Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Granted, but I dont' trust Jarrett, it's not the Mike Williams theory.

But he just seems to reek of Lendale White Syndrome.

Ginn and Holmes are Similar players. You can add a big possession WR Next year or later in the draft (There's tons these next 2 years).

However, with Ginn, you get a monstrous Gunner, with great Special Teams ability and gives us a solid Possession Reciever. Holmes is more of a make a play with the ball in his hands Vertical threat (As seen in Cincy in overtime) whereas Ginns a Catch me if you can big Play Reciever.
Mr. Stiller, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Mr. Stiller, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
?

It is okay to disagree with someone but provide why you think so and the reasons why you do, this type of **** is just pointless
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
?

It is okay to disagree with someone but provide why you think so and the reasons why you do, this type of **** is just pointless
LOL, thats from the movie Billy Madison MHop.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
LOL, thats from the movie Billy Madison MHop.
yeah i know but all these guys posts are like this
Old 03-06-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
yeah i know but all these guys posts are like this
These guys?
Oh gotcha, gun show people
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

no these guy's

sorry i didnt put in the apostrophe
Old 03-06-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Ginn at all. Might be cause I'm a Penn Stater, but I think he's gonna be a bust, and I dont think we need him. Santonio is our speed guy and I'm not gonna justify a pick on another fast reciever because he's also could be a good special teamer. I'd be pretty upset if we took a receiver in the first again.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
I don't like Ginn at all. Might be cause I'm a Penn Stater, but I think he's gonna be a bust, and I dont think we need him. Santonio is our speed guy and I'm not gonna justify a pick on another fast reciever because he's also could be a good special teamer. I'd be pretty upset if we took a receiver in the first again.
i dont really like ginn either, i mean i like him just not with the steelers, we need a big target guy, not ginn
Old 03-06-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have speed recievers we need possiesion recivers to compliment them, We have Ward now, but who is after him Wilson but not many people like him

Only pick i can think of would be Dawyne Bowie if we decide to pick receiver, my reason why becuase he is that possesion reciver that we need

We have a ST WR Willie Reid if he didnt get injured he was suppose to be returning kicks and punt instead of Holmes
Old 03-06-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
We have speed recievers we need possiesion recivers to compliment them, We have Ward now, but who is after him Wilson but not many people like him

Only pick i can think of would be Dawyne Bowie if we decide to pick receiver, my reason why becuase he is that possesion reciver that we need

We have a ST WR Willie Reid if he didnt get injured he was suppose to be returning kicks and punt instead of Holmes
yeah i agree on all counts
Old 03-07-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
... The fact I think Jarrett is lazy?

You're going to have to explain how it was irrational. Are you going to try and read all my posts now trying to point out any mistake or inconsistancy? Apparently to you I should be sorry to have an opinion? Atleast when I reply to a thread I provide detailed thought as to my opinion or why I believe what I believe.

I don't see how "HAHA YOUR AN IDIOT" makes anyone in the room smarter.

The fact you went the whole way back to March 2nd just to try to make me look like an idiot... is almost amusing. I think I have a stalker.

For you, I'll explain it easier.

Ginn is pure straight line speed. Meaning. If you want him to run go routes.. or streaks. He's your WR. That differs from Holmes, because Holmes isn't as fast straight line as Ginn. Ginn has a faster top gear, But Holmes has better burst. Meaning.

On the line, Ginn will run further faster, but his routes suffer because he's not a guy that gets up to top speed immediately. Holmes can run all the different routes and be effective because his burst is fast enough that he can change directions, move laterally and be able to change pace/direction making it difficult to cover.

So what you just read was.

Ginn can run far fast.

Holmes has a faster stop and go. Allowing his change of direction and making him a threat on every route, where Ginn is a pure deep threat.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 03-07-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bowe is a physical specimen but he has the dropsies. The Lasik surgery helped some, but he's still got catching issues. I think a guy like Steve Smith would be a much better choice in the possession department.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i was going to add that, i just read some things on him yeah he would be a good pick in the 4th or 3rd Category he is a possesion Reciver

another player i like can be gotten in the 5th 6th round is Jacob Jones
Old 03-07-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah i was going to add that, i just read some things on him yeah he would be a good pick in the 4th or 3rd Category he is a possesion Reciver

I like Jacoby As well..

