Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, I've never even heard of them...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i <3 country music. And no thats not a stereo-type since i live in SD. :D

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
To be honest, I've never even heard of them...

Very very good. Among my favourites but folk and cow punk is my genre.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Went to see Eric Church in concert last night, what a show!

He was opened by a woman about my age, maybe a little older (mid 20s), Ashley Rae. Really really good. I think we may be seeing and/or hearing from her in the future. Great singer and her songwriting is very good as well. The one song was called something like " Hurricanes": Asking why she always falls in love with guys that act like Hurricanes. Her voice is kind of like Miranda Lambert, just a little deeper and with a little more pissed off sound at times. Another thing helping her cause is she is really good looking as well. Kind of like a mix of Gretchen Wilson and Martina McBride. Seemed really laid back and really enjoys performing...

The other group that opened was called Jonathan Singleton and the Grove. Its a group of 6 guys and they really rocked it out. They also sounded real good and I think we could hear them on the radio soon. Our crowd was really wound up and they just fed off of the energy. They said they have a single coming out today that if anyone calls up their radio to request it, it can be done. I'm going to search myspace soon and check it out so I can do that. I can't remember the name of the song, but I remember it was really good.

Eric Church and his band came out and just tore the place apart. Sang a couple of his older songs (These Boots, Two Pink Lines, Sinners Like Me, What I Almost Was, Pledge Allegiance to the Hag) And has some new stuff that he sang as well. Said they have a new Album coming out soon, which I plan on getting, a new video coming out this week as well, so keep your eyes open for it. Really a great showman as well I'm surprised he didn't collapse the stage with how much he was flying around up there. It was the first concert I ever went to and all I can say is that it was amazing. Another song he sang was "Young and Wild" or something like that, he also sang us the title song from the new album, "Caroline". Me and my buddy had a blast, and so did everyone there. When "These Boots" was one there were at least 20 pairs of boots in the air the whole time. Whenever "hat" or "beer" was mentioned, you can guess what was help up. 15 bucks to stand 209 feet away from the performers for a 3 hour show was a steal, and if any other artists I know come to this place again, I know I'll come back...
Eric Church was our free concert performer for homecoming last year. This year was Pat Greene.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Eric Church was our free concert performer for homecoming last year. This year was Pat Greene.
Damn, wish I went to your HS. Ours doesn't do **** like that, if they did, it'd prolly be some pop **** though...

Old 04-01-2009, 07:41 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to a Jamey Johnson concert last week and it was amazing. He sung for close to 2 hours. Even after he sung every song on his new CD. He said he was going to stay and play till he got tired and started covering some of the classics. It was very cool
Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I went to a Jamey Johnson concert last week and it was amazing. He sung for close to 2 hours. Even after he sung every song on his new CD. He said he was going to stay and play till he got tired and started covering some of the classics. It was very cool
Damn, that must have been a great experience. Such a great songwriter. I'd love to go to one of his concerts. His new album is great and some of his older songs are awesome as well. "Flying Silver Eagle" always puts a smile on my face. His new album has a buttload of just plain awesome songs. His voice is really good as well. One of my favorite artists...

Old 04-01-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn, that must have been a great experience. Such a great songwriter. I'd love to go to one of his concerts. His new album is great and some of his older songs are awesome as well. "Flying Silver Eagle" always puts a smile on my face. His new album has a buttload of just plain awesome songs. His voice is really good as well. One of my favorite artists...
If your a fan of old school/traditonal country then you have to go check him out. The great thing was that he didn't spend time pumping his new single or upcoming CMT crossroads. He also didn't jump around the stage or spend time talking. He just stood still in the middle of the stage and sang one song after the next. As I said earlier he said this "They said I could play as long as I wanted to and thats what i'm going do. I'm going to play until I get tired and if yall don't like that then you can leave."

The coolest cover song he did was "Who's gonna fill there shoe's". When he sang "are the good times really over" he replaced it with Clinton lying to everyone on TV.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I'd recommend the Randy Rogers Band. I'm not sure how well known they are or if they're played outside Texas or the southwest but the couple of songs I've heard I've really liked. The most popular I guess are kiss me in the dark and one more goodbye.
MAJOR credit for this. Great, great recommendation, I bought their album about a week ago, and liked it so much I now have every song they've recorded, that I can find anyway. One of my favorite "new" groups. They've been around for a while, but haven't hit it big yet. I think we'll be hearing from them in the future, I really like almost every song I've heard, especially the ones you mentioned.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I got The Eli Young Band's CD, adn there are a bunch of songs that are really great, I think they should steadily gain popularity in the coming months and years. They kind of remind me a little bit of Rascal Flatts in terms of their look and sound.

I've heard things aobut Cross Canadien Ragweed on htis thread before I think. They're supposed to be coming to my area soon and was owndering if anybody knew more about them.

I'm gonna go check out an Eric Church show with a few of my buddies in March, I love his music and I know the show is gonna be great, and only 15 bucks for great tickets at a nice small place...
Reading through the thread, thats a prediction I think I've nailed so far...

Old 05-29-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?
I'm gonna check into them, I've seen a little bit of them, so i'm gonna check it out.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Just saw Brantly Gilbert, Luke Bryan, and Jamey Johnson this weekend. Brantly wasn't good the music was to loud and you couldn't understand what he was saying and I knew the songs. He is a local so i doubt anyone has heard of him. His songs are good when you listen to them online just not live. Luke was good, but I wished he would have song more songs of his 1st CD. Jamey was amazing as always.

Willie Nelson and Jake Owen friday i'm going to try and go.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sooo craven country jamboree is coming up, whose all going?

.. i am :D

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Whitley is great.

That is all.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Just got Cross Canadian Ragweed recently, and they have two the the best songs ever. "Nymphomaniac" is one of those funny but so true songs. (Just off of the name you know its great) "Boys From Oklahoma" is amazing as well, two good songs that always get me in a good mood. Cross Canadian Ragweed is amazing, lots of great songs that I really like.

Darrell Worley is playing a free concert in a small Park near where I live on Saturday, so I'm going to go out and check that out.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Keith Whitley is great.

That is all.
That name sounds familiar to me, what does he sing?

Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EATW, Eric Church will be at Hershey Park June 21st. I might try to go.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That name sounds familiar to me, what does he sing?
Country.

Lol, jk jk, he used to do bluegrass, then he started writing some bad ass songs for Country.. Then he drank himself to death. Great music he made. This is my favorite song of his.. this style is the type of country music i can never get enough of.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm not sure if I've said it in this thread yet, but Gary Allan is a great, great country singer. I swear at least 10 of his songs are in my top tier of favorites. For whatever reason, his style, lyrics, and voice just work every time for me. His Greatest Hits album is one of the best albums I have, all 16 songs are incredible, and his two most recent Albums, every song on them I like. The only exception is "Watching Airplanes", I was never really into that song, but it was the most popular of his recently.

Also, Wide Open by Jason Aldean is a great album. Everyone knows "She's Country", and it is one of my favorites on the radio right now, even still, but there are great songs such as "Wide Open" This I Gotta See", "Fast", "Crazy Town", "On My Highway", "Big Green Tractor", "The Truth", pretty much the whole thing, lol.

Also, the Eli Young Band's earlier Albums are very good as well, tons of great songs on them. I'd list them, but it'd take forever.

I also got some of the Lost Trailers earlier songs, they have a heavier rock influence, but it works well and I really like some of the songs.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
EATW, Eric Church will be at Hershey Park June 21st. I might try to go.
I just saw that when I was looking into Worley's concert in Alburtis. (Its at Lock Ridge Park, if you're familiar with it. I have no idea why it is there, seems really wierd, lol)

Any time Eric Church is remotely within driving distance, my friend and I will do everything possible to be there. His concert at Croc Rock was just amazing, he is easily one of my favorite artists, and he hasn't been around long at all.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Country.

Lol, jk jk, he used to do bluegrass, then he started writing some bad ass songs for Country.. Then he drank himself to death. Great music he made. This is my favorite song of his.. this style is the type of country music i can never get enough of.

I knew he was an older guy, didn't realize he had died though. I was just too lazy to google it. (What has life become when you are too lazy to google...?)

Old 06-08-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I knew he was an older guy, didn't realize he had died though. I was just too lazy to google it. (What has life become when you are too lazy to google...?)
Yep, died really young too. That old type of country is my favorite, not that big of a fan of the new age stuff.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Two singles jsut hitting the radio around me that I really like are
"I Want My Life Back" from Bucky Covington and
"Barefoot and Crazy" from Jack Ingram.

I laos got Jack Ingram's Album recently, This is It and that is a great, great album, I like his music a lot as well.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

One song getting a lot of plays on CMT "Don't Wake Me" by Love and Theft...

What is up with it? It doesn't really seem country sounding at all. I like it because of the lyrics, but there really isn't anything country about it. What are people's opinions of it?

Old 06-10-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?
I listened to a couple of their songs, but am not real big into the bluegrass style of country.

I do really like the song "Murder in the city" though.

Do they have any other stuff similar to that, because I really like that song.