Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Harrison looked like his age had caught up with him even before his injury last season. Wayne is clearly the better player already (by a large margin) and I wouldn't be surprised to see Harrison finish the season with 600 yards or less next year.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default douchebag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
So is Nelson so maybe you should take them off your list now.
yeah but no offense the cardnials should not have even mentioned in this thread
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Fantastic we haven't had a Jordyzzzzz lovefest for a while.

But in all seriousness, I don't thing any other team goes as deep as Green Bay at receiver - maybe Detroit. I'd rather have our WRs than any other teams.
AMEN to that brother.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
yeah but no offense the cardnials should not have even mentioned in this thread
Fitz and Boldin are pro bowl material. They are the best duo in the NFL. Add Doucet and Breaston and that's a hell of a WR corps.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

Quote:
Fitz and Boldin are pro bowl material. They are the best duo in the NFL. Add Doucet and Breaston and that's a hell of a WR corps.
ok...but notice the name of thread. the best wr corp. i agree boldin/fitz are one of the best duos, but the cardinals are not a top corp... top 10 corp tho.
it has to be GB.DRIVER JENNINGS JONES NELSON and redzone specialest ruvell martin. im telling you hands down gb has the wr corp
Old 06-28-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
ok...but notice the name of thread. the best wr corp. i agree boldin/fitz are one of the best duos, but the cardinals are not a top corp... top 10 corp tho.
it has to be GB.DRIVER JENNINGS JONES NELSON and redzone specialest ruvell martin. im telling you hands down gb has the wr corp
And i'm telling you that you're wrong. The 4 I named are better and more productive than the 4 you named.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it corps?
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Isn't it corps?
I say tomato you say tomahto
Old 06-28-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id take Boldin and Fitzgerald over Jennings and Driver anyday. The Difference between Jordy and Doucet are not there since they havent played a snap. Jones might be a little bit better than Breaston but not as big as the difference between the starting duos. Ruvell Martin is a joke btw

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Id take Boldin and Fitzgerald over Jennings and Driver anyday. The Difference between Jordy and Doucet are not there since they havent played a snap. Jones might be a little bit better than Breaston but not as big as the difference between the starting duos. Ruvell Martin is a joke btw
Jones is a little better?
How many catches did breaston have? Like 10?
He's a better a returnman, but in no way is he a better reciever. He has some good potential, but right now Jones is a much better WR.
Also Ruvell is a good redzone target. Calling him a joke is very rude and ignorant

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean Breaston never saw the field really. I feel like Jones is better but the fact that he had Brett Favre throwing him the ball makes me doubt his abilities tbh. Breaston seems to emerge as the slot receiver and seems to look good. Also i called Martin a joke not as a player but as a reason why the Packers are better. He might be a good player, but not a real big factor IMO

Old 06-28-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i mean Breaston never saw the field really. I feel like Jones is better but the fact that he had Brett Favre throwing him the ball makes me doubt his abilities tbh. Breaston seems to emerge as the slot receiver and seems to look good. Also i called Martin a joke not as a player but as a reason why the Packers are better. He might be a good player, but not a real big factor IMO
Yeah I understand that.
Arizona definitly has the better two. Driver is on the downside of his career. By the end of this year, or maybe by his 4th year I expect Jennings to be up there with Larry and Anquan though.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

yea but at the current situation, I feel like Arizona has a WR Corps that is at least on par with the GB if not better. jsa saying the Cardinals should not have been mentioned in this thread is a big joke and shows is lack of knowledge

Old 06-28-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The 5th wideout never really is a huge factor.

This is how I break it down.

Fitz>Driver
Boldin=Jennings
Breaston Doucet ?
Who is the Cards' 5th?

It's very close, Packers are more solid and have more depth, but the Cards are filled with potential in Breaston and Doucet.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

why is Nelson > Doucet and Boldin = jennings?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
. Ruvell Martin is a joke btw
I'm not the biggest Ruvell fan but he's hardly a joke... He was one on the more productive #5 receivers in the league last year.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
The 5th wideout never really is a huge factor.

This is how I break it down.

Fitz>Driver
Boldin=Jennings
Breaston Doucet ?
Who is the Cards' 5th?

It's very close, Packers are more solid and have more depth, but the Cards are filled with potential in Breaston and Doucet.
How is Nelson not potential? Also Doucet was more productive in college so he should get the nod as the better WR since that's all anyone has to go off of.

Boldin is way better than Jennings. Hell Colston is better than Jennings and Boldin is far ahead of Colston so that should give you an idea of where he is.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are we seriously arguing about who is the better #5 WR? That's one of the most irrelevant players on the team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
How is Nelson not potential? Also Doucet was more productive in college so he should get the nod as the better WR since that's all anyone has to go off of.
Huh? Nelson was more productive than Doucet. He was higher rated on most draft boards as well.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was illegal on this board to compare Nelson with anybody else than chuck norris or god
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers WRs led the league in YPC last year. They made a lot of plays and they worked for it - It wasn't just Favre. Our WRs flat out won games for us with big plays on 3rd down, in OT, in close games, and when we didn't have a running game. I think we are decisively better than Arizona, but Detroit is debatable.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Who is the Cards' 5th?
Not sure it really matters to be quite honest, I'll be surprised if Wisenhunt ever goes five wide (pure WR) in non-Hail Mary situations, especially when he's got talent elsewhere such as Edgerrin James at RB and Leonard Pope at TE.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings is very good, but your a LONG way from saying he is equal to Boldin right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Boldin is way better than Jennings. Hell Colston is better than Jennings and Boldin is far ahead of Colston so that should give you an idea of where he is.
I will agree with you that Boldin is definitely better than Jennings. I'm a little confused as to your definition of productivity though. For a little experiment I will give two hypothetical WR's college stats and you tell me which is more productive in your opinion.

Receiver #1
Career (4 years)
160 Receptions | 1943 Yards | 20 TDs
Best Season
59 Receptions | 772 Yards | 8 TDs

Receiver #2
Career (3 years)
206 Receptions | 2822 Yards | 20 TDs
Best Season
122 Receptions | 1606 Yards | 11 TDs

Edit: While it may have been lost because I was very crafty and subtle, those aren't actually random receivers. Receiver #1 is Early Doucet and Receiver #2 is Jordy Nelson. I will give you that Doucet was a more productive high schooler though.

Last edited by badgerbacker : 06-29-2008 at 04:55 PM.
badgerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

Quote:
And i'm telling you that you're wrong. The 4 I named are better and more productive than the 4 you named.
quick stat: steve beaston-8 catchtes, 92 yards, 0 tds. wtf