Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
???

i think you owned yourself,

i NEVER comapred him to keyshawn,

and 11% is not a lot at all... where are u finding those stats
ESPN. Player card go to splits and they have every stat known to man.
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
don't compare ginn to harrison please. harrison is so good at what he does that he hardly had anyone near him to take a big hit. and with peyton manning throwing him the ball that lowers the odds of him taking a big hit by 50%. and harrison has some of the best hands in the milky way, and well Ginn doesn't.

i never said i wasn't immature. i am a dude, give me a break, we are all immature at times. i was calling you immature. and plus the weemanshow was pretty funny.

and why can't holmes be the go route, he isn't as fast but he is fast enough (see last play of our season) and we also have reid, who no has not proved himself but i think could be a respectable KR/PR in this league,from what i saw at florida st. and there is no way Ginn is BPA at 15 anyway. there are like 3 WR alone i would want over him. can we just agree to disagree and stop bashing ppls opinions so harshly??
By 50%... how exactly do you figure that? I call BS!

And that is why I said Holmes would run the 15 slant, the play he ran against the Bengals.

And no way Ginn is the BPA at #15? I've seen many mocks where Ginn would be a great pick for us. If Brown, Willis, Carriker, and Amobi Okoye are off the board I would be fine with taking Ginn. (Obvious guys like Thomas, AP, and CJ would be off the board too)
Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
By 50%... how exactly do you figure that? I call BS!

And that is why I said Holmes would run the 15 slant, the play he ran against the Bengals.

And no way Ginn is the BPA at #15? I've seen many mocks where Ginn would be a great pick for us. If Brown, Willis, Carriker, and Amobi Okoye are off the board I would be fine with taking Ginn. (Obvious guys like Thomas, AP, and CJ would be off the board too)
did you see his right side line????

39 receptions = 41%

exactly why i said he works the sideline like a hooker works the corner
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
did you see his right side line????

39 receptions = 41%

exactly why i said he works the sideline like a hooker works the corner
Oh, my god. I'm arguing with Corky from "Life Goes On". So you are telling me a receiver that lines up on the rights side has 41% of his catches on the... right side. Hey, did you notice Left Side Line? 2 Catches or 2.1% of his receptions.

Here's a good stat.

Terrell Owens:

85 receptions for 1,180 yards

4 receptions for 56 yards over the middle
4.7% of receptions over the middle
4.7% of yards over the middle

Bottom line. Size doesn't matter. If you are willing to go over the middle you go over the middle.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, my god. I'm arguing with Corky from "Life Goes On". So you are telling me a receiver that lines up on the rights side has 41% of his catches on the... right side. Hey, did you notice Left Side Line? 2 Catches or 2.1% of his receptions.

Here's a good stat.

Terrell Owens:

Bottom line. Size doesn't matter. If you are willing to go over the middle you go over the middle.
sorry it took me so long to respond i had to leave work.

bottom line. how the hell did this get to an argument about going over the middle?? we started talking about ginn and how he blew. and then we went to possession recvr's. and now are we going to go full circle and talk about everything football stands for next. i'm done with this. at the end of the day i hope i can fist pound (or slap, since that is in now) all of you posting on this steelers section for being a steeler fan.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Here's a good stat.

Terrell Owens:

no you dumb **** i was pointing out the SIDELINE RECEPTIONS

WHICH I SAID HE DID... WORK THE SIDELINE
do both side lines if u want, its still 43% of his catches...

ON THE SIDELINE

READ WHAT I ******* SAY
Old 03-07-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im not touchin this discussion with a ten foot pole.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, my argument of possession receiver isn't the brightest. Like calling TO a possession receiver is. But you argument is he's not willing to go over the middle? That would be wrong. His role in the Ohio St. offense was to be the vertical guy but that doesn't mean he didn't go over the middle. Or the argument that he would be broken in half by doing so is just nescient. Santonio Holmes who made his money going over the middle in College and has done a nice job so far for the Steelers is 5-10 5/8 178 pounds. Ted Ginn, Jr. is 5-11 1/5 178lbs. Marvin Harrison goes over the middle and he's one of the smallest WR's in the NFL. And returning punts and kicks is just as dangerous as going over the middle You are running full speed one way they are running full speed the other. So you usually don't have frail players returning punts.

And me being immature? Like trying to pawn off you have some sort of insider information on LaMarr Woodley and know he won't be anything more than a 4th round pick. Because he has access to information the rest of us don't.

And mature like calling names. "theweemanshow". ; )

Now I'll agree Ginn is far from a polished receiver. And needs to be coached on route running. But if he's the BPA and there isn't a player of position of need out there I would be all for drafting him. You can't teach speed and he would immediately become a dangerous return man and stretch the field for possession receiver Hines Ward.

Can you imagine putting Ginn in on three receiver set moving Hines to the slot and have Miller and Hines go over the middle while Holmes runs a 15 slant and Ginn runs a go route up the sideline? If the safety goes over top for Ginn the other can either cover Holmes and watch either Miller or Ward get a nice ten plus yard gain or if he goes up the middle to stop Miller and Ward, Holmes would ge behind the coverage and would be singled up on a CB. If the safety doesn't cover Ginn have Big Ben air it out and have Ginn streak down the field. That would be a match-up nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators.
Now if Ginn could only catch. Reliably

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
no you dumb **** i was pointing out the SIDELINE RECEPTIONS

WHICH I SAID HE DID... WORK THE SIDELINE
do both side lines if u want, its still 43% of his catches...

ON THE SIDELINE

READ WHAT I ******* SAY
And Reggie Wayne has 44.2% of his receptions on the LEFT sideline. But the fact remains Marvin Harrison goes over the middle. Just because they are receivers and line up on the outside and the get the primarily of their receptions doesn't mean they don't go over the middle. Dallas Clark has 33% of his receptions over the middle. He also lines up in the middle.

You are arguing that I disagreed with you that Harrison gets the majority of his receptions on the right side. I never disagreed with that fact. I disagreed that he doesn't go over the middle. Which he does, more often than T.O. or Keyshawn Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetToughGuy39 View Post
sorry it took me so long to respond i had to leave work.

bottom line. how the hell did this get to an argument about going over the middle?? we started talking about ginn and how he blew. and then we went to possession recvr's. and now are we going to go full circle and talk about everything football stands for next. i'm done with this. at the end of the day i hope i can fist pound (or slap, since that is in now) all of you posting on this steelers section for being a steeler fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetToughGuy
his frail body would break in half if anthony smith or porter or ray lewis or ed reed lays him out over the middle.
That's how we got going on going over the middle. YOU. And if I do say so myself I made you look silly. Or at least sillier than normal.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Reggie Wayne has 44.2% of his receptions on the LEFT sideline. But the fact remains Marvin Harrison goes over the middle. Just because they are receivers and line up on the outside and the get the primarily of their receptions doesn't mean they don't go over the middle. Dallas Clark has 33% of his receptions over the middle. He also lines up in the middle.

You are arguing that I disagreed with you that Harrison gets the majority of his receptions on the right side. I never disagreed with that fact. I disagreed that he doesn't go over the middle. Which he does, more often than T.O. or Keyshawn Johnson.

That's how we got going on going over the middle. YOU. And if I do say so myself I made you look silly. Or at least sillier than normal.

i'm missing willie parker's number on my 2nd quote. come on now edit that so i atleast am consistent. and believe me friend you didn't make me look any more silly than you made yourself look.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you really change his name in the quotes to "InternetToughGuy"? Are you 12? I'm sure you just pwnt him lolzorz!!!1! We aren't here trying to one up each other by saying stupid crap. We're discussing Steelers football. There is no need to say all of this garbage because people don't agree with you.

Mikehop brought up a valid counterpoint to your arguement that Harrison goes over the middle by pointing out that 43% of his catches are along the sideline as opposed to 11% over the middle. 43 is greater than 11, so that is a valid arguement. So you responded by calling him stupid. Way to ****ing go. You sure showed him. If your discussion skills equated to more than "OMFG ur so stupid!" when someone has a difference in opinion from you, I might actually consider a good arguement that you might make at some point. Congradulations though, because I guess you just beat us at the internet.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

oh well im done with that kid, lets just discuss the steelers and ignore this type of crap

on another note...

who does everyone want assuming we cant trade down?

i for one kind of hope carriker falls to us though i doubt he will
Old 03-08-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think San Fran could take Carriker before us cause they need serious dline help, but if he fell I think I would take him. We could still reach for Spencer, but it might be better to take a BPA and try to trade up into the first to get him later on. It's funny how when Scott posted that mock awhile ago with us taking carriker I hated it, but now I'm ok with it. The senior bowl helped him out a lot.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
I think San Fran could take Carriker before us cause they need serious dline help, but if he fell I think I would take him. We could still reach for Spencer, but it might be better to take a BPA and try to trade up into the first to get him later on. It's funny how when Scott posted that mock awhile ago with us taking carriker I hated it, but now I'm ok with it. The senior bowl helped him out a lot.
yeah definetly

then the combine... then his pro day
Old 03-08-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah definetly

then the combine... then his pro day
if we stay put i say we pick up jarvis moss or BPA which i think could possibly be bowe at WR which would put holmes in slot i think he seems like a better slot guy than bowe b/c he would be matched up with LB and safety most of the time. although i am hoping we trade down with someone that we get more value for moss or then spencer.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Point TT yeah if we pick BPA then its probably Bowe, not Moss, if we trade down then its Moss,

Getting more picks will add depth and also allow us to move up with those extra picks,

I personally would like to Bowie
Old 03-08-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might blow your mind.

We're looking at Carriker.. to move Keisel to OLB.

Keisel is fast enough. He likes to play around 265-275. We've already seen he can pass rush.. 5.5 sacks in his first full season and thats at a light weight 34DE.

If he does that we'll have a huge powerful and speedy 3-4 OLB, He's 6'5 270ish lbs. And he's already 10x better against the run than Shawne Merriman. He's s solid Passrusher.

With that I don't think Carriker will slide past San Francisco. So I think you'll see that I Addressed that idea in my mock.

It's in my new mock.. But the 2nd best 3-4 DE... Justin Harrell.. Any questions you'll see the new mock, ask and I'll be glad to support them.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

Keisel is fast enough. He likes to play around 265-275. We've already seen he can pass rush.. 5.5 sacks in his first full season and thats at a light weight 34DE.

If he does that we'll have a huge powerful and speedy 3-4 OLB, He's 6'5 270ish lbs. And he's already 10x better against the run than Shawne Merriman. He's s solid Passrusher.

With that I don't think Carriker will slide past San Francisco. So I think you'll see that I Addressed that idea in my mock.

It's in my new mock.. But the 2nd best 3-4 DE... Justin Harrell.. Any questions you'll see the new mock, ask and I'll be glad to support them.
no. why?? i was so pumped to see harrison in the starting role. why wouldn't they give him a chance?? wtf??!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
no. why?? i was so pumped to see harrison in the starting role. why wouldn't they give him a chance?? wtf??!!!!!!!!!
He doesn't have have the size. I think he's more a 4-3 Will, although a solid one at that. I don't think they're confident in his ability to be a pass rusher. But he'll see considerable time.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He doesn't have have the size. I think he's more a 4-3 Will, although a solid one at that. I don't think they're confident in his ability to be a pass rusher. But he'll see considerable time.
it'll be settled in camp, the best player will get to play this year

unlike years prior
Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I actually really like that idea. I think Carriker is a great talent and is one of the few people worth the 15th pick at a position we need. Keisel at OLB is interesting. He has pretty good speed and when you get a 270lb guy moving hes hard to stop.

Plus 99 is the best number for a 3-4 OLB so its a great fit.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

didnt big levon kirkland wear 99
Old 03-08-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i believe so
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I actually really like that idea. I think Carriker is a great talent and is one of the few people worth the 15th pick at a position we need. Keisel at OLB is interesting. He has pretty good speed and when you get a 270lb guy moving hes hard to stop.

Plus 99 is the best number for a 3-4 OLB so its a great fit.
Exactly. Especially when he's hard to stop with his hand down on the line. He's beaten Ogden 1on1, which, porter has never...

Carriker has #'s that Smith only dreamed of during his combine. Imagine ....

Aaron Smith Casey Hampton and another Aaron Smith..

Then having Keisel come barreling after the QB.

we'd be damn near unstoppable. I think add a Jacob Ford or a Brian Smith in the later rounds. for depth. then Next year, theres a wealth of 3-4 OLB talent.

Lets draft like the Patriots. Get a BPA for a position that isnt' necesarily a huge need but it's the value. Like a CB or WR in round 1.

Then next year grab a Phil Merling, Brian Cushing, Tommy Blake. Blake would be a speed rusher and Keisel a pure beast.

People cheer for Merriman because he's a sack artist.. Keisel is 10x better against the run than Merriman, and he's probably better in coverage. And he doesn't take Steroids.. He could end up putting up Merriman #'s.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
didnt big levon kirkland wear 99

Yep..

Greene Was 93 I believe, Kirkland 99, Lloyd 95..