After watching quite a few games. I really think James Jones is going to be a late round Steal.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

rank our top 7 needs in the draft, why 7? don't really know, but 5s too few and 100 too many

1. OLB/DE (tweener)- Harrison and Hagans provide adequate starters, but there is little depth and both have had injuries recently.
2. Guard - Faneca will want to get paid next year and we prolly wont fork out the dough with other players wanting to be paid too. We have some decent players, Kemuateau, Colon, (simmons sucks) but they are unproven at this point and they can be upgraded (colon may have to play RT)
3. MLB/ ILB - Foote is solid, and so is Farrior, but Farrior is getting old and Foote isnt exactly a play maker / game changer on defense.
4. Power back - Willie is a great back and I think he will flourish in our offense this year, but we need a grinder and a guy who can consistently get those 3 - 4 yards in definite run situations and fall forward when getting hit.
5. Return man -Yes we have willie reid but hes unproven. Coke has battled injuries and was never a huge threat. Najeh is solid but not a game changer, Holmes well... 'nuff said. We had the worst average starting position last year.
6. Defensive end ( 3- 4) - Smith is good and really just solid, and kiesel is pretty good too, but we need depth as they are both getting older.
7. Big target WR - Ben needs someone to throw it up to, ala plexiglass, which would hopefully eliminate all those redzone turnovers.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bowe is a physical specimen but he has the dropsies. The Lasik surgery helped some, but he's still got catching issues. I think a guy like Steve Smith would be a much better choice in the possession department.
i don't want a WR in the 1st and i think i would be okay with one in the 2nd though, with gonz, steve smith and craig davis there in the 2nd more than likely, i would choose craig davis or gonz over smith though. maybe gonz over davis but either three would do, just my personal preference where i think in a weaker class those three could go in the 1st, they are all very very similar.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
I like Jacoby As well..

After watching quite a few games. I really think James Jones is going to be a late round Steal.
really confused with this convo. jacob jones and then jacoby and then james jones......i don't know who anyone is talking about.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
rank our top 7 needs in the draft, why 7? don't really know, but 5s too few and 100 too many

1. OLB/DE (tweener)- Harrison and Hagans provide adequate starters, but there is little depth and both have had injuries recently.
2. Guard - Faneca will want to get paid next year and we prolly wont fork out the dough with other players wanting to be paid too. We have some decent players, Kemuateau, Colon, (simmons sucks) but they are unproven at this point and they can be upgraded (colon may have to play RT)
3. MLB/ ILB - Foote is solid, and so is Farrior, but Farrior is getting old and Foote isnt exactly a play maker / game changer on defense.
4. Power back - Willie is a great back and I think he will flourish in our offense this year, but we need a grinder and a guy who can consistently get those 3 - 4 yards in definite run situations and fall forward when getting hit.
5. Return man -Yes we have willie reid but hes unproven. Coke has battled injuries and was never a huge threat. Najeh is solid but not a game changer, Holmes well... 'nuff said. We had the worst average starting position last year.
6. Defensive end ( 3- 4) - Smith is good and really just solid, and kiesel is pretty good too, but we need depth as they are both getting older.
7. Big target WR - Ben needs someone to throw it up to, ala plexiglass, which would hopefully eliminate all those redzone turnovers.
me likey the break down.

i love me some harrison, i think he will be able to fill the shoes of joey porter and he is young and maybe even eventually fill his leader role, don't know how he acts with the spotlight on him.

i agree with you that we need to grab a G/C prospect and even though i am not sure he can play C, i love me some ramirez and think we should take him.

to be honest with you, foote is my fav player on the defense. odd i know but i love how you can hardly ever call him out on missing an assignment or play or tackle. and i love his foote tat. :D but i do think bishop or waters should be picked up sometime to start grooming for farrior once he leaves.

i believe we need a powerback but i think that can wait until next yr. don't think it is necessary and the only guy i think can really work for us is hunt and i don't want to pick him up in the 2nd like he will go. maybe ilaoa as a UDFA would be sweet, i would love to see him in black and maize.

i believe in willie reid and think he will be a terrific KR/PR for us. along with najeh back there grabbing kickoffs we will be set.

the only other guy i can think to grab in the draft that will be anywhere near close, even though i guess there is time to groom since aa smith signed a new contract, but besides carriker, you have to look at ilama-francis(sp?) although i don't know if he will be there when i would want to pick him.

as for big WR target if we don't crab a sure handed, maybe not big WR target early on in steve smith, anthony gonzo, or craig davis. then i would look at that guy fairooz, or trannon. they both are super big and have decent times. you don't look for gigantic ppl to fly down the field unless you last name is johnson or moss. ;)

Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
... The fact I think Jarrett is lazy?

You're going to have to explain how it was irrational. Are you going to try and read all my posts now trying to point out any mistake or inconsistancy? Apparently to you I should be sorry to have an opinion? Atleast when I reply to a thread I provide detailed thought as to my opinion or why I believe what I believe.

I don't see how "HAHA YOUR AN IDIOT" makes anyone in the room smarter.

The fact you went the whole way back to March 2nd just to try to make me look like an idiot... is almost amusing. I think I have a stalker.

For you, I'll explain it easier.

Ginn is pure straight line speed. Meaning. If you want him to run go routes.. or streaks. He's your WR. That differs from Holmes, because Holmes isn't as fast straight line as Ginn. Ginn has a faster top gear, But Holmes has better burst. Meaning.

On the line, Ginn will run further faster, but his routes suffer because he's not a guy that gets up to top speed immediately. Holmes can run all the different routes and be effective because his burst is fast enough that he can change directions, move laterally and be able to change pace/direction making it difficult to cover.

So what you just read was.

Ginn can run far fast.

Holmes has a faster stop and go. Allowing his change of direction and making him a threat on every route, where Ginn is a pure deep threat.
If you think Jarrett is lazy that's fine. I don't know where you get this from, probably those scouts you know so well again.

My problem is this.

Quote:
However, with Ginn, you get a monstrous Gunner, with great Special Teams ability and gives us a solid Possession Reciever.
Ginn is a Possession receiver? Not in the least. I am a Penn St. fan and I hate Ohio St. But Ted Ginn is the reason why Holmes was drafted in the first and the reason Gonzalez will be drafted so early.

Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

First play he catches a Ball for a four yards off the line of scrimmage. He breaks four tackles to go 55 yards for a TD.

Second play is a punt return where he breaks five tackles up the gut to go 65 yards for the TD.

Next one is a 68 yard punt return for a TD where he does just use his 4.2 speed.

Then it's a a reverse that if not for a great tackle he is in for a 55 yard TD run.

It goes on for five and a half more minutes after that...
Old 03-07-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
really confused with this convo. jacob jones and then jacoby and then james jones......i don't know who anyone is talking about.
well James Jones is a WR same tallents as Jacoby Jones

Jacoby Jones is another WR but i just didnt spell out his name with they Y
Old 03-07-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

EDIT: this is directed at theweemanshow

i guess mr. stiller and i know the same scouts because i have heard jarrett is lazy on the little sports news i can get from podcasts. and the possession comment had to have been a mistake yes. you have to think that before you trash him. he is a deep threat and PR/KR only and everyone knows that. and you act like mar 2nd was a long time ago. that comment is on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread, it's not like he has to search for it. you come in here and automatically start calling ppl idiots for sharing there opinion. you are a newb. fall in line. and yes i know i am newb but you don't see me jumping on ppl and calling them stupid and idiots for no apparent reason, just because i don't agree with them. grow up.

Last edited by terribletowel39 : 03-07-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
well James Jones is a WR same tallents as Jacoby Jones

Jacoby Jones is another WR but i just didnt spell out his name with they Y
haha okay i get it now. appreciate you clarifying that.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i guess mr. stiller and i know the same scouts because i have heard jarrett is lazy on the little sports news i can get from podcasts. and the possession comment had to have been a mistake yes. you have to think that before you trash him. he is a deep threat and PR/KR only and everyone knows that. and you act like mar 2nd was a long time ago. that comment is on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread, it's not like he has to search for it. you come in here and automatically start calling ppl idiots for sharing there opinion. you are a newb. fall in line. and yes i know i am newb but you don't see me jumping on ppl and calling them stupid and idiots for no apparent reason, just because i don't agree with them. grow up.
amen brotha
Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
amen brotha
i know i said no arguing but i couldn't help it. haha oh well so much for that.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
EDIT: this is directed at theweemanshow

So you heard it from one source and now it's fact.... sure. Sorry internet tough guy I haven't seen anything to make me just ASSUME he's lazy. But like I said if that's your opinion that's fine.

And the possession receiver comment was a mistake. THAT WAS MY POINT!! It was a stupid comment. And if he meant by possession receiver deep threat receiver I would have this to say. Can you teach a WR to run routes? Yes. Can you teach a receiver to have sub 4.3 speed? No.

And I'm fine with people sharing their OPINIONS. But when someone tries to pass their OPINION off as fact and then makes up crap about scouts and what coaches say I'm going to call them out. So why don't you get your facts straight internet tough guy then talk to me!