Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
If you left your door unlocked and someone walked into your house and stole something worth 200 dollars and then walked out, you would only consider it a "dick" move? That mo fo stole something!!!! Something you worked your butt off to pay for. He knows you worked your butt off to pay for it and still walks in and takes it! That is "serious criminal activity"!
That's not serious, I've had that happen to me and it really sucks and pisses me off but it's not serious criminal activity.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Or it means I saw an open dorm with cool ish on the inside and was dick enough to take ish from someone who i didn't know's room. Plus I'm waiting to see why his parole was violated.
but thats still stealing! if i lived in the dorm room id be pissed as hell and would be reporting it and whatnot. 95% of college students aren't going to do that, myself included. Now theres a much higher percentage of ones who will do "dick moves" like eat their roommates food, be loud when their roommate is trying to sleep, make a mess in the bathroom and not care, etc etc etc.

those are all "dick moves" which aren't exactly anything criminal unless you really really want to stretch the food eating one.

just straight up walking into a dorm room and taking something thats not yours doesn't fall under that same category, im sorry.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or it means I saw an open dorm with cool ish on the inside and was dick enough to take ish from someone who i didn't know's room. Plus I'm waiting to see why his parole was violated.
dude man, thats like saying "well I was walking down this rich neighborhood, checking all the doors to see if they were locked. I found one that wasnt, so I looked in and saw they had cool stuff. Since they had cool stuff, I figured I should take their TV. It was only a dick move because the door was unlocked and they had cool stuff. Since I don't know the people, its all good and isnt a major crime."
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
but thats still stealing! if i lived in the dorm room id be pissed as hell and would be reporting it and whatnot. 95% of college students aren't going to do that, myself included. Now theres a much higher percentage of ones who will do "dick moves" like eat their roommates food, be loud when their roommate is trying to sleep, make a mess in the bathroom and not care, etc etc etc.

those are all "dick moves" which aren't exactly anything criminal unless you really really want to stretch the food eating one.

just straight up walking into a dorm room and taking something thats not yours doesn't fall under that same category, im sorry.
I wish I went to your school. There are a lot of dicks here who'd do that to me. And I've had a lot of ish stolen from me, it sucks and I'm not going to defend theft, but I know a lot of good people who do steal from people they don't know.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
dude man, thats like saying "well I was walking down this rich neighborhood, checking all the doors to see if they were locked. I found one that wasnt, so I looked in and saw they had cool stuff. Since they had cool stuff, I figured I should take their TV. It was only a dick move because the door was unlocked and they had cool stuff. Since I don't know the people, its all good and isnt a major crime."
If people are dumb enough not to protect their stuff, they can't expect there stuff not to get jacked, not defending stealing, I've never stolen and had a lot of things stolen from me, but it's a mistake, as long as Ahmad isn't a clepto it's not a big problem, it's mistake. mistakes happen, when the same mistakes occur regularly it becomes a problem.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish I went to your school. There are a lot of dicks here who'd do that to me. And I've had a lot of ish stolen from me, it sucks and I'm not going to defend theft, but I know a lot of good people who do steal from people they don't know.
Then in my opinion, they arent good people. Good People dont steal.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well then you really have to question the 'goodness' of these people you speak of.

i have friends who i know have shoplifted and i always ***** at them to stop. i wouldn't exactly call them the "goodest" people i know as what they are doing is wrong. I chewed them out whenever i found out about because i know its wrong.

but I know id sure as hell rather them swipe some clothes from a big store than just walk into some persons dorm room and take things if i had to pick one. thats just on an even lower level yet.....
Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Then in my opinion, they arent good people. Good People dont steal.
meh, people's judgement is dependant on what they've grown up experiencing, it's an issue that you try to help them past because you can have good people who steal from those they don't know. Most people in this country engage in theft of some kind.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
meh, people's judgement is dependant on what they've grown up experiencing, it's an issue that you try to help them past because you can have good people who steal from those they don't know. Most people in this country engage in theft of some kind.
walking into someone elses personal space and taking an object that belongs to them is still wrong-er that downloading music or taking that street sign with a funny name on it in my opinion.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why Giants fans are defending someone who stole someone else's property. He bailed on his probation and now is in jail. His fault, he needs to grow up.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
walking into someone elses personal space and taking an object that belongs to them is still wrong-er that downloading music or taking that street sign with a funny name on it in my opinion.
I disagree, theft is theft. If take something from someone that they don't want you to take it's wrong, but that alone doesn't make someone a bad person. Ahmad's made some mistakes, he's young, he's learning, he's sefving his time right now and I seriously doubt he'll be suspended unless something major comes out of this.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I don't know why Giants fans are defending someone who stole someone else's property. He bailed on his probation and now is in jail. His fault, he needs to grow up.
I'm not defending what he did, I'm defending him.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Update.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...irms_ther.html

Quote:
Bradshaw's lawyer confirms there's no new incident
by Mike Garafolo
Thursday June 19, 2008, 5:12 PM

An incident as a juvenile and a subsequent violation of probation are the reasons Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has been in jail in Virginia for the past four days, according to a statement released by his lawyer, Charlie Stacy, minutes ago.

"Ahmad Bradshaw is currently serving a 30-day jail sentence in Abingdon Regional Jail in Virginia on a probation violation charged out of the Tazewell County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court," the statement reads. "The underlying charge in this matter stems from an offense that occurred while Mr. Bradshaw was a juvenile. Mr. Bradshaw has not been charged with any offense since being drafted by the New York Giants and is eager to put this matter behind him and be in training for the next season."

The Giants' off-season program concluded last Friday, two days before Bradshaw went to prison "voluntarily," according to Stephen Clear, a deputy superintendant for the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail.

In a statement this afternoon, the Giants said Bradshaw's "situation is not the result of any recent incident. It stems from an issue that occurred prior to Ahmad being drafted by the Giants."

Bradshaw received two years probation for his incident at Marshall, which is located in West Virginia. He was convicted of stealing a video-game system from a fellow student, though he claimed he had permission to borrow the game.

The Giants were aware of Bradshaw's prior transgressions and general manager Jerry Reese told the seventh-round pick he would be on a short leash with the team. Reese said Bradshaw then told him, "I won't let you down."

So far, he hasn't.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

well, i think we all knew about the previous violation, but what i'm interested in is what the subsequent violation is.

if its something little like missing a court ordered meeting or something, then nothing will come of it i don't think. but if he commited some other kind of crime, then he might have to worry about a suspension.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I gotta say, that update makes no sense...it still doesnt explain why he went to jail. He Voluntarily went to jail because he stole something in college (got probation for it)??????
Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
I gotta say, that update makes no sense...it still doesnt explain why he went to jail. He Voluntarily went to jail because he stole something in college (got probation for it)??????
I'm guessing that he violated his parole, realized it and turned himself in before a warrant for his arrest was issued, or before he was brought in on that warrant.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was put on probation in college, violated that probation (still in college) and was given a sentence that was suspended until now.

This is what it looks like to me. They probably suspended it so he could work (play in the NFL)
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
He was put on probation in college, violated that probation (still in college) and was given a sentence that was suspended until now.

This is what it looks like to me. They probably suspended it so he could work (play in the NFL)
I guess that makes sense as well although I'd think we'd have heard about that before now.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

interesting....that would be kind of strange i would think to suspend it like 2 years though.

they may have suspended it last year because he was a rookie trying to make the team i guess but still....seems odd
Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
interesting....that would be kind of strange i would think to suspend it like 2 years though.

they may have suspended it last year because he was a rookie trying to make the team i guess but still....seems odd
I would think we would've heard something about that before now if it were true. Although it'd be nice if it were true.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what he really did was waited until after the important stuff to take his sentence, nothing bad happened, he'll be back in a bit.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
what he really did was waited until after the important stuff to take his sentence, nothing bad happened, he'll be back in a bit.
got a link?.........
Old 06-19-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh...probation and parole laws are basically set up to **** you over. They'll put you back in there for anything. Wait till more info comes out.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
This is insane! How can "the violation was an old one" hold up as an excuse? Bradshaw wasn't a free man. He was on parole, which basically means that he SHOULD be in jail right now... And now he IS in jail, because he violated his parole. His violation was probably not a very big one, but fact of the matter is, if you don't respect the rules of your parole, then you deserve to be in the big house.

Bradshaw should get suspended by the league under the "We don't want our players to be associated with being ass holes" policy.
Probation not "parole". There is a huge difference. Probation means "we're watching you. Don't mess up or we'll hit you with a double-whammy." Parole, as you said, means that "you are sentenced to jail, but we're letting you out early."

BTW, it wasn't a playstation, but a playstation game.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Source that it was not a system, but just a game.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...bradshaw_N.htm

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote