Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That right there is a bottle of Dom Perignon.

Considering most people don't know **** about champagne... If it was indeed 15k of champagne... That would have been about 40 bottles of champagne... Someone got a lot of nerve.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LEAVE JAVON ALOOOONE.

seriously though, sucks for him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
That would have been about 40 bottles of champagne...
It said he sprayed "15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered." Not 15 thousand dollars worth of it. Either way, what a waste of perfectly good booze.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
It said he sprayed "15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered." Not 15 thousand dollars worth of it. Either way, what a waste of perfectly good booze.
Just celebrating all that guaranteed cash he's going to milk for years to come.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Okay, Dom Perignon at an average restaurant will sell for nearly 200 bucks. Do you realize how much that price increases when you're in the confines of a club in Vegas? I'd really be surprised if they sold it for anything less than double
Old 06-17-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Okay, Dom Perignon at an average restaurant will sell for nearly 200 bucks. Do you realize how much that price increases when you're in the confines of a club in Vegas? I'd really be surprised if they sold it for anything less than double
I wouldn't know how much it is but, either way, it's too much money.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"ANTE UP, JACK THAT FOOL/
YOU WANT BIG MONEY, KIDNAP THAT FOOL/

IT'S THE PERFECT TIMING, YOU SEE THAT MAN SHINING?

GET UP OFF THEM GOTDAMN DIAMONDS!/"

I'm really sorry about what happened to Javon Walker, its most unfortunate.

But this is the only thing that runs through my head when I think of this situation.....had this song ran through his head while he indulged in acts of grandoise showing of wealth, this situation might not of had happened, but it's Vegas though....the same Vegas where Levi Jones got jumped by Joey Porter and his 'gang', so.....(shrugs)

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Shawne Merriman had to buy his team a $20,000+ meal as a rookie. A couple thousand is nothing to a guy like Javon Walker.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN Hashmarks is pointing out how similar this siyuation was to the Darrent Williams shooting. Supposedly that shooting was sparked by Brandon Marshall spraying champagne all over the place. Javon Walker was there that night and probably should have known better
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
jesus, get real.

are you honestly suggesting that me posting that he's an idiot has any remote connection to his dad walking into the hospital and saying the same thing? i can't even begin to put into words how incredibly ridiculous that is.

treat others how i'd want to be treated? to be honest, if i had just sprayed champagne over a bunch of people in the wrong place and had been robbed/mugged afterwards, i think i'd probably have bigger things to worry about than whether a bunch of folks on some internet forum think i did something stupid. i fail to see how this golden rule BS has anything to do with any of this.
yay!njx is back!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
ESPN Hashmarks is pointing out how similar this siyuation was to the Darrent Williams shooting. Supposedly that shooting was sparked by Brandon Marshall spraying champagne all over the place. Javon Walker was there that night and probably should have known better
The Darrent Williams situation was about more than champagne being sprayed around. It was a gang-related shooting.

Have you guys never been to a party or club where champagne is sprayed around in celebration? Not a big deal at all.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
The Darrent Williams situation was about more than champagne being sprayed around. It was a gang-related shooting.

Have you guys never been to a party or club where champagne is sprayed around in celebration? Not a big deal at all.
In the Darrent Williams case, they accidentally sprayed some gang members.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Im confused, the guy gets robbed and people flame him...
Yup. Gotz to luv the interwebz, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
WTF, was he rolling solo? Where was his posse at? Reports say he was found alone and unconscious.
Yeah, there's some missing parts of this story.

Even with more details needed, I'm confident in this: I think these situations are avoidable most of the time, simply by not being such a balla that you have to spray the crowd at some club w/bottles of champagne, only to end up walking the streets, apparently alone at the end of the night. Sorry, but if he ended up dead I would have put him on a Darwin list. Brilliant idea: go spray a few Gs worth of champagne around like it's water, but don't bother with a limo - or at the very least spend $30 bucks on a cab??

But what do I know, I'm as far from ballin as one can get.

Hope he heals well, and then gets a clue. When you live like a king it's a good idea to take precautions when you travel. Food tasters are a good idea, too - but that's a different thread.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
In the Darrent Williams case, they accidentally sprayed some gang members.
Williams was not involved in the altercation within the nightclub and it is uncertain what the events actually were. I don't remember reading anything about champagne causing the altercation though.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Williams was not involved in the altercation within the nightclub and it is uncertain what the events actually were. I don't remember reading anything about champagne causing the altercation though.
Says it in ESPN Hashmarks for today. Sorry I don't have a link but it's not hard to find on their site
Old 06-17-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
Says it in ESPN Hashmarks for today. Sorry I don't have a link but it's not hard to find on their site
Even if that is true, you're seriously going to blame a guy for spraying champagne? That's like saying girls who dress slutty deserve to be raped.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Even if that is true, you're seriously going to blame a guy for spraying champagne? That's like saying girls who dress slutty deserve to be raped.
I don't know about you but if I was minding my own business and someone doused me with champagne, ruining my attire for the evening I'd be a little more than slightly upset.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
I don't know about you but if I was minding my own business and someone doused me with champagne, ruining my attire for the evening I'd be a little more than slightly upset.
You should probably get out a little bit more often...
Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
You should probably get out a little bit more often...
Excuse me for being a morally sound, middle class, white married man. I forgot that I'm not cool unless the clothes I worked hard to afford get ruined by some jerk who decides he wants to give everyone a champagne shower. When I get back from Iraq I'll make sure to go to the bar and ask the guy to my left to pour a beer on my head so I can fit in.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
Excuse me for being a morally sound, middle class, white married man. I forgot that I'm not cool unless the clothes I worked hard to afford get ruined by some jerk who decides he wants to give everyone a champagne shower. When I get back from Iraq I'll make sure to go to the bar and ask the guy to my left to pour a beer on my head so I can fit in.
Getting sprayed with a few drops of champagne isn't a big deal buddy. Take it easy. Certainly not worth bashing somebody's face in outside a club or killing them.

Also, try washing your studly clothes next time somebody spills something on them.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Getting sprayed with a few drops of champagne isn't a big deal buddy. Take it easy. Certainly not worth bashing somebody's face in outside a club or killing them.

Also, try washing your studly clothes next time somebody spills something on them.
I'm not saying I'd beat the crap out of someone, I'm hardly a big enough person to go and pick fights with people. I just have a major issue with the overall lack of respect for people it shows to spray them with champagne when they are minding their own business. Just because you make a ton of money doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to people
Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
I'm not saying I'd beat the crap out of someone, I'm hardly a big enough person to go and pick fights with people. I just have a major issue with the overall lack of respect for people it shows to spray them with champagne when they are minding their own business. Just because you make a ton of money doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to people
Ever been to a New Year's party? Is it a jerk-move to spray champagne at Midnight?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Ever been to a New Year's party? Is it a jerk-move to spray champagne at Midnight?
Man I've been in Iraq too long. I completely forgot that it was New Years Eve last night
Old 06-17-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
Man I've been in Iraq too long. I completely forgot that it was New Years Eve last night
Sounds like that hot desert sun is blocking your ability to think clearly.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kevin. I also don't think you'll be in the same club as Javon. And i mean that in the best way. You're a level headed white middle class dude, who doesn't neeeeed to go to vegas and sit in a bar with tramps and athletes and get your **** sprayed with champagne.

Duster. Quit busting his balls. Just because you're a club rat doesn't mean he has to take that.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote