Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The great thing about the shirley is we covered the DT pick before we got him with pat Sims in the 3rd round. So if he does turn out to be a wasted pick, we have it covered.

What stings the most about Chris henry is the lack of replacement for him. If we had drafted another WR later then I think his departure wouldn't cut so deep (I looked @ the draft class and there were very few good receivers that year, but still a couple that would have been more valuable now in 08 than henry provided from 05-08).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
"IF" Shirley can keep himself out of trouble AND learn the defense, this guy will be a monster in the middle of our defensive line. He's the type of fat body we have been looking for. Big, strong, and can actually run a little bit. If wouldn't have had the legal issues, this guy would have went FAR sooner in the draft.

Could be a huge pick, could be absolute garbage...
Most of the time you dont strike gold in the 5th round. So its not so bad of a round to take a risk in. If he doesnt work out it isnt really a garbage pick. It is more of a pick where you cant lose anything but you could gain alot.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all about them taking risks on high ceiling guys in the 4th round on. I don't mind 'character' concerns as long as they are good teammates (and didn't frequently screw up) in these later round guys because if they screw up... You cut a 5th round pick, kind of like you would do if you took a 5th rounder with not much of a ceiling.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 06-29-2008 at 06:51 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th rounders dont even make teams half the time so if he f's up he is gone and no loss. we still got Simms and next years draft could be stacked to the high heavens with DTs

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think in next years draft we will be taking a LB or RB in the first rounds. I dont think a DT of high quality will be available at our spot in the first round. I think the only way we will land a coveted DT is if we are picking in the top5...I think we will be picking in the bottom 10 next draft so we will probably aim towards a RB or LB.

But back to the topic of Shirley. Basically if he doesnt work out he will be dropped. He is a major player to get in the 5th round. He dropped for the same reasons that Thurman or Henry would have dropped. He could be a beast if he gets everything straightened out, so lets hope he does.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yep, he's really the one I want to see progress "sooner" rather than "later" as I believe "IF" he can come along quick, he has the potential to be a huge game changer in the middle. Couple that with Peko and Sims and this could play out well...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worse case scenario with Shirley is he becomes another Mathias Askew...big friggin deal. no sleep lost.

Best case scenario, he becomes a monster in the middle and beasts it up

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Worse case scenario with Shirley is he becomes another Mathias Askew...big friggin deal. no sleep lost.

Best case scenario, he becomes a monster in the middle and beasts it up
Very well said... LOL I forgot about Askew and so has everyone else.

I'm completely against taking risks on guys in the 1st thru 3rd round, sorta in the fourth. Otherwise, if they have a slight amount of baggage but are said to be good teammates I see no problem in drafting them.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone even know whats going on with his case right now?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Last I heard, him and his lawyer were claiming the Breathalyzer was inaccurate (which happens a lot actually) and there is no way he could have been as drunk as they claimed he was because of his size and the amount of alcohol he drank in such a short period of time. something ridiculous like a case in an hour i think.
They claim it was symptoms of a concussion not alcohol that made him dissoriented.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yep, I heard they were still working the issue in regards to his case and I hope they can get all this taken care of quickly... This is the possible difference maker in regards to the future of this position. 6'5, 330 and being able to add another 20 to his frame without hurting his quickness ?? Crazy, just crazy... Oh yeah, was clocked sub 5.0 in the 40 and has a 35 in vertical. Are you kidding me ?? That kind of agility in a big man is next to unheard of. IF we ever go to a 3-4 base, this is our nosetackle...

I'm really hoping good things for Shirley...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote