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This seems accurate to me, but I think Moss's combine hurt him a bit. But I think your right.....three other guys that I think can fit both systems are Okoye, Carriker and Willis but I think they'll be gone by time we pick.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
This seems accurate to me, but I think Moss's combine hurt him a bit. But I think your right.....three other guys that I think can fit both systems are Okoye, Carriker and Willis but I think they'll be gone by time we pick.
something tells me we get carriker, no matter what. seeing the story about how someone in the organization was talking to him and said that he reminded them of a current player almost to the tee. A Smith. someone they just signed to a four year deal. so i don't know.

ok and don't hang me for this, i love anthony smith and think he is going to kill someone eventually with how hard he hits. i think he is going to be beast, but do we pass up on landry if he by some weird mistake/freak of nature drops to 15?? and do this with the other star caliber platyers. if AD, CJ, Branch, Thomas, Adams, Anderson, all those guys. who do you pass on and who do you grab if they fall for some reason.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD-Take

CJ-Take

Branch-take

Thomas-take even though I'm not a big fan

Adams-take

Anderson- pass not a big fan but haven't seen enough tape of him

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 02-28-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I grab them all. Any one of them would be an upgrade and a grat pick for us.

Even if its someone like landry, if we are sittig at 15 and hes still there you know dallas and other teams are going to be on the phone with us wanting to trade.

If they don't give enough, we grab landry and then trade him. Much like the Chargers did with Eli Manning.
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Landry is too good to pass up, he could play deep S with smith and troy could be one hell of a rover.

Mike Tirico

Old 02-28-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I think all the guys that a really want Willis, Carriker, Okoye will all be gone by time we pick.

I wanted Moss but he had the same combine numbers as Anthony Spencer but was less prodictive in college and both might fall to the second.

Mike Tirico

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 02-28-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think all the guys that a really want Willis, Carriker, Okoye will all be gone by time we pick.

I wanted Moss but he had the same combine numbers as Anthony Spencer but was less prodictive in college and both might fall to the second.
yeah i agree, honestly there is no one that fits the bill for us at 15 that i want

i hope we trade back or trade up and get someone like okoye
Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AD-Take

CJ-Take

Branch-take

Adams-take

I'd agree with that, but theres no way CJ, Thomas, and probably Branch are there at 15. Adams might be there, and if he is, we definitely need to take him. He's fast enough for a linebacker, but can still drop down and play DE when we run a 4-3 alignment.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
something tells me we get carriker, no matter what. seeing the story about how someone in the organization was talking to him and said that he reminded them of a current player almost to the tee. A Smith. someone they just signed to a four year deal. so i don't know.

ok and don't hang me for this, i love anthony smith and think he is going to kill someone eventually with how hard he hits. i think he is going to be beast, but do we pass up on landry if he by some weird mistake/freak of nature drops to 15?? and do this with the other star caliber platyers. if AD, CJ, Branch, Thomas, Adams, Anderson, all those guys. who do you pass on and who do you grab if they fall for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHBYSTAT
AD-Take

CJ-Take

Branch-take

Adams-take

I think you guys are missing the point of his question....

IF all of these guys SOMEHOW fell and were all available at 15 - who would you pass on and who would you take?

Personally, I take CJ and pass on everyone else.

AD - well, we've already got a proven starter in Willie so no sense drafting a "complimentary" back in the 1st

Branch - if we stick with the 3-4 Casey can hold it down, if we go 4-3 we move Smith inside and find someone to play end, most likely Haggans

Thomas - what we've got at the T spots right now will be good enough to let Ben toss it up to CJ

Adams/Anderson - there's enough talent to be had in the 2nd and 3rd to make up for passing on one in the 1st

CJ - NOBODY- repeat - NOBODY on our squad right now can match his blend of speed, size, and athleticism, least of all any of our WRs. And that is why I pass on everyone else and take the most sure-fire prospect in years.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post

IF all of these guys SOMEHOW fell and were all available at 15 - who would you pass on and who would you take?

AD - well, we've already got a proven starter in Willie so no sense drafting a "complimentary" back in the 1st

Branch - if we stick with the 3-4 Casey can hold it down, if we go 4-3 we move Smith inside and find someone to play end, most likely Haggans

Thomas - what we've got at the T spots right now will be good enough to let Ben toss it up to CJ

Adams/Anderson - there's enough talent to be had in the 2nd and 3rd to make up for passing on one in the 1st

CJ - NOBODY- repeat - NOBODY on our squad right now can match his blend of speed, size, and athleticism, least of all any of our WRs. And that is why I pass on everyone else and take the most sure-fire prospect in years.

no, we dont pass on anyone

if any of them fall to us at 15 then we wake them and figure out a way to paly them or trade them after we take em
Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post

good man. i think CJ too.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
No way we pass on Adams if he drops to us.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

adams is probably one guy that we would trade up to get and the one guy I would be alright with us trading up to get. I'm interested in who scott gives us in the next mock, whether he stays with Moss or goes back to Carriker. I think both of those guys are a strong possibility/
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it Just me or do I think they were referring to Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia, because there is no way Calvin Johnson falls to 15.

I don't like Carriker either. He's what you call strictly a workout warrior. He never produced in games and he only shows up in practices. I think Spencer is the best 1st round pick outside of Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams.

As for the talk of Alan Branch. Although he's a Tackle and could play NT in the 3-4, with his size and athleticism, he'd be much more proficient as a 3-4 DE. He could eat up blockers and stuff the run game. Allowing Lb's to come in easier.

Free Agency Notice:

Potential Guys I like:

Sammy Morris, Rb, Miami
Chris Brown, RB, Tennessee
Antwan Peek, OLB, Houston

Guys to be cut:

Porter, Wilson, Gardocki, Morey.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Laundry falls we gotta take him.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
If Laundry falls we gotta take him.
Why?

Where would he play? We're set at safety. We have 3 guys that could all potentially start, and Carter wasn't too shabby filling in for Troy P. last season. If you feel the need to take a safety, at least take one capable of moving to Corner.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't think we would take Landry.

Plus, with Smith resigned, no Carriker. Hampton and Smith give us a NT and UT for the Cover 2. We need DEs for the cover 2, which usually fits guys like Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses, Anthony Spencer, etc. With Porter out especially, an OLB is a need and a rush backer that can play DE in Cover 2 would be PERFECT.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

Plus, with Smith resigned, no Carriker. Hampton and Smith give us a NT and UT for the Cover 2. We need DEs for the cover 2, which usually fits guys like Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses, Anthony Spencer, etc. With Porter out especially, an OLB is a need and a rush backer that can play DE in Cover 2 would be PERFECT.
Antwan Peek in UFA

Charles Johnson/Anthony Spencer in the draft. We'll be set.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

I don't like Moss or Moses... Moses showed up unathletic and overweight.. Moss put in average times for a speed rusher and wasn't as fluid as people though. He also posted to worst reps of DE's. I think he'll be a good Speed Rusher, but thats all he brings and neither of those 2 are worth a 1st/2nd to us.

Another guy that tested really well and isnt' getting much hype.. Tim Crowder. He showed he could play OLB (Being really fluid) Posting good times/strength indications.

I wouldn't mind the duo of Spencer/Johnson and Crowder.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
no, we dont pass on anyone

if any of them fall to us at 15 then we wake them and figure out a way to paly them or trade them after we take em
The point of his question was IF THEY WERE ALL THERE. You can't take them all with one pick. So...if they were ALL there at 15 (and believe me, we all know it won't happen) who do you take?

I like this question because it gives us a chance to determine what our individual priorities are. If you take Branch over the rest then we know where your priorities are and vise versa if you take Calvin over the rest. It's kinda like asking what you would do with the 1st overall pick.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Willis now. After locking up Smith for 4 more years DE isn't as pressing of a need as LB. Willis is very athletic, has great size and ran a great 40 time. I'd love to get him at 15. He can't play DE in a 4-3, but he can play any linebacker.

I don't think Moss or Moses are worth taking at 15. Maybe Woodley in round 2.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I want Willis now. After locking up Smith for 4 more years DE isn't as pressing of a need as LB. Willis is very athletic, has great size and ran a great 40 time. I'd love to get him at 15. He can't play DE in a 4-3, but he can play any linebacker.

I don't think Moss or Moses are worth taking at 15. Maybe Woodley in round 2.
Woodley is falling. Some predict Day 2. I don't like Willis, I don't think he's as good of a tackler as some thing. I'd prefer Rory Johnson over him in rd 3. I think since we're sticking to a 3-4, I'd rather get good Ol David Harris.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

so the question is...

who do we take at 15?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
so the question is...

who do we take at 15?
Everything the Jets or Denver will give us for it.

With Denver getting a CB, don't rule out they may trade up for good Ol Marshawn Lynch.

I could still see us trading down with GB for a 4th, then trading down again.

Frankly I wouldn't mind doing a ton of things.

our first for NYJ's 2-2nds and a 4th.
Our first for a future 1st and a 2nd/3rd.

you know the usual.

At 15... Adams, Branch, or BPA.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Timmons, Okoye, or Willis.