Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Boldin=Jennings
That's ******* classic.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im expecting a big year out of Jennings and I mean real big. But right now Boldin is better.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I will agree with you that Boldin is definitely better than Jennings. I'm a little confused as to your definition of productivity though. For a little experiment I will give two hypothetical WR's college stats and you tell me which is more productive in your opinion.

Receiver #1
Career (4 years)
160 Receptions | 1943 Yards | 20 TDs
Best Season
59 Receptions | 772 Yards | 8 TDs

Receiver #2
Career (3 years)
206 Receptions | 2822 Yards | 20 TDs
Best Season
122 Receptions | 1606 Yards | 11 TDs

Edit: While it may have been lost because I was very crafty and subtle, those aren't actually random receivers. Receiver #1 is Early Doucet and Receiver #2 is Jordy Nelson. I will give you that Doucet was a more productive high schooler though.
Doucet didn't play a full season either (Senior). The numbers will be skewed. I applaud the try though. I really do.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
Doucet didn't play a full season either (Senior). The numbers will be skewed. I applaud the try though. I really do.
Why did Doucet only average 9.2 ypc as a senior? I realize he was hurt, but 9.2 is pathetic for a #1 WR.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just please explain to me your thought process as to why Doucet was more productive. I've given you the stats I look at when I think about productivity and you laughed at me. Just explain what your thought process is.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Why did Doucet only average 9.2 ypc as a senior? I realize he was hurt, but 9.2 is pathetic for a #1 WR.
We spread the ball out more. more 3-4 WR sets gave us a lot more options. That with the 4 rotating RB's gave lsu more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Just please explain to me your thought process as to why Doucet was more productive. I've given you the stats I look at when I think about productivity and you laughed at me. Just explain what your thought process is.
I'll let Doucet's play finish the argument for me.

Last edited by Hwoarang : 06-30-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He might be able to finish the argument if you could at least start one.

You said that Doucet was more productive in college. Tell me how.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And what does a rotation have to do with YPC? At least mention that he runs a lot of screens and that brings it down a significant amount.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We spread the ball out more. more 3-4 WR sets gave us a lot more options. That with the 4 rotating RB's gave lsu more options.

You seem lost in your argument. I don't doubt your opinion on Doucet, but you haven't said anything convincing in the least.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
How does that affect YPC?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I love the GB WR corps, they are not going to have Favre throwing to them this season. An unsung member of GB's corp is Ruvell Martin, 6'4" udfa that just makes plays when given the opportunity and has the lowest drop percentage on the team since he's been with the Packers. We'll see for the group how they look this year. If they come close to the number sthey had last year, then they'll have proved something.

I like the starters for the Browns and Cardinals, but on game day New England has the best group IMO, as I think even without Brady that group would still produce.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I would have to say its Detroit.

Roy Williams (best: 82, 1300, 7)

Calvin Johnson (best: best WR prospect ever)

Mike Furrey (best: 98, 1100, 6)

Shaun McDonald (best: 70, 940, 6)

I think GB (Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson) and Colts (Harrison, Wayne, Gonzalez) come close.
Roy Williams is the most overrated WR in the league.

Reasons: Only gone over 1000 yards 1 time, only stayed healthy for a full season 1 time in 4 years, never has had double digit TD's, very inconsistent.

I thought it was a joke when people were saying they would take him over Boldin or Ocho this offseason.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay is my choice.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

I say it's gotta be New England.

I believe that there are a couple receivers that are gonna take off this year on other teams that are gonna change things, (greg jennings, Holmes, calvin johnson) but right now its gotta be New England. Randy Moss is an absolute beast, he just broke a couple wr records, and he may not be their biggest weapon. Wes welker is just about as much a guarantee for offense as Moss is, and that's scary.

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
quick stat: steve beaston-8 catchtes, 92 yards, 0 tds. wtf
4th Receiver? its not like arizona played like GB and had 4-5 Receivers almost every other snap

btw wicket: Jordy Nelson is God/Chuck Norris

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Rankings:

New England
Arizona
Green Bay
Detroit(If they live up to potential)
Cleveland

Up and Coming: Washington

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote