Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
You are severely underrating the eagles backs here. First of all Westbrook has become not only an outside threat, but he can do it all. Inside, outside, receiving out of the backfield, splitting out, everything. When time is running out, he is the first person the eagles go to to grind out the clock. He always gets 2-3 extra yards unless the OL doesn't do their job and he has a DT hitting him the millisecond he gets handed the ball. As for our "garbage" backups, Buckhalter is not spectacular but very solid. He has great speed, probably even faster than Westbrook (in terms of pure speed, not quickness), and he can also be a bruiser. They are hoping Tony Hunt can possibly breakout and be that pure big back they need in short yardage/ goal line situations. Lorenzo Booker is going to be used the way he needs to be and that is split out and on the field at the same time as Westbrook to commit mis-matches. The fact that you put some of those teams is very laughable like the giants, the depth on the giants can be argued to be better, but the starter alone puts them far superior. Same goes for the rest of the teams you mentioned. Like Sniper said, it seems like you are basing most of your opinions on 3 years ago.
If I had to take just 1 RB to be my teams RB, I would take Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore or Marion Barber first before Westbrook. If I could have one of them and Westbrook, I'd be set, but I think all of those guys are better runners of the football.

furthermore, I would take Chester Taylor, Brandon Jacobs, Brian Leonard, and maybe Felix Jones, Michael Robinson and Bradshaw/Ward as my backup/complimentary backs before I would take Buckhalter.

I'm just going to stop now as I don't see a point in continuing this argument when my points were made earlier. I stand by my conviction of the running back groups I'd rather have than the eagles.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
hence why I've said in many other threads that I think the eagles are overrated going into this year.

and youd think a guy a guy married to the pass would pick up...idk....some more worthwhile receivers. and i don't want to hear that he cant or some such blah blah blah. could have gotten rid of lito for anquan boldin and then they would have been a legitimate threat this year assuming mcnabb stays healthy...which he just hasnt been it seems.....

and also, there is no way the eagles should have been #2 on the list which was my initial complaint in the first place.
Don't you think I or EVERY OTHER ******* EAGLES FAN has complained about this? And no, we couldn't have gotten Lito for Boldin. Both Fitzgerald and Boldin were inquired about, but the Cardinals are making the brilliant decision of tying up some 20 million a year in receivers instead of addressing other needs and making their team better.

Anyways, Westbrook is the league's most versatile back. He can go inside, outside, whatever.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If I had to take just 1 RB to be my teams RB, I would take Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore or Marion Barber first before Westbrook. If I could have one of them and Westbrook, I'd be set, but I think all of those guys are better runners of the football.
Guess we'll have to settle for our crappy runner who only had 1,300+ yards last year and over 2,000 total yards.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Where are you getting that from? I'm sure if they could have made that move they would have in a heartbeat.
before the draft, there were rumblings of it in a lot of places I read about. I don't believe it was straight up one for one as that would have been robbery but for even Lito and a 2nd/3rd, that trade would have been a mastermove but for some reason it never happened....same could be said about getting roy williams and chad johnson.

I think the Eagles had the ammo to get any one of those guys but....it never happened.

One could say that the Lions, Bengals and Cardinals were never actually interested in moving those receivers but there tends to be a nugget of truth in trade rumors like that.

I think it would have been a really great move on the Eagles part to get any one of those guys using Lito and a draft pick(s). Really would have put them over the top I think....

Cause right now I feel that the Cowboys and Giants are still better teams in that division alone. Add to that the possible improvements of teams like the Vikings and maybe a team like the Saints getting back into it, and the Eagles could improve on last year and still miss the playoffs imo.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Guess we'll have to settle for our crappy runner who only had 1,300+ yards last year and over 2,000 total yards.
chill dude, chill. opinions opinions. the best way for me to be proven wrong is for it to happen during the season. nothing either of us can say now is going to swap the view of the other, so relax.

plus I think a healthy Stephen Jackson is easily capable of that too
Old 06-15-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im sry beer baron but Westbrook is a Top3 RB. I dont really get where u got that Westbrook cant Run/carry the load...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
For not proving much at this point, what 7 teams should you be ranked ahead of then, because I don't see one team I'd place the Falcons above at this point, it has the potential to be alot better, but as of now I couldn't put them any higher.
1. Vikings

2. Eagles

3. Cowboys

4/5. Falcons/Giants

I think RBC are the way to go and even if you have a superior 1st string RB (Steven Jackson, Frank Gore), its showing that you need a good 2nd string RB (This doesnt go for Westbrook. All you need is Westbrook). Giving that rest to the number 1 RB is essential, especially as the game winds down and the defenses get tired. I think they put these 1 back guys too high and that Turner and Norwood are a great combination.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wait till caddy comes back, stright too the top! mark my words.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

top 3:

Giants
Rams
Vikings

kthx bye

but seriously, did he really say Leonard hasn't proved himself as a viable option? **** him. He obviously knows nothing. Leonard is the greatest player in the league, hands down
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
top 3:

Giants
Rams
Vikings

kthx bye

but seriously, did he really say Leonard hasn't proved himself as a viable option? **** him. He obviously knows nothing. Leonard is the greatest player in the league, hands down
Better than Osi?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Better than Osi?
you can't compare Offensive and Defensive players, but it's close. very very close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me a homer but I'll take two backs in Stewart and a proven healthy commodity Williams over warrick dunn, cadillac williams and edgerrin james.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well. Uh...homer.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 06-15-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
The best part of the Falcons...at number 8? Come on. Turner averages 5.5 yards a carry and Norwood averages 6.2 yards a carry. Ovie Mughelli is one of the best blocking FBs in the league. Both of them have questions about whether or not they can handle the load...and what do you know! They wont have to!
I'm not saying that they won't be a great combination, but I'm waiting on Turner to see how he does without LT before I make my judgment. I feel like he's somewhat overrated right now, but he could certainly prove me wrong this season.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think The Panthers will have a top five tandem by the end of the year
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Call me a homer but I'll take two backs in Stewart and a proven healthy commodity Williams over warrick dunn, cadillac williams and edgerrin james.
Of course you would, because you are a Panther's fan.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
1. Vikings

2. Eagles

3. Cowboys

4/5. Falcons/Giants

I think RBC are the way to go and even if you have a superior 1st string RB (Steven Jackson, Frank Gore), its showing that you need a good 2nd string RB (This doesnt go for Westbrook. All you need is Westbrook). Giving that rest to the number 1 RB is essential, especially as the game winds down and the defenses get tired. I think they put these 1 back guys too high and that Turner and Norwood are a great combination.

So you should be ranked higher then Portis and Betts? I'm not buying that right now, at least not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Panthers, not Panther's. No reason for random apostrophes in plural words.

But he is right. A healthy Stewart and a healthy Williams would be pretty badass.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So you should be ranked higher then Portis and Betts? I'm not buying that right now, at least not yet.
Well, not me personally, but the Falcons maybe. Betts had a great 06 season when he took over for Portis, but other than that...I dont think that he is anything special (for a back up). Portis is very good, but I think he is best when he gets around 300 carries in a year, not any more.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys should be flopped with the 49ers. Other than that it is okay
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like alot of homers in this thread. Makes no difference where your rated. If you ain't first your last. I think cleary the Vikings are #1 with AP and Chester Taylor would could start on alot of teams. The next few are all debatable.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams are #1, we have Brian Leonard!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
IMO its not that much of a stretch to take a very formiddable draft pick and a proven guy with 2 years in the league and a 5.0 ypc average last year over 2 players clearly on the downside of their careers and a third who's never been healthy longer than 12 games in a given season.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Barber not much in the passing game? Did you just make that up?
Nope. I am basing it on his competition. He is not the threat in the passing game that Westbrook, Gore, Jackson are. He will catch check downs which is fine and there aren't any knocks on his hands but he isn't much of a threat compared to his competitors.

His YPC is below most of the other top backs. None of the other backs in the top 5 are averaging 7 YPC or below.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
im sry beer baron but Westbrook is a Top3 RB. I dont really get where u got that Westbrook cant Run/carry the load...
Look BeerBaron, the German even said so, haha. He must be right. Seriously though, I agree with Renji., Westy is a top three RB, but maybe not for long though. Adrian Peterson is nipping on his heals and could even be #1 RB in a year or two. Him and Steven Jackson are the only RBs I would consider putting ahead of Westbrook besides LT and LJ.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote