Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 32 players who must produce early in 2008

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rly/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Does McNabb look obese to anybody else in this picture?

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a somewhat dumb article by SI. Let's just name every team with an average QB or teams with controversial players.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post

he looks like paul bunyan

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

When you want to bulk up really quickly proteins and supplements force you to retain water, it gives you a gut. Other than that he looks like the battle tank he always was.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
That is a somewhat dumb article by SI. Let's just name every team with an average QB or teams with controversial players.
Basically, although i never really noticed the NFC really doesnt have a great QB
Old 06-17-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this a week or so ago... a lot of the names are like, "no sh*t sherlock" worthy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Basically, although i never really noticed the NFC really doesnt have a great QB
yea, let's just forget the Super Bowl MVP...

and really? Shockey needs to step up? wouldn't it be Boss if Shockey is traded or holds out? or new OLB Gerris Wilkinson? no,no. Shockey makes more sense :rolls eyes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what they wrote about the bears is so short and pointless.....

why would the Bears prefer Rex? If either one of them looks good and wins the job, they should be ecstatic!

I would say Forte or Chris Williams might have been wiser choices for the Bears in this
Old 06-17-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Drew Brees. He's a frickin man among boys in the NFC. It's too bad he isn't still in SD.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasselbeck is no pushover and Bulger is damn good when healthy. plus theres Romo and Eli though I'm not sure exactly what to make of them each yet.....
Old 06-17-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a great article....SI has been kinda crap lately I think, anyone else agree?
Old 06-17-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
not a great article....SI has been kinda crap lately I think, anyone else agree?
I canceled my accidental subscription to SI and will now invest my money in either Newsweek or Entertainment Weekly. Most likely the former.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'd agree to this being a not-so-good article....dunno about SI as a whole but this one was lousy to me.

Didn't seem very well thought out.....I could have wrote something a little better than this imo
Old 06-17-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I really disagree with the Boller pick for the Ravens, even though the article's writer said it was too obvious. Troy Smith is the frontrunner for the starting job as of now, so there's not much for Kyle to prove.

Terrell Suggs would have to be my choice. He's got to prove that last year's 5 sack season was a fluke and that he can get back to being an elite pass rusher and 3-4 backer. He's also got to prove to the Ravens and possibly other teams out there that he's worthy of the big long term deal he wants.

Other guys that really have something to prove:

LB Bart Scott: Needs to prove that he's worthy of a contract extension, that last year was an off year, and his pro bowl 2006 year wasn't a fluke.

WR Mark Clayton Has to prove that he can get back to his 2006 form and that he can be a starting caliber receiver.

CB Samari Rolle: Needs to prove he can stay healthy and can hold off Fabian Washington.

Boller is a terrible pick for the Ravens.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

thats the way I feel about the Bears there dcarey.

I think he just threw out QBs wherever it was possible to or something....
Old 06-17-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and there may be a guy in Mississippi who they have on speed dial should they need reinforcements from the cavalry.
Jesus ******* Christ. When will they shut up about this. Favre's not coming back. Stop talking about it every day on ESPN, in every football magazine, online sites, local news. It's not happening!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Jesus ******* Christ. When will they shut up about this. Favre's not coming back. Stop talking about it every day on ESPN, in every football magazine, online sites, local news. It's not happening!
i didn't know that "tapdancing" got bleeped out here......lol.

yeah, this whole article just went QB crazy. they might as well have just talked about every teams QB situation instead of whatever this was supposed to be....
Old 06-17-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To top the list of stupid playes on the list we must name the certain backup qb for the Pats, is that really the most interesting fight to follow, who should replace Brady when he is injured (something he never is because he doesn't scramble)
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:

Getting there..

Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear I haven't clicked the link yet, but I'm 99% sure they picked Roy Williams, I knew he was picked as soon as I saw the thread and it didn't even matter who wrote the article, they always pick obvious choices that don't take much thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I swear I haven't clicked the link yet, but I'm 99% sure they picked Roy Williams, I knew he was picked as soon as I saw the thread and it didn't even matter who wrote the article, they always pick obvious choices that don't take much thought.
3. Roy Williams, S, Dallas Cowboys: The object of a lot of frustration among Cowboys supporters, Williams must find a way to make an impact early or he will find himself back on the bench in passing situations, and ultimately, off the roster altogether.

LAWLZ
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drew Brees is pretty damn good, but the one guy who gets looked over a lot is Donovan McNabb. The injuries have made him get looked over the past few years and somewhat tarnished his career. However when Donovan McNabb is healthy he is a excellent QB.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^Wow, I though I was the only one who has thought the same thing^^^Honestly though, when Donovan is 100%, he is at the top of the league. He fits in anwhere from the third best QB to fifth best when he is 100%. Injuries have tarnished his career. I'm hoping he can polish it back up with his play ove rthe next few years.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Too much Campbells chunky soup if you ask me.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote