Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chauncey Davis is the #3 DE so my guess is he would start if Anderson is moved. The 4th DE spot is open with Koy and Brandon Miller to battle for it.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd scratch the Colts off that list: they go six-deep at corner and five-deep at safety (not including any UDFAs this year), and I wouldn't hold my breath for Williams to beat out anyone of them.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Haha, this is funny. All of you wanting him. I understand the talent he used to have, but it's just not there anymore. I loved the pick coming out, and I thought he'd be a kickass FS.

He wanted to be a corner and couldn't unseat Jason Webster. I blamed that on Jim Mora.

Under Petrino he was going to be moved back to saftey. He couldn't take over for Chris Crocker.

Now I realize this is because he is lazy, and just not that good.

The fact is he is a bust with mental problems. He missed voluntary camps and then showed up weighing 240 pounds.

You act like somebody would sign him to be the savior of their franchise, he would come in somewhere and fight for a roster spot, if he gets signed and cut so what? They didn't blow a 2nd rd pick like ATL did...Everyone would give him a look because he has potential and athletic ability, I can think plenty safeties in the NFL right now who are terrible, he can add depth to a team and you hope for the best.

We all understand he was cut for a reason, and that he is no longer on the Falcons so you think he is the worst player ever, but when a guy doesn't command alot of money, he is only 2 years into his NFL career, he will get another chance to make something of himself...No need to act like he has no chance of ever amounting to anything after only 2 years, thats pretty close minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You act like somebody would sign him to be the savior of their franchise, he would come in somewhere and fight for a roster spot, if he gets signed and cut so what? They didn't blow a 2nd rd pick like ATL did...Everyone would give him a look because he has potential and athletic ability, I can think plenty safeties in the NFL right now who are terrible, he can add depth to a team and you hope for the best.

We all understand he was cut for a reason, and that he is no longer on the Falcons so you think he is the worst player ever, but when a guy doesn't command alot of money, he is only 2 years into his NFL career, he will get another chance to make something of himself...No need to act like he has no chance of ever amounting to anything after only 2 years, thats pretty close minded.
Unless the player is Charles Rogers of course
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Unless the player is Charles Rogers of course
Or Mike Williams. Stupid Millen. Actually Rogers was on the team for 3 years. 2 years on IR.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No. I think it's funny people are hoping to sign him as if he will be this big contributor. Newsflash. He couldn't even get on the field with the Falcons. How does that work for anyone else?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. I think it's funny people are hoping to sign him as if he will be this big contributor. Newsflash. He couldn't even get on the field with the Falcons. How does that work for anyone else?
Neither did Brett Favre.

ha jk.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's the same deal that happens in the NFL a lot, taking others cast offs and making them work for you. Not saying Jimmy will be a stud elsewhere, but he might suit different places, schemes etc.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not mind the Chiefs going after him Greg Wesley will be cut any day now and he would fit in with our youth movement.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I would not mind the Chiefs going after him Greg Wesley will be cut any day now and he would fit in with our youth movement.
You have a ton of young DBs in Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Jarrad Page, Bernard Pollard, and I'm forgetting someone else(you all drafted a safety this year right)
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
You have a ton of young DBs in Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Jarrad Page, Bernard Pollard, and I'm forgetting someone else(you all drafted a safety this year right)
Dajuan Morgan from North Carolina State.

Last edited by Splat : 06-17-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta should have had a complete secondary with a good FS Williams and 2 good corners in Houston and Hall and 2 of the three won't be on the roster LOL.

Their LDE won't even be a DE for much longer, instead he'll be a crappy DT.

Life if good for Panthers fans.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-6 300 lbs. Geez, Jamal Anderson should get cut or maybe the Falcons should try running some 3-4 looks.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I hope someone in the falcons scouting department was fired when this happened.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ds-to-waivers/

looks like his ties to Jim Mora and the Rams VP make Seattle and St. Louis possible landing spots.

He' certainly cheap enough too. $445k this season is all it would cost someone
Old 06-17-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
It's the same deal that happens in the NFL a lot, taking others cast offs and making them work for you. Not saying Jimmy will be a stud elsewhere, but he might suit different places, schemes etc.

He didn't fit into Mora's scheme which was more of a zone type of scheme. He didn't fit in with Zimmer's which was more of a man-man type. Now he finally didn't fit into a cover 2 defense. I'm not sure how many more options there are.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man this is disappointing.. I really wanted him to be a Cowboy when he came out.

Is the fact that he's overweight what makes him "slow"? If i remember correctly he ran low 4.4's coming out.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what, your being naive if you believe a guy who has played 2 years, and switched positions each year, has no remote chance to become a solid player in this league...I mean come on, do you mean to tell me if one team cuts you, there is no chance to suceed anywhere else? That doesn't make sense because it happens all the time...Its not like he has had 3-4 years in one position, or hell even system for that matter, he is still learning...Obviously he has other issues like weight and motivation, but do you think he should just sign up for the CFL now, i mean it didn't work for the Falcons so he has 0% chance of being sucessful somewhere else right?

I mean, if Ryan Grant couldn't work out for the Giants who just lost Tiki Barber, why would he suceed in Green Bay? Do you know how many guys I could use that same scenario with? We get he was a bust and sucked for you guys, but its silly to act like nobody should give him a shot, its not like his salary is sky high.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ds-to-waivers/

looks like his ties to Jim Mora and the Rams VP make Seattle and St. Louis possible landing spots.

He' certainly cheap enough too. $445k this season is all it would cost someone

Thats my point, 445K, thats it, for a guy who has played 2 years with boatloads of potential, so what if he doesn't pan out on his 2nd chance, what did you really lose? Funny because if he were on another team and had bust, the Falcons would of wanted to bring him in for a look for the same reasons, but because he was a bust there, anyone else who brings him in is stupid.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Man this is disappointing.. I really wanted him to be a Cowboy when he came out.

Is the fact that he's overweight what makes him "slow"? If i remember correctly he ran low 4.4's coming out.
He ran in the 4.4s at 215. His weight is currently more like 230-240, so I'd guess he is slower.

Quote:
So what, your being naive if you believe a guy who has played 2 years, and switched positions each year, has no remote chance to become a solid player in this league...I mean come on, do you mean to tell me if one team cuts you, there is no chance to suceed anywhere else? That doesn't make sense because it happens all the time...Its not like he has had 3-4 years in one position, or hell even system for that matter, he is still learning...Obviously he has other issues like weight and motivation, but do you think he should just sign up for the CFL now, i mean it didn't work for the Falcons so he has 0% chance of being sucessful somewhere else right?

I mean, if Ryan Grant couldn't work out for the Giants who just lost Tiki Barber, why would he suceed in Green Bay? Do you know how many guys I could use that same scenario with? We get he was a bust and sucked for you guys, but its silly to act like nobody should give him a shot, its not like his salary is sky high.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a shot. I thought it was funny that people are expecting him to suddenly reform back to his college self. You want to know what the difference is between him and other guys who get cut and come back and be successful? Work ethic. Most of them work ridiculously hard with determination and motviation just to get a chance and they take advantage. Jimmy has had work ethic and dedication issues since the draft. I really fail to see how he will instantly change.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He ran in the 4.4s at 215. His weight is currently more like 230-240, so I'd guess he is slower.
Someone's gonna have to explain to me how Jimmy Williams is bigger than Roy "Biscuit" Williams.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

i really wouldnt mind him in baltimore

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Is it me or are there an unusual amount of players who have questionable character from V-tech?

Vick, Hall, Williams, Flowers, Morgan, Ellis that I can think of.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Is it me or are there an unusual amount of players who have questionable character from V-tech?

Vick, Hall, Williams, Flowers, Morgan, Ellis that I can think of.
Marcus or Michael Vick?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Marcus or Michael Vick?
Lol, Does it matter?