Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayeah View Post
im done here you guys are pretty stupid and stubborn
and you are a homer.

Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
and you are a homer.

actually im not. i just watched him every game last season and i know what he is capable of. i like d-walker more than davis, because davis' attributes would suit him better at wr
Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
actually im not. i just watched him every game last season and i know what he is capable of. i like d-walker more than davis, because davis' attributes would suit him better at wr
yep, questionable hands are an awesome attribute for WR.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yep, questionable hands are an awesome attribute for WR.
tell that to t.o
Old 06-25-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait a damn minute. Weren't you just saying how great of a blocker he is?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yes he was. He is now comparing Davis to Terrell Owens.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
STAT W.HORE. are you stupid? every time he catches the ball, he's surrounded by defenders and he get swarmed. what do you expect him to do? leap into the sky like the incredible hulk?

Of course not...............

maybe...........

Okay fine, yes, I was expecting him to leap into the sky like the incredible hulk.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis is both God and the Devil. Argument Over!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
he's a great blocker, but his potential at wr is off the charts, and look at the niner's current wr core
Old 06-25-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

So Davis has the body of Zeus and the catching ability (and durability) of Helen Keller.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
he's a great blocker, but his potential at wr is off the charts, and look at the niner's current wr core
What would make him a better WR than TE?
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
NO ONE CAN COVER THAT SPEED TO SIZE RATIO!

TDZ EVR TIME!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

Quote:
his speed would be better utilized outside and he would cause bigger matchup problems. a 6'3 255lb wr that's faster than most db's? think about it
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
his speed would be better utilized outside and he would cause bigger matchup problems. a 6'3 255lb wr that's faster than most db's? think about it
Depends on the DBs he is faster than. He has to have the agility as well to play outside. I would need to see it be done on a consistent basis to see if it would work or not. I think quicker Cbs would do fine against him. But it would be interesting to see him on the outside as a flanker once and while.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Why wouldn't he be effective as a TE? His speed is just as useful stretching the seam or running ins/outs.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I am not mistaken, I remember reading on the SF MB, that Davis had issues with the playbook. Is that true? Is he a slow learner?
Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
If I am not mistaken, I remember reading on the SF MB, that Davis had issues with the playbook. Is that true? Is he a slow learner?
I read everything 49ers and haven't heard that yet.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Putting him at WR full-time would be a terrible idea. His speed is fine but at 255 his COD skills are not amazing. Plus his strength would be much better used in-line. