Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Shockey is rated higher on Madden than Cooley lol.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/879/879251p3.html
This alone shows the joke Madden has become....carry on.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=426396

Bears should be higher in my opinion.
at least ahead of the 49ers i'd say. I would have to say that Witten, Cooley and Shockey are all better on their own than either of the guys the Bears have and it keeps them ahead just a little...
Old 06-23-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I actually think Shockey has the better build/high ceiling, however Eli vastly under uses him, especially in the red zone. Shockey is used as a check down way too much when in reality Eli should be looking to give him the ball every time. Cooley finds the holes set in by Moss and El and attacks them, and Campbell usually finds him.

But yes like somebody said, Cooley is a huge fan favorite. I have no problem being a homer out of my ass for that guy.

EDIT: 2k posts :)
This isn't Payton's offense where we had Toomer and Shockey before Tiki was good. I don't believe we vastly under use him. Shockey still gets his stats, and is vital for our running game. Now we have Plax and a healthy Toomer. We also had a better tiki barber before he retired, so Shockey went from focal point to one of the other weapons we have. When Shockey is open we give him the ball, if not, we have other guys now from Plax, Toomer, Jacobs, and Steve Smith, and Kevin Boss. If Shockey comes back he will be in an offense with even more weapons.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings are still terrible at TE. Shiancoe couldn't catch a cold, Kleinsasser is basically a sixth offensive lineman, and Garrett Mills is barely an NFL player. I still wish we would have taken Carlson, Fred Davis, or Bennett. Not confident about this position at all.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vernon cant make plays? bust you say?
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801d5780
he does this kind of stuff a lot when the qb actually gets him the ball and when hes not asked to block (which was at least 75% of the plays he was in on last season)

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801512a2
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8015eb31
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801d80f0
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805300bd
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8048b36e
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803b71ef
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802a5829

Last edited by nikkayeah : 06-23-2008 at 08:15 PM.
nikkayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Highlight reels always tell the story.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
We all know that;)...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For sure.

If highlight reels meant everything, Dwayne Jarrett would be the next Jerry Rice.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Shockey and Cooley rated very similarly. Cooley is the truth, don't sleep on Cooley.

Cooley is a very good run blocker, not as good as Shockey, but still very good. He's not as fast or as big as Shockey in the pass game, not as explosive, but he finds ways to get open.

He has a better understanding of zone defenses than Shockey does and does a better job finding the holes in the zone. He runs better routes and has better hands, and is able to adjust on the fly better than Shockey. Shockey is simply the superior athlete, but Cooley has the mental aspect of the position down much better than Shockey does.

Its close, I give the edge to Shockey and feel Shockey would beast it in a different scheme. Having that said though, don't sleep on Cooley.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
For sure.

If highlight reels meant everything, Dwayne Jarrett would be the next Jerry Rice.
You mean he's not? Feh, next you'll be telling me that Reggie Bush ISN'T the greatest running back in the history of football.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
The Vikings are still terrible at TE. Shiancoe couldn't catch a cold, Kleinsasser is basically a sixth offensive lineman, and Garrett Mills is barely an NFL player. I still wish we would have taken Carlson, Fred Davis, or Bennett. Not confident about this position at all.
your team is a TE, and quality qb play away from being a SB team.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
your team is a TE, and quality qb play away from being a SB team.
All it will take is Tavaris Jackson not giving the ball away on a regular basis to be a feared playoff team. If Dilfer can ride a defense to a Lombardi, I am sure that Jackson can do so.
While the Vikings D isn't as good as that Ravens' D, they have a much better rushing attack and their offensive line is quite solid.(borderline amazing)
Also, the TE thing won't be needed if Jackson can mature. The TE is usually a safety valve for a checkdown QB who freaks after his #1 option is covered.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 06-23-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: How did I write game instead of team
Old 06-23-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
All it will take is Tavaris Jackson not giving the ball away on a regular basis to be a feared playoff game. If Dilfer can ride a defense to a Lombardi, I am sure that Jackson can do so.
While the Vikings D isn't as good as that Ravens' D, they have a much better rushing attack and their offensive line is quite solid.(borderline amazing)
Im not the biggest Tavaris fan, but he gets way too much criticism. He actually played pretty well later in the season and was making strides.

And he was only in his 2nd season. People need to give young qbs time.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't see a highlight reel all i see are actual clips from the games..i could post some of his best games i recorded off of tivo on torrent if u want
Old 06-23-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayeah View Post
i don't see a highlight reel all i see are actual clips from the games..i could post some of his best games i recorded off of tivo on torrent if u want
I could show you videos of him getting hurt and dropping passes but I won't do that either. Those would be actual clips too.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

Quote:
I could show you videos of him getting hurt and dropping passes but I won't do that either. Those would be actual clips too.
do dat shiiiieit. show me
Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well to all the people that say the 9ers are way too high lets look at some of the people around them

5. BEARS:
Well Greg Olsen has done nothing to this point and Desmond Clark has not done anything more spectacular than Vernon has to this point. Walker is a better recieving threat than both of them and Bajema is a better blocker than both of them

6. EAGLES:
Alright we will go right down the depth chart
Vernon is a better blocker than L.J. will ever be. He has also in his limited time shown more big play potential than him. Kris Wilson probably has the edge over Walker since he is a way better blocker and a more proven pass catcher..today. And Celek and Bajema i say are even since Bajema is a better blocker with Celek the better reciever. There is definitly room for argument on that one.

7. RAMS:
McMichael's play has really declined so I would say that puts him and Vernon about even. Becht is a good blocker but offers nothing in the passing game. And Klopfenstein has done nothing. So the edge probably goes to the 9ers since they have more to offer in the passing game and equally as much in the run game.

8. PACKERS:
Alright well Donald Lee is pretty consistant in the passing game and decent in the running game so I would say he is pretty even with Vernon since there receving stats are pretty similar and thats with Vernon missing 3 games. Tory Humphrey has done nothing and niether has Jermichael Finley so the edge in that one goes to the 9ers

9. BUCCANEERS:
The Bucs might have an edge in this one. Alex Smith today might be a more solid player than Vernon so I will give the edge there. Troupe is a better receiver than any of the other TE's on the 9ers roster. Stevens is too inconsistant Walker who has not even started a game is a more consistant reciever than Stevens. Gilmore and Bajema are pretty close as far as blocking ability goes. But I guess I will give the edge to Tampa in that one.

So looking at it closer the only argument I could see would be for Philly and Tampa Bay to be ahead of them otherwise it looks clear to me that San Francisco is pretty close to where they should be

Last edited by Menardo75 : 06-23-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayeah View Post
do dat shiiiieit. show me
You fail to see the point I am trying to make.

I am saying that it doesn't have to be a highlight reel that makes player look good...if you show me clips of a player making catch after catch (spectacular or not) it won't prove to me that he is a good player, it will just show me that he has some production.
He has dropped balls and he has been injured, yet you fail to mention that when you post "actual clips" of him making catches.

Davis has done absolutely nothing in the NFL and his freakish athletic ability doesn't automatically make him warrant high placement when you compare him to other tight ends in the NFC.

A small sample size of plays means nothing.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And bill parcells told cooley he wouldnt be anything more than a 3rd string TE in the NFL....
Old 06-23-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
And bill parcells told cooley he wouldnt be anything more than a 3rd string TE in the NFL....
Reverse psychology.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and how can you compare who is a better all around tight end between Shockey and Cooley. Shockey has'nt blocked anyone since he left the U
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reverse psychology.
well it worked
Old 06-23-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Oh and how can you compare who is a better all around tight end between Shockey and Cooley. Shockey has'nt blocked anyone since he left the U
Are you ******* kidding me? Shockey has evolved into one of the top 5 blocking TEs in the league, if not top 3.

That's an interesting spelling of hasn't. Never seen that one before. But yes, Shockey is now a tremendous blocker.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Are you ******* kidding me? Shockey has evolved into one of the top 5 blocking TEs in the league, if not top 3.

That's an interesting spelling of hasn't. Never seen that one before. But yes, Shockey is now a tremendous blocker.
It is like a stereotype.
If a guy has an attitude and has rare athletic ability on offense, he won't block....Obviously at skill positions only.
Shockey is a tremendous athlete and he has a slight (ok huge) swagger but he is a true competitor.
This false reputation as an incompetent blocker is simply a stereotype.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
you are so ignorant.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote