Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tommie Harris signs 4 year extension

I definetly think he's good enough to get is own thread. NFL Network just reported that he signed a 4 year extension worth $38- 40 mil.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

good news for the Bears, he is one of the best DT in the league and he is still young. He is an ideal 3 technique DT and I'm sure he could have had a ton of offers in FA. He would have been in High Demand.

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 06-19-2008 at 11:22 PM.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

The most explosive undertackle in the league. mini sapp

which sucks because insider within the bucs say that the Bucs were preparing to offer him something along the lines of 5 years 45 million
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOOO!!! Tommie Harris 4 life!!!!
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the same thing we have in the Bears forum. Banner, like I said A) We offered more money than what "bucs insiders say" and B) He was still under contract with us, we just extened him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
This is the same thing we have in the Bears forum. Banner, like I said A) We offered more money than what "bucs insiders say" and B) He was still under contract with us, we just extened him.
bear, those numbers are probably way off. I thought I was in the neighborhood but I wasn't.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

link

Old 06-19-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good extension. Quite reasonable based on other contracts, like Kelly's. Wouldn't mind if Haynesworth got done for a contract like this.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Good extension. Quite reasonable based on other contracts, like Kelly's. Wouldn't mind if Haynesworth got done for a contract like this.
That was my concern, I thought Kelly would really throw off the curve.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt really matter what the numbers were for me. He deserves any kind of contract the Bears would give him. He is one of the top5 defensive guys I would pick if I were starting a franchise. Hes a ******* stud. Wish we had him rather than Hall. :/

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Didnt really matter what the numbers were for me. He deserves any kind of contract the Bears would give him. He is one of the top5 defensive guys I would pick if I were starting a franchise. Hes a ******* stud. Wish we had him rather than Hall. :/
no doubt. If I was starting a cover 2 he would be #1.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh year, cover 2 corners are easier to find than majority positions IMO. Vasher was a 2nd day pick I believe, Tillman was a 2nd rounder too, and both play exceptionally in the system. Throw in Trumaine McBride who was a later round pick last year for us, who came in and played very well, and it all goes to show that in building the cover 2 you dont have to look far for a CB

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Id take Urlacher until Tommie can play a full year.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Not to argue about something trivial but a quality undertackle makes the enter cover 2 work. Well a tampa 2 at least.
I get what you are saying though.

Are most of his injuries minor?
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Harris is a lot younger though and he's only missed 4 games in his four year career. I'd take Harris.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
Harris is a lot younger though and he's only missed 4 games in his four year career. I'd take Harris.
He missed more than 4 games. He was hurt for our entire SB run.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

When healthy I will take Harris 9/10 times. If you understand the scheme completely then you know.

Unhealthy? Well they both have injury concerns...
Old 06-20-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't say I agree with what you're saying Bruce. The Bears defense without Urlacher would be a lot worse than the Bears defense without Harris.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
When healthy I will take Harris 9/10 times. If you understand the scheme completely then you know.

Unhealthy? Well they both have injury concerns...
Urlacher doesnt really have injury concerns. I like Tommie Harris but Urlacher is a stud.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Can't say I agree with what you're saying Bruce. The Bears defense without Urlacher would be a lot worse than the Bears defense without Harris.
An explosive undertackle forces the interior line to come in and sometimes draw a tackle. Forces the QB to a side of the pocket or outside of the pocket where the rush ends can get them. This overall pass rush allows for the corners to stay within their zone where a throw might be forced to.

The mike backer doesn't really fill a role that large. They have to drop back almost like a 3rd safety but the impact within the scheme isn't as large.

It just so happens that these kind of backers are easier to find than these tackles.

edit: basically, a Sapp is harder to find than a Urlacher

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 06-20-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

I dont know guys, when Briggs was hurt Williams did an adequete job of filing in. I think if we didnt have Urlacher, we would still be pretty well off. Move Briggs to the inside, and have Hunter and Williams on teh outsides (if Briggs would be good in the middle). It wouldnt be as strong, but it wouldnt be weak for sure.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I dont know guys, when Briggs was hurt Williams did an adequete job of filing in. I think if we didnt have Urlacher, we would still be pretty well off. Move Briggs to the inside, and have Hunter and Williams on teh outsides (if Briggs would be good in the middle). It wouldnt be as strong, but it wouldnt be weak for sure.
Precisely.
A dominant and explosive UT will make an entire defense look better. As I said above.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
He missed more than 4 games. He was hurt for our entire SB run.
I'm not sure on total games including the postseason but according to NFL.com he's only missed 4 regular season games in his career.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move by the Bears, cost is very cap friendly and he could of gotten alot more on the market, the smartest thing you could do with a guy like Harris is lock him up before his contract expires...I think he is the most explosive 3 tech in the game, when the guy is healthy I don't think I'd take another tackle out there...Incredible quickness to get into the backfield, and strength to bullrush if need be, you have to double him up every time, its priceless having a guy like him in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only UT or 3-technique that I have seen that was better than Tommie Harris was young Warren Sapp... great signing by the Bears!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote