Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Cardinals
2. Patriots
3. Lions
4. Colts
5. Giants

That's my order and I'm sticking to it! =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
1. Cardinals
2. Patriots
3. Lions
4. Colts
5. Giants

That's my order and I'm sticking to it! =D
Colts and Giants? Not likely.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
If you're just going be quality of depth like the thread starter clearly is gotta mention the Gmen, Plax, Toomer, Smith, Tyree, and two busts in Moss and Mario, not even mention our non wr receivers, Shockey, Boss and Bradshaw.
How is Manningham a bust when he hasn't played a down yet?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
How is Manningham a bust when he hasn't played a down yet?
Yeah, that's just bad logic.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
He's replaceable. You could find a lot of receivers to play in the same system and put up similar numbers.

No one cared about him when he was in Miami, and now he goes to the team with the best #1 WR, top QB, great pass blocking OL and celebrated O Coord and it's Wes Welker that is now amazing? I would have to think the scenery has something to do with it. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but there are tons of receivers in the NFL just like him that no one talks about because they don't play for the Patriots.
who was the slot receiver on the '98 vikings? with both moss and chris carter
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
who was the slot receiver on the '98 vikings? with both moss and chris carter
I think Jake Reed was the third reciever.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Colts and Giants? Not likely.
Colts-Harrison/Wayne/Gonzales

That's deadly.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
Colts-Harrison
That's deadly.
For people in South Philly.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
For people in South Philly.
Thanks for the help.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Colts-Harrison/Wayne/Gonzales

That's deadly.
Harrison is a shell of his former self. Wayne is a great WR and Gonzales is developing nicely. That doesn't make them a top 5 unit in my opinion.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Harrison is a shell of his former self. Wayne is a great WR and Gonzales is developing nicely. That doesn't make them a top 5 unit in my opinion.
Well when Marvin is healthy he's a top 5 WR.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I agree. I don't understand the reasoning. He has one injury plagued season and now he is a shell?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I would take more than 5 wideouts over Marvin. But then again, I'm partial to receivers who don't avoid contact like the ************* plague,
Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to the Welker topic. There are not any slot guys in the NFL that are better all around football players than him. He is a great threat at his position and he blocks as well as any WR out there he will do whatever he is asked. To think he can be easily replaced is very silly
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
I would take more than 5 wideouts over Marvin. But then again, I'm partial to receivers who don't avoid contact like the ************* plague,
Yeah, all those 123 TD catches are just accidents right?
Old 06-23-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
its hard to find contact in the endzone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, all those 123 TD catches are just accidents right?
How do the 123 TD catches have anything to do with avoiding contact like the plague?
Old 06-23-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
its hard to find contact in the endzone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marvin doesn't find the end zone too often when someone actually plays him physical. See Law, Ty.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the help.
No problem. Philly's hoodness needs to be recognized whenever possible.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I agree. I don't understand the reasoning. He has one injury plagued season and now he is a shell?
I heard that the injury he had isn't one that will heal. It will affect his running, some thought it could have forced him to retire.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I heard that the injury he had isn't one that will heal. It will affect his running, some thought it could have forced him to retire.
Hmm. That would explain that.
I will wait until I hear some TC news before I peg him as done. Though it doesn't sound promising.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do the 123 TD catches have anything to do with avoiding contact like the plague?
Why is that bad? It extends his career, football is a contact sport but we all know the more contact that a player takes the shorter the career. Plus if players are getting hammered they are more prone to get injured and we all know when players on our team they can't help us win. So i have no problem with WRs avoiding contact (as long as they will still run routes across the middle of the field)
Old 06-24-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have a problem with Harrison going out of bounds or getting down for an easier tackle when there are no more YAC to be had. Let's be real, he's not going to break any tackles - that's not his game as a speedy, 180-lb receiver who runs routes near-precisely. So that criticism leaves me lukewarm at best, especially considering Harrison does put in the effort in run-blocking and does an okay job there.

In fact, Harrison was injured because he was run-blocking throughout the whole play. Up until a Broncos linebacker rolled up on the back of his legs.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Why is that bad? It extends his career, football is a contact sport but we all know the more contact that a player takes the shorter the career. Plus if players are getting hammered they are more prone to get injured and we all know when players on our team they can't help us win. So i have no problem with WRs avoiding contact (as long as they will still run routes across the middle of the field)
To each his own, I suppose. It makes me admire receivers who will take a hit for the sake of a few extra yards that much more.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To each his own, I suppose. It makes me admire receivers who will take a hit for the sake of a few extra yards that much more.
I think it's the idea of actually seeing competitive drive. But with Harrison's build, he wouldn't 'take' a hit, he'd just get levelled.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote