Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a shot. I thought it was funny that people are expecting him to suddenly reform back to his college self. You want to know what the difference is between him and other guys who get cut and come back and be successful? Work ethic. Most of them work ridiculously hard with determination and motviation just to get a chance and they take advantage. Jimmy has had work ethic and dedication issues since the draft. I really fail to see how he will instantly change.

Who in this thread has said anything remotely close to him "suddenly reforming to his college self", because I haven't seen anything close...Unless you think "I wouldn't mind if (insert favorite team here) gave him a look, we could use a CB or FS" means people are so excited about him turning into a pro bowler.

Besides that, poor work ethic changes from city to city and it always has, alot of players would have a poor work ethic for the Falcons...Remember people questioning Randy Moss' and Jerry Porters work ethic in Oakland, now all of a sudden thats not a problem for either being in NE and Jax, sometimes a change of scenery is needed, or a coach who is going to crack the whip and get him on the ball...The fact is, you can't just base the assumption off him not panning out in ATL means his career is over, thats all there is to it...And again your being overly harsh on the guys skillset(which isn't surprising for how many ATL fans I see calling Anderson a bust after 1 year, which reminds me alot of how some of the same fans trashed Roddy White after 2 years), some guys need time to develop...How about letting him play safety for a few years before deciding, or even corner, the schemes and positions have changed for him from the get go.

I have the same argument with Carpenter which is why I don't want to let him go, guys get moved around so much they don't get a chance to learn one spot or system properly...Also in case your forgetting his salary is under 500k, so weight issues or not, if somebody signs him and it doesn't pan out what exactly did they lose? No draft picks, no guaranteed money, guys get cut and resigned yearly, just because he busted as a Falcon doesn't mean he won't end up solid somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
6-6 300 lbs. Geez, Jamal Anderson should get cut or maybe the Falcons should try running some 3-4 looks.
40-Yard Dash: 4.90
Positives:
Big and surprisingly athletic for his size, Anderson can dominate opposing tackles with his power and surprising burst off the edge. Anderson is big already, but has the frame to add even further bulk, enough to play end in a 3-4 or take an under-tackle role in a 4-3 defense. But he's probably best suited for end with his style of play.

http://football.about.com/od/nflplay...alanderson.htm

btw, your rep is evil...
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Who in this thread has said anything remotely close to him "suddenly reforming to his college self", because I haven't seen anything close...Unless you think "I wouldn't mind if (insert favorite team here) gave him a look, we could use a CB or FS" means people are so excited about him turning into a pro bowler.

Besides that, poor work ethic changes from city to city and it always has, alot of players would have a poor work ethic for the Falcons...Remember people questioning Randy Moss' and Jerry Porters work ethic in Oakland, now all of a sudden thats not a problem for either being in NE and Jax, sometimes a change of scenery is needed, or a coach who is going to crack the whip and get him on the ball...The fact is, you can't just base the assumption off him not panning out in ATL means his career is over, thats all there is to it...And again your being overly harsh on the guys skillset(which isn't surprising for how many ATL fans I see calling Anderson a bust after 1 year, which reminds me alot of how some of the same fans trashed Roddy White after 2 years), some guys need time to develop...How about letting him play safety for a few years before deciding, or even corner, the schemes and positions have changed for him from the get go.

I have the same argument with Carpenter which is why I don't want to let him go, guys get moved around so much they don't get a chance to learn one spot or system properly...Also in case your forgetting his salary is under 500k, so weight issues or not, if somebody signs him and it doesn't pan out what exactly did they lose? No draft picks, no guaranteed money, guys get cut and resigned yearly, just because he busted as a Falcon doesn't mean he won't end up solid somewhere else.

His work ethic has ALWAYS been questioned. Even before the Falcons became bad. He was coming into a situation with his Vick and his buddy DeAngelo Hall, and he didn't work. I just don't see how he's suddenly going to become a determined hard worker. Is it out of the question completely? No. Just advising here, he's really not much to get excited about. Even on special teams. He got deactivated for 2 games because he didn't try on special teams.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I loved him coming out of VT, he should get picked up soon.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
His work ethic has ALWAYS been questioned. Even before the Falcons became bad. He was coming into a situation with his Vick and his buddy DeAngelo Hall, and he didn't work. I just don't see how he's suddenly going to become a determined hard worker. Is it out of the question completely? No. Just advising here, he's really not much to get excited about. Even on special teams. He got deactivated for 2 games because he didn't try on special teams.
His salary is 500k, I don't think anybody is going to sign him to start or build the defense around him, so whats your gripe? Guys get picked up off the waiver for cheap all the time, whats so different here? You think he shouldn't be signed because he has poor work ethic?

Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
His salary is 500k, I don't think anybody is going to sign him to start or build the defense around him, so whats your gripe? Guys get picked up off the waiver for cheap all the time, whats so different here? You think he shouldn't be signed because he has poor work ethic?

I didn't say he shouldn't be signed. If you think you can work with him and change what no one else has been able to go ahead. I'm just saying, don't expect anything. He's shown absolutely nothing.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I was so excited when we drafted him, but damn his work ethic. He already had an issue when he bought a car before he was even signed, and now him at 230, 240 lbs. Thats disappointing.

Hopefully Jamaal Anderson gets better though. I will give him another year or two.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thanks for the draft picks. :D
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

He might be best suited hiring a personal trainer, getting down to 220 and focus on playing safety.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
He might be best suited hiring a personal trainer, getting down to 220 and focus on playing safety.
Wasn't he playing safety the last 2 years?
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
Wasn't he playing safety the last 2 years?
Yeah, but not good.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
6-6 300 lbs. Geez, Jamal Anderson should get cut or maybe the Falcons should try running some 3-4 looks.
If he gets cut I'd love to see the giants bring him in, so much potential and with our gaggle of DEs they'd force him to earn his reps.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think many teams want a player who really cant start at either position, but he'd probably be a more than decent backup, probably a pretty good NB.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, a Cover 2 team should def. try him at CB.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's messed up physically and mentally, idk if he can ever come back and be good... but im hoping he does. He deserves another shot and he'll get it. He needs to get his head in check.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan, I wouldnt mind seeing them put in a claim for him and if we get him, the worse thing that could happen is that he would just be a waste of time and space. Big deal.

Falcons should have just kept him though. He has a cheap salary and it just doesnt make any sense to release him after just two seasons with several coaching changes. I personally would have kept him until his salary jumps into the millions.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
As a 49ers fan, I wouldnt mind seeing them put in a claim for him and if we get him, the worse thing that could happen is that he would just be a waste of time and space. Big deal.

Falcons should have just kept him though. He has a cheap salary and it just doesnt make any sense to release him after just two seasons with several coaching changes. I personally would have kept him until his salary jumps into the millions.
But the last thing you want is to rebuild your team with guys who have poor work ethic (and apparently, I've heard he's got poor work ethic, just read the above posts).

As a Cowboys fan, I can't say I'm interested cuz I feel our defensive backfield is a little crowded at the moment.

But for some other teams, Jimmy Williams is not a bad look. The guy obviously still has talent and still has potential. If a team can work through his problems, he can still develop into a decent starter or a pretty good nickelback. His potential, combined with his cheap salary, means he'll get picked up somewhere. It's a bad time to get signed once you get cut, but I like him going to a place who needs depth or someone rotating corners trying to find that one guy who can step up.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Faster? The aforementioned article just claimed he was too slow to play CB. Plus one of the main reasons why he fell so far on draft day was poor hip swivel. He's a zone coverage CB or a deep safety. You don't want him guarding anyone man to man
exactly, Cover-2/zone dominated schemes might find a great pickup in this kid.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

The Falcons want no part with anymore VT players thats for sure.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was somewhat PO'd with us taking Johnathan Joseph over him. I liked Joseph a lot but Williams had that top 10 tag on him. I'm an idiot.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:18 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

Hell no we dont want him. I thought the guy was problem coming out and he hasnt proved me wrong yet. Favorite part is a 2006 interview he did with Sporting News Draft mag:
SN: point at which your be upset your still on the board?
JW: I'll be upset if I get past the top 5 (haha sorry dude try #37)
SN: biggest misconception about you ?
JW: probably my attitude (sorry again but 31 teams passed on you and 1 team cut you for a reason).

Dont need a guy like that thank you

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Last edited by ninerfan : 06-18-2008 at 04:37 AM.
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks have no depth at the FS and as a Hawks fan would love to give him a chance for such a low cost. Mora is our DB coach and future head coach and will see if he gives Jimmy a call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imo the work ethic question raised above is a pretty valid one. Lets face it the Falcons acted like punks with mora at the helm it seems they spent a lot of time when he was the HC in brawls with the panthers, titans, eagles and at st louis and thats just to name a few times when mora couldn't control his players.

Under petrino it was just as bad remember the carolina game when hall basically handed carolina 75 yards with stupid penalties and arguing with the ref?

IMO they all point to poor management and leadership. is it really that hard to envision that if he can't stop players from acting like thugs he couldn't stop them from ignoring schedules etc?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Life if good for Panthers fans.
Not for long...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Imo the work ethic question raised above is a pretty valid one. Lets face it the Falcons acted like punks with mora at the helm it seems they spent a lot of time when he was the HC in brawls with the panthers, titans, eagles and at st louis and thats just to name a few times when mora couldn't control his players.

Under petrino it was just as bad remember the carolina game when hall basically handed carolina 75 yards with stupid penalties and arguing with the ref?

IMO they all point to poor management and leadership. is it really that hard to envision that if he can't stop players from acting like thugs he couldn't stop them from ignoring schedules etc?

Care to explain how being a thug relates to work ethic? Lazy would probably be a better word, I hate when people throw the word thug around as if it implies to so many different scenarios...Last I checked JW hasn't been arrested or suspended, and the penalties you are talking about are attributed to Hall not Williams...Thug and being lazy don't mean the same thing to me.

Quote: