Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:06 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This signing makes me happy. Now get Urlacher and Hester done :)

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think Haynesworth will want (let me rephrase that, of course he wants more) think Haynesworth will expect to get more from the titans, or any team in FA if it gets that far.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a ton of money, but now a days if u have a young player who is top 5 at his position, fact is he probably will get a record deal. Good move by the bears imo, especially because DT are so unpredictable in the draft.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
You guys think Haynesworth will want (let me rephrase that, of course he wants more) think Haynesworth will expect to get more from the titans, or any team in FA if it gets that far.
yup.....thats the way it works now a days. Remember he is a FA too, they locked up Harris early, thats always cheaper. When FA is involved Nate Clements to the niners happens.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAMMIT!

i wanted the Giants to nab him. you know how unstoppable our dline would be if we threw Tommie Harris in the middle of it? :(

:(
Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move on there part they had to keep him.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart move by the Bears, but fortunately for Green Bay they still don't have an offense to worry about

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Tommie Harris. He was the guy I wanted if Atlanta didn't take DeAngelo Hall. Now I wish we took Tommie.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at least our defense will still be good for years to come.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quit bashing Tommy kelly he didn't even start in his natural position because of sapps Rep.
Tommie Harris: 4 years, 60 games, 139 tackles, 19.5 sacks

Tommy Kelly: 4 years, 49 games, 163 tackles, 13 sacks
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
Quit bashing Tommy kelly he didn't even start in his natural position because of sapps Rep.

What's your point of posting that? Kelly is nowhere near as good as Harris is, stats don't dispute that one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Exactly, he didnt even start in his position and get this amount of money

Old 06-20-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Constant pressure > Occasional sacks
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Exactly, he didnt even start in his position and get this amount of money
Hey if it was up to me Kelly would have been starting by week 3 but sapp was on his retirement tour. I got no problem with the Harris contract, i just wish people would stop bashing Kelly and acting like he hasn't been productive. Sure harris is more explosive off the line, but kelly is stronger both have excellent technique. Harris is slightly younger, they both had injury concerns. Harris was picked 14th, while kelly went undrafted.
I understand Pass rushing is a premium which makes Harris more valuable.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

I'm glad the bears got Harris, i'm sure they have cap room for Urlacher and hester........Make it happen
Old 06-20-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Hey if it was up to me Kelly would have been starting by week 3 but sapp was on his retirement tour. I got no problem with the Harris contract, i just wish people would stop bashing Kelly and acting like he hasn't been productive. Sure harris is more explosive off the line, but kelly is stronger both have excellent technique. Harris is slightly younger, they both had injury concerns. Harris was picked 14th, while kelly went undrafted.
Still, u dont no how he is gonna handle Double teams and all this things he didnt have to face. Sure Sapp lost a lot of steps, he still was an above average DT IMO. and it wasnt only his fault that that defense let people run over them all day

Old 06-20-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
DAMMIT!

i wanted the Giants to nab him. you know how unstoppable our dline would be if we threw Tommie Harris in the middle of it? :(

:(
You jerk, I'm at work and now I've gotta explain to my boss why I creamed my pants.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Still, u dont no how he is gonna handle Double teams and all this things he didnt have to face. Sure Sapp lost a lot of steps, he still was an above average DT IMO. and it wasnt only his fault that that defense let people run over them all day
The double teams should be interesting. Hey, i respect sapp for his overall body of work, but he was the worse Player on the line last year. I know you probably don't follow the Raiders but if you want to see how bad sapp was check out the highlights against the Raiders sapp was completly annihilated on the majority of big run plays.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80344595

While kelly was leading the Dline in tackles until he got injured.
The run defense has been horrible since he was traded to the Raiders. Not blaming him directly, usually he made enough plays to offset his weakness but last year he had no strengths. His pass rush was limited (2sacks) and his Run defense was worse than ever.
I'm glad he retired and respect his career

Last edited by RaiderFan : 06-20-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Kelly doesn't even compare to Harris, end of story.

He doen't even compare to the player Dorsey is going to be either.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Kelly doesn't even compare to Harris, end of story.

He doen't even compare to the player Dorsey is going to be either.
Is Dorsey even going to training camp?
Old 06-20-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Is Dorsey even going to training camp?
Sorry, we're not the Raiders who have players hold out into September. And we actually have the cap room since we don't blow our entire cap on overpaid players like another team I know.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Come on guys, this smack is weak.

Why are we even trying to compare players like Kelly and Dorsey? Truth be told, Kelly probably won't live up to his contract and neither will Dorsey.

One, Kelly hasn't really shown he can dominate this league and that is the kind of contract he got.

Two, Dorsey has to prove he can stay on the field. I don't care if less than $100 of the contract is guaranteed....if you can't play you are worthless.

Also, can we stop trying to compare any of these players to Sapp? He is considered the most dominant interior rusher in history. These players would have to have 10 sacks a year for almost a decade to catch up to him. No chance in my opinion.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Come on guys, this smack is weak.

Why are we even trying to compare players like Kelly and Dorsey? Truth be told, Kelly probably won't live up to his contract and neither will Dorsey.

One, Kelly hasn't really shown he can dominate this league and that is the kind of contract he got.

Two, Dorsey has to prove he can stay on the field. I don't care if less than $100 of the contract is guaranteed....if you can't play you are worthless.

Also, can we stop trying to compare any of these players to Sapp? He is considered the most dominant interior rusher in history. These players would have to have 10 sacks a year for almost a decade to catch up to him. No chance in my opinion.

Dorsey still never missed time despite his injuries so I don't see how staying on the field is an issue for him.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Dorsey still never missed time despite his injuries so I don't see how staying on the field is an issue for him.
When he has to play 16 games against nasty bigger men, he will miss time.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I`ve been doing a bit of travelling, so this is my first look at NFLDC since March. First thread i click on and i see people claiming linebackers are more important to the tampa 2 than UT`s...Interesting.

I`ll be back to normal posting in September when i get home.

have fun kids
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote