Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
This is a little fishy. Why would they knock him in the head in his room, rob him, then carry him down to their vehicle through a hotel hallway. And then drop him off in the street. Why not just leave him unconcious in his room? Why risk carrying him downstairs?

My gut tells me Javon's hiding something. I've blacked out while drinking a few times in my youth and it's embarassing and confusing. And given what just went down with Cedric I would think Javon would have motive to cover up his own indiscretions.

Hit it right on the head, what reason would they have to drag an unconscious man downstairs into a car only to drop him off at a random point, they would of gotten away alot faster just leaving his room if he was blacked out anyway...Only reason somebody takes a body from the hotel to the car is if he was dead, otherwise there is no logical explanation why they would want to go through that much trouble, so I can't buy that story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so I've come up with what I think is the most likely scenario.

Walker ends the night at a strip joint. With me so far? Good.

Some problems arise - shocker, right?

Walker gets going on a d-bag "Do you know who I am?" type of rant.

Bouncers (who, in general, don't care who you are) shut Walker up w/a hamfist to the face.

Bouncers/Management realize "Oh ****, this guy's face is messed up, let's ditch him somewhere." - then proceed to do just that.

Walker, knowing the severe approach the Commish has taken w/all NFLers who get into trouble, decides his best bet is to just shut up and claim he was being a good boy - he's a victim.

Walker, because he's an idiot, decides a "I got robbed in my hotel room, and those bad men carried me out to the street" is a pretty solid story that should cover his ass w/o any further questions. Because the most conspicuous route - ie "hey let's carry him out of the hotel, no one will notice" is most certainly the choice any good mugger would choose.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i fail to see why it's so difficult to understand that all it takes is ONE person getting pissed off because of that kind of ****. the fact that it may be common is completely irrelevant and a worthless and utterly unprovable discussion point. i can just as easily say that in any bar i've ever been in on planet earth, this type of "celebration" NEVER occurs unless it's a private party where the "sprayer" knows literally everyone there.
Well it's pretty clear now that the motive in this crime wasn't retaliation for being sprayed with champagne, and to me it seemed ridiculous to assume that this was the reason he got rolled up.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

My guess is the dude blacked out and got mugged. I'm not going to believe any story about this because I've got buddies in vegas and they party hard down there, almost as hard as they used to back here, and when you're partying hard and cross that line to out of control anything can happen, good or bad.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

This is Javon Walker's fault.

You can't fluant your riches like that and then walk out on to the streets alone and not expect to get jumped. Why in the world would you wear$100,000 worth of jewlery, carry $3000 in cash and then just walk out onto the streets in the middle of the night alone? Just stupid.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
This is Javon Walker's fault.

You can't fluant your riches like that and then walk out on to the streets alone and not expect to get jumped. Why in the world would you wear$100,000 worth of jewlery, carry $3000 in cash and then just walk out onto the streets in the middle of the night alone? Just stupid.
I'm assuming he was ****-faced.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Interesting, but I bet you didn't have a problem when it was Michael Vick, Adam Jones, or Chris Henry at the receiving end of the hate.
Michael Vick and Pacman will always be two of my favorite players.

yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

he is expected to be in Alameda tonight.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I just saw video of where he was mugged, and it was "sketchy" to say the least. Why would you fluant your riches, and then go walking through the Ghettos of Las Vegas? Not smart, everyone in Vegas knows to avoid places like that for this reason alone. It was especially stupid that he was in the ghetto at night. Stupidity. C'mon Javon take a Taxi.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I was partying in Vegas last year, but never was sprayed with champagne nor saw anyone else being sprayed. I was at a bar last new years however, and did get sprayed with champagne. To tell you the truth, I was pissed and depending on the mood I was in or state of intoxication it might have led to A fight. I mean what the hell, I didnt know the jerk that was doing this to perfect strangers nor did the group I was with. I basically thought it was pretty damn disrespectful. Im a pretty easy going dude so I can easily see how someone less laid back might react with violence.
I heard earlier today on the radio (the first and only time ive heard of this , until now) that the police are sceptical of Javons story and the video footage in the hotel doesnt add up with Javons story from a time line stand point. Also Ive heard that there were some boxing/ or MMA people in the place when this champagne spraying incident occurred so who knows what really happened. (admittedly, I didnt hear the full story about that. But its an interesting twist if its true.)
The one thing I do believe from all of this is that Javon was once again being a complete dumbass.
On a side note, I have seen nothing in these posts to suggest someone was saying something racist. I have long ago began to question the intelligence of pathetic jerks that so casually takes those cheap shots in an attempt to make their argument stronger. As though flippantly accusing someone of being racist makes the accuser "superior and enlightened" simply by making the accusation, even if the accusation is complete garbage.

Last edited by Football Fan : 06-19-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
according to Javon:

"I was just back at my room and at about 5:30 in the morning I got a knock at the door. I opened it and 3 guys with guns were there. They cracked me in the head a few times, knocking me unconscious. They then robbed me of everything I had; my watch, money, everything! Somehow they got me to a car and dropped me off in the street. Thatís what happened."

Whether or not he is being honest, I just thought I would bring it into the discussion.
Alright guys this is the biggest lie ever. Javon was staying at one of the most secure hotels with cameras. If he was somehow majically found in his room then he would be on camera getting dragged out into the car. O and its so easy to drag someone out of a hotel with guns and nobody notices.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per pft....
Quote:
To the surprise of no one (save for the 10 percent of folks who responded to our current poll in the affirmative), Raiders receiver Javon Walkerís version of the events culminating in the taking of an involuntary nap on a Las Vegas street has been contradicted by surveillance video.

According to Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, police have video of Walker getting into a car under his own power, and that he is not being coerced.

Walker was found at 7:30 a.m. local time, unconscious in a pool of blood. He had left the Body English night club at 3:00 a.m. after a night of spraying champagne (and, presumably, drinking hose water).
Old 06-22-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO thats funny, but its not even a surprise to anybody that read his story of what happened, he didn't even put much thought into that lie...Just for that, I hope they give him some sort of punishment, he should be rehabbing his knees but thanks to good ol' Al he's partying hard with money to spare.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Told you 2 days before that was posted on PFT that he was staying in one of the most secure hotels with cameras and that lie was a load of ****. Javon did something whether it was just champagne spraying or something more that caused this and he tried an awful lie to cover it up. Where is his lawyer to tell him to keep his mouth shut or tell him what to say, its obvious Javon cant.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Las Vegas, 2 years ago I had my Marine Corps Ball in Las Vegas and got so drunk that I passed out in an elevator at the Tropicana in my dress blues. Surprisingly I was not robbed. Even more surprisngly I woke up with and extra 20 bucks in my pocket. God bless patriotism. I can only hope that I didn't do something to earn that 20 bucks while I was unconsious.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Told you 2 days before that was posted on PFT that he was staying in one of the most secure hotels with cameras and that lie was a load of ****. Javon did something whether it was just champagne spraying or something more that caused this and he tried an awful lie to cover it up. Where is his lawyer to tell him to keep his mouth shut or tell him what to say, its obvious Javon cant.
Everybody said 2 days ago that it was a load of bull.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2008, 04:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Speaking of Las Vegas, 2 years ago I had my Marine Corps Ball in Las Vegas and got so drunk that I passed out in an elevator at the Tropicana in my dress blues. Surprisingly I was not robbed. Even more surprisngly I woke up with and extra 20 bucks in my pocket. God bless patriotism. I can only hope that I didn't do something to earn that 20 bucks while I was unconsious.
Haha, thats great. How long were you on the elevator?
Old 06-22-2008, 04:15 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just saw video of where he was mugged, and it was "sketchy" to say the least. Why would you fluant your riches, and then go walking through the Ghettos of Las Vegas? Not smart, everyone in Vegas knows to avoid places like that for this reason alone. It was especially stupid that he was in the ghetto at night. Stupidity. C'mon Javon take a Taxi.
Bingo. You don't walk through the ghetto unless you're strapped or you have other heads with you. Especially if you're a rich man. He's a dumbass.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:19 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, thats great. How long were you on the elevator?
Well I'm not sure exactly as I have no idea when I passed out. I woke up around 7 AM so it may have been awhile.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

If you guys remember, Joe Johnson fractured his orbital bone during the 2005 playoffs in the Western Conference Final v.s. the Mavericks. I remember that was pretty nasty. Joe Johnson also suffered a concussion so it was pretty much the exact same thing that has happened to Javon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2058372
Old 06-22-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/20625684.html

Apparently there are rumors that Floyd Mayweather Jr. and his entourage were pissed off at the champagne spraying. And, as has been posted, Javon's story is bogus. Man, this just gets batter and better.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good.

that dumbass needs an asswhoopin
Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Seriously. Mayweather & his crew are so uncool.

Quote:
Considering the fact that you can't remember anything, I'd say it was worth it either way, right? No memory = no regret FTW! lol.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well its easy:

- were your hands sticky?
- was your mouth sticky?
- did it hurt to sit?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Suspect arrested in attack on Walker

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3459040