Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Not gonna happen, not real high on the idea anyway
thank you for your ever so insightful comment once again
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I counted four teams after Minni that would take him before us and thats not including trade ups. If we do trade up wed likley have to give away a second or third, not crazy with that considering DE is the deepest position in the draft. If we dont get Adams were not missing much. We have other top choices to chose from. Also Adams is a natrual pass rusher, He never really had to play the run, if you saw him he was always used as a hybird pass rusher, always coming off the edge. The Steelers need DE that can play the run effectivley and Adams cannot do that yet, he has the potential, but right now he cant. Guys like Carriker and Spencer are much more Steel town suited DE. If we were Carolina, Atlanta, Detriot, Arizona then yes Adams would be great. I just feel that even with the choice between the two Carriker would get the nod.

Now dont get me wrong, if Adams fell to us i wouldnt think twice about picking him. However hes not as clear cut of a #1 DE you guys are making him out to be and id rather keep my picks and draft a DE who is right up there with him.

Bottom Line- Dont trade up for him, if hes there take him.

Last edited by Man_Of_Steel : 03-11-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Also just a tidbit but i would rather have Amobi Okoye than Gaines Adams. Not only is this more likley but also with get a great player, with bgreat character and more potential than anyone in the draft.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree, if he is there get him, if not don't worry about it.

side note: GO SEE 300!!! you will not be disappointed. it is the greatest movie ever. it's got some of the greatest fight scenes you have ever seen and a great sex scene, ;) which don't deny is a plus. GO see it.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah im not really a fan of trading up but i was just throwing it out there
Old 03-11-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i agree, if he is there get him, if not don't worry about it.

side note: GO SEE 300!!! you will not be disappointed. it is the greatest movie ever. it's got some of the greatest fight scenes you have ever seen and a great sex scene, ;) which don't deny is a plus. GO see it.
yeah our school had a pre screening of it but it ended up snowing that day and our university closed, and i thought that meant there wouldnt be the screening anymore... but i was wrong andddd yeah im pissed
Old 03-11-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Terrible Towel thank you for agreeing, sometimes i feel like people post in favor of the consensus when they themselves dont know much about the player, situation etc.

Props and rep to you. Also 300 is a sick movie.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need Okoye. We have Hampton and Smith locked up now. I'd rather grab a LB or DE (who plays LB in 3-4)

What about Posluzny? I know the peeps in the Burgh are high on him in both 3-4 and 4-3, but I'm not feeling it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I don't think we need Okoye. We have Hampton and Smith locked up now. I'd rather grab a LB or DE (who plays LB in 3-4)

What about Posluzny? I know the peeps in the Burgh are high on him in both 3-4 and 4-3, but I'm not feeling it.
Although DT isnt that big a need, Okoyes talent and upside is undeniable and theres a zero percent chance that the Steelers, who pride themeselves on stopping the run pass on him.

Poz I love, I love the fact that he is a true football player who plays with gritt, passion and has great instincts. He understands the game better than most this draft year and gives 100% on every play. I think a OLB in the first and then DE in the second is the best option. DE is deep where as there are really only two top OLB (Poz and Timmons).
Old 03-11-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Although DT isnt that big a need, Okoyes talent and upside is undeniable and theres a zero percent chance that the Steelers, who pride themeselves on stopping the run pass on him.

Poz I love, I love the fact that he is a true football player who plays with gritt, passion and has great instincts. He understands the game better than most this draft year and gives 100% on every play. I think a OLB in the first and then DE in the second is the best option. DE is deep where as there are really only two top OLB (Poz and Timmons).
yeah i like puz also, you know what you are getting with him... he will give it his all... all the time

in the 3 - 4 though i think he fares better as a ILB, but i think he will be the best in a 4 - 3 WLB, being able to use his instincts and really just be a player
Old 03-11-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okoye i actually see falling to us, only team that might take him is Ram, I think Okoye is a player that can play in our Hybrid scheme, Also a lot of upside to him, he is 20 yrs old so he gets that first 5 year deal hes 25 then gets like 6 yr deal when 31 and might play another 4 yrs after that

So many LBs, in this draft Willis, Puz, Timmons, who to choose
Old 03-11-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

I can't see Okoye getting much playtime in a 3-4.

I don't think he's the type to be a 3-4 DE. and I don't think we're going to move keisel to OLB to go with a 4-3 Front.

I Saw Okoye a lot, and frankly I was never impressed. Sure he's 19, doesn't make him a first round prospect because he could develop. He does a lot of stuff well, but he'll be overdrafted because he's 19.

Poz is a hardworker and he's going to make some team happy, but I can't see it being pittsburgh. Then again, he could be a solid future MLB behind Farrior. But MLB isn't a first round pick. Atleast for us.

at DE... I'd like Branch, Carriker, Harrell, Alama-Francis, Alford, Brown, McBean, Soliai. Any of those guys can hold the point. Just imagine Keisel Running amok behind them.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

take this how u want

anderson?
houston?

6-6/284-pound Arkansas DE Jamaal Anderson ran a 4.75 and a 4.8 in the forty-yard dash at his college Pro Day on Tuesday.

Rising corner Chris Houston stood on his numbers. 100 pro personnel were on hand for this workout, including Rams coach Scott Linehan and Mike Tomlin of the Steelers. Anderson didn't work out at the Combine.
Source: nfl.com
Old 03-13-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
take this how u want

anderson?
houston?

6-6/284-pound Arkansas DE Jamaal Anderson ran a 4.75 and a 4.8 in the forty-yard dash at his college Pro Day on Tuesday.

Rising corner Chris Houston stood on his numbers. 100 pro personnel were on hand for this workout, including Rams coach Scott Linehan and Mike Tomlin of the Steelers. Anderson didn't work out at the Combine.
Source: nfl.com
i like jamaal and it seems as though he can fall to us at 15, he would provide us with the ability to play the 3 - 4 or 4 - 3 almost seemlessly, playing end opposite smith in the 3 - 4, and most likely opposite kiesel in the 4 - 3 (smith and hampton in the inside)

that would give us one of the more dominating defensive lines in the game, and can provide a lot of looks / different zone blitz packages for lebeau to work with, especially having 4 - 5 capable linebackers in haggans, foote, farrior, harrison, and possibly kiesel

its looking as though some teams are more up on carricker, maybe thats just my perception, but i really think(maybe moreso hope) one of these two guys will fall to us at 15

the depth and options they bring will be very beneficial
Old 03-13-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i like jamaal and it seems as though he can fall to us at 15, he would provide us with the ability to play the 3 - 4 or 4 - 3 almost seemlessly, playing end opposite smith in the 3 - 4, and most likely opposite kiesel in the 4 - 3 (smith and hampton in the inside)

that would give us one of the more dominating defensive lines in the game, and can provide a lot of looks / different zone blitz packages for lebeau to work with, especially having 4 - 5 capable linebackers in haggans, foote, farrior, harrison, and possibly kiesel

its looking as though some teams are more up on carricker, maybe thats just my perception, but i really think(maybe moreso hope) one of these two guys will fall to us at 15

the depth and options they bring will be very beneficial
Jamaal wouldn't be a DE in my opinion. I think it'd be a waste. I'd like to see him lose 5-10 lbs and standup. He's faster than Haggans (4.82 40') and we can draft Alford, sign a 3-4 DE and we have a monster pass rush.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Jamaal wouldn't be a DE in my opinion. I think it'd be a waste. I'd like to see him lose 5-10 lbs and standup. He's faster than Haggans (4.82 40') and we can draft Alford, sign a 3-4 DE and we have a monster pass rush.
well even still, we have that depth and those options, run him at 3 - 4 OLB anda 4 - 3 end
Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would lance briggs work for us in our system, if he does any chance of us getting him, i could see a trade for our 2nd for him or our first for him, there 1st and problaby a 4th or 3rd,
Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
would lance briggs work for us in our system, if he does any chance of us getting him, i could see a trade for our 2nd for him or our first for him, there 1st and problaby a 4th or 3rd,
I would hate it if we gave more than a second rounder for him. i wouldnt even give him that.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I would hate it if we gave more than a second rounder for him. i wouldnt even give him that.
Lance Briggs is overrated. He's a 3rd rounder that landed in a perfect situation in Chicago. He's threatening a holdout after being offered over 7.2+ Mill for one season? I don't want a cancer like him in the locker room.

and If you want a Cover 2 Will, why not sign June, He'd be cheaper, and doesn't have the ego of Briggs.

I just don't know where he'd fit.. ILB/OLB 3-4/4-3 ... Why pay him so much when he really wouldn't be an upgrade over Foote.

If thats the case I'd rather give less and get Keyaron Fox. The kid is going to be special if KC would stop burying him on the Depth Chart.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Anyone see Briggs on NFL Network Total Access today. He was interviewed about his standpoint. Rod Woodson really came down on him.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i wish i had nfl n here at college, damn cheap cable companies wont provide it and im too cheap to buy it