Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Falcons release Jimmy Williams

Per Rotoworld:

Quote:
Falcons released S Jimmy Williams.

Another brutal pick by former GM Rich McKay falls by the wayside. The 2006 second-round round pick was once thought to have top-10 talent, but he's proven too slow to play cornerback and not tough enough to play safety. He should still get a second chance elsewhere.
That's pretty crazy. I thought he was going to be a good one...
Old 06-17-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

I knew he would bust out, never thought he would be a good player.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

I think it's more of an attitude problem than a physical one.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's still in shape and stuff, I wouldn't mind the Colts taking a flyer on him I guess, he'd be a decent fit I think.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
If he's still in shape and stuff, I wouldn't mind the Colts taking a flyer on him I guess, he'd be a decent fit I think.
As a corner or safety?
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ALOT of teams should draw some interest, I don't see why he would clear waivers...I wish we would give him a look at safety for competition at the least, we could use another body and I always loved his athleticism and measurables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think he'll have a new home by the end of the week. 2nd round picks even when busted tend to have enough talent to get a quick 2nd chance
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How was that a brutal pick? Everyone thought Falcon got a steal when they picked him. Wasn't he in the Top-15 in some mock?
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
How was that a brutal pick? Everyone thought Falcon got a steal when they picked him. Wasn't he in the Top-15 in some mock?
It's a brutal pick in the sense that he got cut after only two years
Old 06-17-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A..._Williams.aspx

boy, he only got 2 years of a chance...

Cover 2 teams should jump on him as a CB and any defense could take a good long look at him as a S.

Won't be on the market long I don't think...
Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
I knew he would bust out, never thought he would be a good player.
In hindsight, we are all draft experts.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind having him at CB for GB. He is similar player to Flowers, but taller and possibly faster. But I would like it if he went down to 205 instead at 212.

I don't think this is a good cut, in 2 years he was moved and wasn't given a shot to stay at a position, but it does make me wonder why would the Falcons cut him, he is a solid player to have for depth reasons and wasn't costing them much to have him on the roster.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 06-17-2008 at 03:18 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I wouldn't mind having him at CB for GB. He is similar player to Flowers, but taller and possibly faster. But I would like it if he went down to 205 instead at 212.
Faster? The aforementioned article just claimed he was too slow to play CB. Plus one of the main reasons why he fell so far on draft day was poor hip swivel. He's a zone coverage CB or a deep safety. You don't want him guarding anyone man to man
Old 06-17-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was checking up on Falcons board and came across this about Jamaal Anderson...

Quote:
Steve Wyche reported that Jamal may be moving to DT. And it will probably be his long term position. If he does, who'll start at LE? Moorhead, Chauncey, Bierman, Brandon Miller, or do we sign another DE? And who's going to get reduced playing time at DT? Trey Lewis or Babs? Thoughts?
Another bust? ouch.
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The skins still have a huge hole at FS so i would love for us to pick him up.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Another bust? ouch.
I heard about that yesturday I believe. Quite the series of problems Atlanta is facing now....
Old 06-17-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And thus why there are two different grades for a team's draft. Grade 1 is immediately after the draft to see how the team addressed need and value, while Grade 2 is to see if teams were able to cultivate the talent and produce a quality player with respect to Grade 1.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, this is funny. All of you wanting him. I understand the talent he used to have, but it's just not there anymore. I loved the pick coming out, and I thought he'd be a kickass FS.

He wanted to be a corner and couldn't unseat Jason Webster. I blamed that on Jim Mora.

Under Petrino he was going to be moved back to saftey. He couldn't take over for Chris Crocker.

Now I realize this is because he is lazy, and just not that good.

The fact is he is a bust with mental problems. He missed voluntary camps and then showed up weighing 240 pounds.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Haha, this is funny. All of you wanting him. I understand the talent he used to have, but it's just not there anymore. I loved the pick coming out, and I thought he'd be a kickass FS.

He wanted to be a corner and couldn't unseat Jason Webster. I blamed that on Jim Mora.

Under Petrino he was going to be moved back to saftey. He couldn't take over for Chris Crocker.

The fact is he is a bust with mental problems. He missed voluntary camps and then showed up weighing 240 pounds.
ok....linebacker then! or better yet, bulk him up another 20 pounds and line him up at DE! boo-yah.

I still think some team reels him in before he clears wavers. Lots of teams like to think they can fix guys who "had" the talent...
Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A..._Williams.aspx

boy, he only got 2 years of a chance...

Cover 2 teams should jump on him as a CB and any defense could take a good long look at him as a S.

Won't be on the market long I don't think...
We currently employ a cover 2 system... so I doubt he was fitting in as a corner.

Quote:

Another bust? ouch.
Oh my god, we suck. He's going to get killed leverage wise at 6'6. Can't hurt too much since he played at about 300 pounds last year.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Ugh, I knew someone was going to say that.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he could be a very good corner for a team that runs a tampa-2 scheme

maybe the Colts, Bucs, maybe the bills
Old 06-17-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
i think he could be a very good corner for a team that runs a tampa-2 scheme

maybe the Colts, Bucs, maybe the bills

You think? Do 240 pound corners with poor hips work in those schemes and not our cover 2?
Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You think? Do 240 pound corners with poor hips work in those schemes and not our cover 2?
i didnt bother to read he was 240lbs
thats really not good for him, if he shows up that heavy he must've lost so much speed.
my brother who is a falcons fan used to talk about how much of a steal this pick was

and i just told him about Jimmy Williams getting cut, and JA possibly moving to DT
hes disgusted in the team now

well if hes 240lbs...... i see alot of cashiers who are 240+
Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

240 lbs. Wow thats Mike Williams esque size for a corner.

Atlanta must be impressed with Chevis Jackson enough to make this move though. Should be an interesting secondary to face Detroit Week 1.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote