Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, at least they didn't choose Vince Young. I would have chosen Haynesworth for the Titans myself as clearly D carried the Titans in 07 and easily again the DL carried the D, and when he was out, it all went to shambles. White has to perform too though, although his inability to get to the 4.0 YPC mark had nothing to do with drafting Chris Johnnson.

Edit: Oh right, I guess the article is more from a personal future POV rather than a team impact POV? In that case, White indeed probably has to perform early the most for the Titans, or the load may start to shift and he may start to lose favor.

Last edited by OzTitan : 06-18-2008 at 10:19 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are way too many Trojans on this list. :(
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
When you want to bulk up really quickly proteins and supplements force you to retain water, it gives you a gut. Other than that he looks like the battle tank he always was.
Donovan McNabb is just incredibly JJJACKED.

People are acting like McNabb had a bad season, he just had a rocky start but had a very good season. He had a 89.9 QB rating and a lot of the sacks weren't his fault or the O-Line's, McNabb had nobody to throw to! I have always been a huge supporter of McNabb and will be sad to see McNabb leave when the organization feels Kolb is ready to take over, but I can't argue it. Dude is getting older and has a history of injuries. It's part of the business.

Last edited by Eagles own the NFC East : 06-18-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Eagles own the NFC East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea, let's just forget the Super Bowl MVP...
Justin Tuck isn't a "great QB." Neither is Eli Manning. Not close.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
Justin Tuck isn't a "great QB." Neither is Eli Manning. Not close.
Let's see if Eli can play this season like he did the playoffs, if he can he falls into the top 5 QBs in the NFL, thus making him a great QB.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Jesus ******* Christ. When will they shut up about this. Favre's not coming back. Stop talking about it every day on ESPN, in every football magazine, online sites, local news. It's not happening!
I was just about to say that when I read your post. When are the media gonna accept Favre retired? I guess it's just because he said he can still play, I dunno.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
buckeyes4ever
Rookie

buckeyes4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea, let's just forget the Super Bowl MVP...

and really? Shockey needs to step up? wouldn't it be Boss if Shockey is traded or holds out? or new OLB Gerris Wilkinson? no,no. Shockey makes more sense :rolls eyes:
Yes he is the one who needs to step up. If he doesnt then the job is Boss's for the taking. Especially after the rumors of a trade before the draft it is obviouse that the Giants see him as expendable as this is the first time that they have a viable replacement that they trust. Boss has proven he can catch, he has proven he can handle himself in high profile games i.e. the Super Bowl, and he looks like a tank so im pretty sure he can block. Oh, and if you dont believe that guys who play for injured players end up with the starting position you should have a convorsation with Wally Pip. Lou Gehrig replaced Wally Pip on June 2nd 1925 due to an injury and we all know the rest of the story.

Jim Tressel: "a gentlmens code only applies to gentlmen"

"they give him the lane and.... OOOOOOOOOO. LEBRON JAMES WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!"
buckeyes4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Does McNabb look obese to anybody else in this picture?

No, no, no, I've got it!

-With a career dead at Quarter-back, McNabb has decided to add 50 pounds and switch positions. "I thought, Hey, I would probably do pretty well if I added some pounds and rotated in as a situational pass rusher. After all, I know exactly what the other team's QB is thinking.", McNabb was quoted as saying.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quick, someone give Donovoan a bunch of gold chains and a mohawk. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Quick, someone give Donovoan a bunch of gold chains and a mohawk. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Drew Brees. He's a frickin man among boys in the NFC. It's too bad he isn't still in SD.
QFT. Time for some guys to step up. If N.O. has solved any defensive woes, they could have a great year with him at the helm.

Romo is solid and Manning Jr Jr was great in the playoffs, but Brees just has great command of the game.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't know every teams situations but I disagree with Reggie Bush. I think the majority of the league has decided what he is and the minority is hoping in vain there's something more. So he doesn't really need to produce. Same with Rex. He's a known quantity. If he plays lights out (I know, who am I kidding?) he might earn a new contract, but there no pressure on him to produce. I don't think the pressure will really be on Rodgers unless he screws up this season. He has to take his knocks just like everyone else and show just enough to merit one more year. Tatum Bell? Who really expects that much from him? It's only Edwards second year, another bad pick. The whole AFC South doesn't make any sense to me. There's probably a few more but most have either already been called out or I'm too lazy to add them.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots dickriding in this article is pathetic. The Pats need Ellis Hobbs to somehow not be a terrible NFL corner next year, and their secondary as a whole is a mess. Backup QB is certainly not the most of their worries.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Obese? Naw. I'd say he just looks a little bit...

Forget a 6-pack! He's got a twelve pack! (also known as jelly rolls)

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
I don't know every teams situations but I disagree with Reggie Bush. I think the majority of the league has decided what he is and the minority is hoping in vain there's something more. So he doesn't really need to produce. Same with Rex. He's a known quantity. If he plays lights out (I know, who am I kidding?) he might earn a new contract, but there no pressure on him to produce. I don't think the pressure will really be on Rodgers unless he screws up this season. He has to take his knocks just like everyone else and show just enough to merit one more year. Tatum Bell? Who really expects that much from him? It's only Edwards second year, another bad pick. The whole AFC South doesn't make any sense to me. There's probably a few more but most have either already been called out or I'm too lazy to add them.
I think the idea with Reggie and Rex is that they need to step up in order to prevent their being relegated to backup status for the remainder of their life. Rex is going to be in danger of losing his starting job from the get go, and Reggie is going to be taking a MASSIVE pay cut if he doesn't step up.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jesus i hope we can get the Rex how he played in 2006. I mean if he gets enough protection he might just get good Rex again

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote