Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i spent about 30 minutes going to about 50 recent and different mock draft sites and was looking at their picks for the steelers... this is the data i found

Jarvis Moss - overwhleimgly had approx. 20 picks
Levi Brown - 4 picks
Leon Hall - 4 picks
Darrell Revis - 4 picks
Paul Pos. - 3 picks
Adam Carriker - 3 picks
Jamaal Anderson - 3 picks
Lawrence Timmons - 3 picks
Patrick Willis - 1 pick
Reggie Nelson (surprised here) - 1 pick
Robert Meachem - 1 pick
Charles Johnson - 1 pick
Ryan Kalil - 1 pick
Justin Blalock (not counting really, site hadnt been updated ina couple months)

Some thoughts:

Moss is the overwheling favorite with about 40% of the votes

Spencer didn't get 1 vote

If you put the corners together they made up approx 20% of the picks

Meachem was seen usually around the 15 - 25 range, but i saw a mock or two with him in the top 10

about 90% of the votes were for defense
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
So you heard it from one source and now it's fact.... sure. Sorry internet tough guy I haven't seen anything to make me just ASSUME he's lazy. But like I said if that's your opinion that's fine.

And the possession receiver comment was a mistake. THAT WAS MY POINT!! It was a stupid comment. And if he meant by possession receiver deep threat receiver I would have this to say. Can you teach a WR to run routes? Yes. Can you teach a receiver to have sub 4.3 speed? No.

And I'm fine with people sharing their OPINIONS. But when someone tries to pass their OPINION off as fact and then makes up crap about scouts and what coaches say I'm going to call them out. So why don't you get your facts straight internet tough guy then talk to me!
when i said mistake i meant he didn't mean possession. not mistake as in he meant it and it wasn't his smartest comment. i can almost guarantee you he didn't mean to call ginn a possession rcvr. and your arguement on possession rcvr isn't the brightest either. possession rcvr is based off someone that will go up and get the ball ala keyshawn johnson ala hines ward ala TO. ginn will never be a possession rcvr even if you could teach him routes. his frail body would break in half if anthony smith or porter or ray lewis or ed reed lays him out over the middle. all those guys i mentioned are possession rcvrs b/c not only do they run routes but they will fight with the biggest mofo's out there and come down with the ball most of the time and take the biggest hits and get up a half second later skipping and smiling (hines). don't try and jump on me now just b/c i called you out on your immatureness. like i said in my post before, grow up. leave **** alone.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't know what to think about this draft. if we stay at 15 i don't think we will pick up spencer which is why he wasn't there, he isn't worth the 15 pick and professional mocks don't ever have trades in place. but if we do stay at 15, i could see the moss pick. i respect mayock and he has him as his 2nd DE over anderson. and i even think he had spencer over anderson. not sure on that one though. on the other front runners. i wouldn't like the pick of brown or the two corners. don't believe we need any new corners in this draft and def not in the 1st. just my thoughts though don't go crazy. ;)

Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i don't know what to think about this draft. if we stay at 15 i don't think we will pick up spencer which is why he wasn't there, he isn't worth the 15 pick and professional mocks don't ever have trades in place. but if we do stay at 15, i could see the moss pick. i respect mayock and he has him as his 2nd DE over anderson. and i even think he had spencer over anderson. not sure on that one though. on the other front runners. i wouldn't like the pick of brown or the two corners. don't believe we need any new corners in this draft and def not in the 1st. just my thoughts though don't go crazy. ;)
oh no i totoally agree

i dont think we need a corner in the first 4 rounds if at all this year

im not a huge fan of brown to us either, i like him enough i just think defensive front 7 is the way to go, specifically olb pass rusher
Old 03-07-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
oh no i totoally agree

i dont think we need a corner in the first 4 rounds if at all this year

im not a huge fan of brown to us either, i like him enough i just think defensive front 7 is the way to go, specifically olb pass rusher
well i wasn't exactly talking in reference to you when i said don't go crazy. haha but yea. what is your opinion on harrison being able to hold down the fort??

Old 03-07-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well i wasn't exactly talking in reference to you when i said don't go crazy. haha but yea. what is your opinion on harrison being able to hold down the fort??
i loved him on ST, he was a monsterous wedge breaker, and he seemed to be everywhere...

when haggans went down last year with an injury he didnt do much in the games though, however, it was said he had some small injuries too

if he can stay healthy and play with the same intensity i saw on ST's, then i would be comfortable with him playing OLB for us for the next year or two
Old 03-07-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
i loved him on ST, he was a monsterous wedge breaker, and he seemed to be everywhere...

when haggans went down last year with an injury he didnt do much in the games though, however, it was said he had some small injuries too

if he can stay healthy and play with the same intensity i saw on ST's, then i would be comfortable with him playing OLB for us for the next year or two
was it you or Death that posted those 3 youtube.com clippings of harrison?? and if it was you, do you mind posting them again, i don't remember where they were posted and i wanted to show one of my steeler fan buddies here at work.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
was it you or Death that posted those 3 youtube.com clippings of harrison?? and if it was you, do you mind posting them again, i don't remember where they were posted and i wanted to show one of my steeler fan buddies here at work.
i didnt post it but i did find something entertaining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Am7QJ0Zoto

heres what you are looking for i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ngd...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGAXP...elated&search=
Old 03-07-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
dude is the first one him slamming the browns fan?? i hope so. i've seen that and it is absolutely the best thing i have ever watched. and thanks for the other ones.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
dude is the first one him slamming the browns fan?? i hope so. i've seen that and it is absolutely the best thing i have ever watched. and thanks for the other ones.
yeah hahah its a classic
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
when i said mistake i meant he didn't mean possession. not mistake as in he meant it and it wasn't his smartest comment. i can almost guarantee you he didn't mean to call ginn a possession rcvr. and your arguement on possession rcvr isn't the brightest either. possession rcvr is based off someone that will go up and get the ball ala keyshawn johnson ala hines ward ala TO. ginn will never be a possession rcvr even if you could teach him routes. his frail body would break in half if anthony smith or porter or ray lewis or ed reed lays him out over the middle. all those guys i mentioned are possession rcvrs b/c not only do they run routes but they will fight with the biggest mofo's out there and come down with the ball most of the time and take the biggest hits and get up a half second later skipping and smiling (hines). don't try and jump on me now just b/c i called you out on your immatureness. like i said in my post before, grow up. leave **** alone.
Yeah, my argument of possession receiver isn't the brightest. Like calling TO a possession receiver is. But you argument is he's not willing to go over the middle? That would be wrong. His role in the Ohio St. offense was to be the vertical guy but that doesn't mean he didn't go over the middle. Or the argument that he would be broken in half by doing so is just nescient. Santonio Holmes who made his money going over the middle in College and has done a nice job so far for the Steelers is 5-10 5/8 178 pounds. Ted Ginn, Jr. is 5-11 1/5 178lbs. Marvin Harrison goes over the middle and he's one of the smallest WR's in the NFL. And returning punts and kicks is just as dangerous as going over the middle You are running full speed one way they are running full speed the other. So you usually don't have frail players returning punts.

And me being immature? Like trying to pawn off you have some sort of insider information on LaMarr Woodley and know he won't be anything more than a 4th round pick. Because he has access to information the rest of us don't.

And mature like calling names. "theweemanshow". ; )

Now I'll agree Ginn is far from a polished receiver. And needs to be coached on route running. But if he's the BPA and there isn't a player of position of need out there I would be all for drafting him. You can't teach speed and he would immediately become a dangerous return man and stretch the field for possession receiver Hines Ward.

Can you imagine putting Ginn in on three receiver set moving Hines to the slot and have Miller and Hines go over the middle while Holmes runs a 15 slant and Ginn runs a go route up the sideline? If the safety goes over top for Ginn the other can either cover Holmes and watch either Miller or Ward get a nice ten plus yard gain or if he goes up the middle to stop Miller and Ward, Holmes would ge behind the coverage and would be singled up on a CB. If the safety doesn't cover Ginn have Big Ben air it out and have Ginn streak down the field. That would be a match-up nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators.
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, my argument of possession receiver isn't the brightest. Like calling TO a possession receiver is. But you argument is he's not willing to go over the middle? That would be wrong. His role in the Ohio St. offense was to be the vertical guy but that doesn't mean he didn't go over the middle. Or the argument that he would be broken in half by doing so is just nescient. Santonio Holmes who made his money going over the middle in College and has done a nice job so far for the Steelers is 5-10 5/8 178 pounds. Ted Ginn, Jr. is 5-11 1/5 178lbs. Marvin Harrison goes over the middle and he's one of the smallest WR's in the NFL. And returning punts and kicks is just as dangerous as going over the middle You are running full speed one way they are running full speed the other. So you usually don't have frail players returning punts.

And me being immature? Like trying to pawn off you have some sort of insider information on LaMarr Woodley and know he won't be anything more than a 4th round pick. Because he has access to information the rest of us don't.

And mature like calling names. "theweemanshow". ; )

Now I'll agree Ginn is far from a polished receiver. And needs to be coached on route running. But if he's the BPA and there isn't a player of position of need out there I would be all for drafting him. You can't teach speed and he would immediately become a dangerous return man and stretch the field for possession receiver Hines Ward.

Can you imagine putting Ginn in on three receiver set moving Hines to the slot and have Miller and Hines go over the middle while Holmes runs a 15 slant and Ginn runs a go route up the sideline? If the safety goes over top for Ginn the other can either cover Holmes and watch either Miller or Ward get a nice ten plus yard gain or if he goes up the middle to stop Miller and Ward, Holmes would ge behind the coverage and would be singled up on a CB. If the safety doesn't cover Ginn have Big Ben air it out and have Ginn streak down the field. That would be a match-up nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators.

marvis harrison hardly ever goes over the middle, he works the sideline like a hooker works the corner and thats why he is still healthy at his age

i am oppose to drafting ginn... we just dont need that type of reciever, especially not in the first round

and yeah your play that you thought up is great in theory, but then again every play works on paper
Old 03-07-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

don't compare ginn to harrison please. harrison is so good at what he does that he hardly had anyone near him to take a big hit. and with peyton manning throwing him the ball that lowers the odds of him taking a big hit by 50%. and harrison has some of the best hands in the milky way, and well Ginn doesn't.

i never said i wasn't immature. i am a dude, give me a break, we are all immature at times. i was calling you immature. and plus the weemanshow was pretty funny.

and why can't holmes be the go route, he isn't as fast but he is fast enough (see last play of our season) and we also have reid, who no has not proved himself but i think could be a respectable KR/PR in this league,from what i saw at florida st. and there is no way Ginn is BPA at 15 anyway. there are like 3 WR alone i would want over him. can we just agree to disagree and stop bashing ppls opinions so harshly??

Old 03-07-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

can i get some love for my harrison works the sideline like a hooker works the corner analogy???
Old 03-07-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
can i get some love for my harrison works the sideline like a hooker works the corner analogy???
yea i admit i giggled when i read that. good analogy. rep points for you..........................tomorrow rep points tomorrow.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i just looked up the 40 times of ginn and holmes...

ginn = 4.35, holmes = 4.35/4.38
Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:

does anyone know when OSU's pro day is?? b/c that will tell has fast this guy is finally. have some NFL ppl tell us. cuz while 4.35 is supah fast. i believe he will be prolly a little lower than that and possible in the .2's OSU has an incredibly fast track though from what i hear. so if that is true and he does actually run a 4.2 something how cool would it been to see someone put up a 4.1 has that ever been done?? what was green's 40 time back in the day?? or deion's??

Old 03-07-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah i thought greene had the fastest 40..

heres what good ol wikipedia has to say (note ginn's time)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_yard_dash
Old 03-07-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

also ohio st. is march 10th
Old 03-07-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah i thought greene had the fastest 40..

heres what good ol wikipedia has to say (note ginn's time)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_yard_dash
wow those are some sick times. especially that track star.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah but i mean... take it for what its worth comming from wikipedia, and the sources wiki used
Old 03-07-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
marvis harrison hardly ever goes over the middle, he works the sideline like a hooker works the corner and thats why he is still healthy at his age
OH, REALLY!

Marvin Harrison

95 receptions for 1,366 yards
11 receptions over the middle for 154 yards.

11.6% of his receptions over the middle
11.3% of his yards over the middle

Keyshawn Johnson

70 receptions for 815 yards
6 receptions over the middle for 77 yards

8.6% of his receptions over the middle
9.4% of his yards over the middle

Last edited by TheGunShow : 03-07-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
Most other times close to 4.0 are untrustworthy due to the use of hand timing, but it is often claimed that players including Sanders (4.17)[3], Ted Ginn Jr. (4.06)[4], Ryan Dotson (4.24) DeAngelo Hall (4.15)[5][6], Michael Vick (4.25)[7], Bo Jackson (4.14)[8], Don Beebe (4.21)[1], Michael Bennett (4.13)[9], Randy Moss (4.25)[10], Darrell Green (4.15[11], 4.2[12]), Laveranues Coles (4.2)[13], and Alexander Wright (4.09)[14] have approached that mark.
4.06 unofficial.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
OH, REALLY!

Marvin Harrison

95 receptions for 1,366 yards
11 receptions over the middle for 154 yards.

11.6% of his receptions over the middle
11.3% of his yards over the middle

Keyshawn Johnson

70 receptions for 815 yards
6 receptions over the middle for 77 yards

8.6% of his receptions over the middle
9.4% of his yards over the middle

???

i think you owned yourself,

i NEVER comapred him to keyshawn,

and 11% is not a lot at all... where are u finding those stats
Old 03-07-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
4.06 unofficial.
yeah no **** thats why i said take it for what its worth