Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-10-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post

My grandfather passed away just over a year ago.

I heard this song coming home today and was in tears driving down the highway.
The first time I heard this song it brought me back to the days I spent with my grandfather, who died when I was 10, and I got choked up too.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
The first time I heard this song it brought me back to the days I spent with my grandfather, who died when I was 10, and I got choked up too.
Both of my grandpa's died before I was born. My step grandpa then died when I was a kid.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This I Gotta See

Wide Open (the first 20 seconds or so are missing)

Crazy Town

Love Was Easy

On My Highway

Keep the Girl

The Call by Matt Kennon

Cattleman's Gun by Dean Brody

Old 03-10-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to see Miranda Lambert at the local race track performing after the races and I would always wonder how she isnt playing in much bigger events because she was really good. Glad to see she made it.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I'm not a Country Western fan, but I do love beer. In fact if I drink enough beer, I amazingly know the lyrics to every Country Western song ever recorded, even ones I have never heard before.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post

I used to see Miranda Lambert at the local race track performing after the races and I would always wonder how she isnt playing in much bigger events because she was really good. Glad to see she made it.
Ypu should have moved in on her while you had the chance, now you have Blake Shelton to fight off.

I like all thosesongs, but honestly, I think Hillbilly Bone is way overplayed. The song isn't THAT good if you ask me. I love Miranda Lambert though.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
For the record, I'm not a Country Western fan, but I do love beer. In fact if I drink enough beer, I amazingly know the lyrics to every Country Western song ever recorded, even ones I have never heard before.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Some Cross Canadian Ragweed songs...
Soul Agent

Boys from Oklahoma (one of many groups that perform this song)

Honestly, I should stop with Cross Candaian Ragweed here, because if I don't, there will be 100 videos in this post.
Also, there aren't videos up by the band, but fidn the song "Nyphomaniac" by them...

Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Randy Rogers Band
Lost and Found

One More Goodbye

One Woman (one of my favorite songs)

Tommy Jackson

Kiss Me In the Dark (Another one of my favorite songs)

Break Even (Another Favorite)

They Call it the Hill Country

I must stop there, or, much like Cross Canadian Ragweed, there will be 100 videos on here. This is probably my favorite band, and I wouldn't have found it without this thread.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Eli Young Band
Small Town Kid (my favorite song)

Oklahoma Girl (One of my favorites)

When It Rains (another favorite)

Always the Love Songs

Get In the Car and Drive (another favorite)

I Call the Tune (skip to :45)

Famous (another favorite)

OK, my inundation of videos should be done... For the most part.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Ypu should have moved in on her while you had the chance, now you have Blake Shelton to fight off.

I like all thosesongs, but honestly, I think Hillbilly Bone is way overplayed. The song isn't THAT good if you ask me. I love Miranda Lambert though.
I do agree that that Hillbilly Bone is played a lot although I like the song. I think the two songs I hear the most on the radio are Hillbilly Bone and The Truth by Jason Aldean.

haha I like Miranda Lambert as well. White Liar is okay but I like Kerosene, Famous in a Small Town, and Gun Powder and Lead more.

I used to also see Eli Young Band at the horse races as well. He actually grew up near the track I go to so he started off singing there.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@CJ, In Color won a lot of awards this past year, cause it's such an amazing song. Jamey Johnson has such a bad ass voice, based on pure talent alone, he's probably at the top of my list right now as a country singer. Listen to 'High Cost of Living'.

@EATW, Randy Rogers is beast. Add, In My Arms Instead, Reason to Stay and I Miss You With Me, to that list of great RR songs.

@Jayce, back the **** off Miranda. She's all mine. More Like Her, and Bring Me Down are my favorite songs by her. Also, her and Blake Shelton's rendition of You're the reason god made Oklahoma is really good as well.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I do agree that that Hillbilly Bone is played a lot although I like the song. I think the two songs I hear the most on the radio are Hillbilly Bone and The Truth by Jason Aldean.

haha I like Miranda Lambert as well. White Liar is okay but I like Kerosene, Famous in a Small Town, and Gun Powder and Lead more.

I used to also see Eli Young Band at the horse races as well. He actually grew up near the track I go to so he started off singing there.
It's cases like this that make me wish I lived in Texas.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
@CJ, In Color won a lot of awards this past year, cause it's such an amazing song. Jamey Johnson has such a bad ass voice, based on pure talent alone, he's probably at the top of my list right now as a country singer. Listen to 'High Cost of Living'.

@EATW, Randy Rogers is beast. Add, In My Arms Instead, Reason to Stay and I Miss You With Me, to that list of great RR songs.

@Jayce, back the **** off Miranda. She's all mine. More Like Her, and Bring Me Down are my favorite songs by her. Also, her and Blake Shelton's rendition of You're the reason god made Oklahoma is really good as well.
First off I'd like to say our taste in music is just about the same with the songs you put up in this post.

"In Color" won an insane amount of awards last year as it should. It seemed every award it didn't win, "Chicken Fried" took. "High Cost of Living" is my favorite song on his album besides "In Color", and off of that album, that is a tough one to pick, because I like most of the songs on that album a whole lot. "That Lonesome Song" is very good too, and I was surprised it wasn't on the radio. "Women" is a personal favorite of mine, but I klnew there was no way that'd ever make it to radio, lol. "Mowin' Down the Roses" and "Mary Go Round" were also favorites of mine. His song "Flying Silver Eagle", from his first album is a great song as well.

Randy Rogers Band is my favorite, and the only band that comes close is the Eli Young Band. The three you mentioned are also ones I could've put up, but like I said, I could go on forever with them, and figured it'd be in everyone's best interest if I cut myself off, lol. I think I remember saying the Eli Young band reminded me of Rascal Flatts earlier in this thread, well that is just a load of crap, and its something I said after only hearing "When it Rains" and "Always the Love Songs". After hearing pretty much every song they've ever recorded, they are not anywhere near the type of group that Rascal Flatts is.

I think your going to have to fight off me for Miranda too, as well as most of the men in the state of Texas, lol. "Bring Me Down" is one of my favorite songs by her. Everyone loves "Gunpowder and Lead", but the songs "Dry Town", "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend", "Desperation", Guilty in Here", "Getting Ready", "I Wanna Die", "Me & Your Cigarettes", "Maintain the Pain", "Somewhere Trouble Don't Go", and "That's the Way That the World Goes Round" are all great songs. Any song where I can picture her kicking ass gets an instant boost, lol.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
It's cases like this that make me wish I lived in Texas.
I looked at Miranda Lambert's tour schedule and I was surprised to see that she is coming back to the horse race track late next month where she used to perform a lot before she really hit it big.

The track's main three gigs used to be Miranda, Eli Young Band, and Cross Canadian Ragweed. Houston also has the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo where every night for 3 weeks or so they have a big concert. This year they have Alan Jackson, Dierks Bently, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, Darius Rucker, Rascall Flatts, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, Gary Allan, The Eli Young Band, Brooks and Dunn, and then they throw in some different acts as well to please everyone. One thing that sucks though is that they wheel the stage out into the dirt of the rodeo event and everyone else is a good 50 yards away. Plus Reliant Stadium is so big that the sound isnt that great there.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 03-11-2010 at 02:27 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I looked at Miranda Lambert's tour schedule and I was surprised to see that she is coming back to the horse race track late next month where she used to perform a lot before she really hit it big.

The track's main three gigs used to be Miranda, Eli Young Band, and Cross Canadian Ragweed. Houston also has the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo where every night for 3 weeks or so they have a big concert. This year they have Alan Jackson, Dierks Bently, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, Darius Rucker, Rascall Flatts, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, Gary Allan, The Eli Young Band, Brooks and Dunn, and then they throw in some different acts as well to please everyone. One thing that sucks though is that they wheel the stage out into the dirt of the rodeo event and everyone else is a good 50 yards away. Plus Reliant Stadium is so big that the sound isnt that great there.
Dude, **** you, I am so jealous. Miranda Lambert, Eli Young Band, and Cross Canadian Ragweed? Miranda is a great artist who I like, but Eli Young Band and Cross Canadian Ragweed are both in my top 3 favorite bands (with Randy Rogers Band).

I could care less about seating, honestly, as long as I could hear them and get a picture of what they're doing on stage. Texas is calling me, more and more each day.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Dude, **** you, I am so jealous. Miranda Lambert, Eli Young Band, and Cross Canadian Ragweed? Miranda is a great artist who I like, but Eli Young Band and Cross Canadian Ragweed are both in my top 3 favorite bands (with Randy Rogers Band).

I could care less about seating, honestly, as long as I could hear them and get a picture of what they're doing on stage. Texas is calling me, more and more each day.
haha Yep, those three were usually the events the horse race track would occasionally put on. If you show up for the races then you only have to pay like $4 admission and then after all 10 races then you pretty much get a free concert.

The concerts are okay in my opinion. They have a revolving stage so the whole stadium gets to see the performer for a little bit. I would prefer going to see them at a basketball stadium but then you dont get a rodeo and a concert for the price of 1.

My university throws a free concert for homecoming every year with our bonfire and so far we have had Randy Houser, Emerson Drive, and Eric Church.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about a little Rebel Meets Rebel? David Allen Coe + Pantera = stained pants.

Them cocaine cowboys just don't feel right unless theyre high.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
haha Yep, those three were usually the events the horse race track would occasionally put on. If you show up for the races then you only have to pay like $4 admission and then after all 10 races then you pretty much get a free concert.

The concerts are okay in my opinion. They have a revolving stage so the whole stadium gets to see the performer for a little bit. I would prefer going to see them at a basketball stadium but then you dont get a rodeo and a concert for the price of 1.

My university throws a free concert for homecoming every year with our bonfire and so far we have had Randy Houser, Emerson Drive, and Eric Church.
Sooooo... I've decided at some point in my life I will move to Texas...

Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know didley of the new country Music, either. But I can drink a mean beer, snd listen to some old school Freddy Fender!
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Another artis I've found that I like is Reckless Kelly. I found them through Pandora Radio. Lots of great songs by them. I'll get some up when I have more time, but they are really good.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

check out Jeremy Parsons, but you have to be a real country music fan to like him.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Will do, I've been looking around for a lot of country lately, and the name sounds familiar to me for some reason. I'll definitely give him a listen.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good music. Great artists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3A7G81HdEg

Last edited by georgiafan : 03-23-2010 at 11:22 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote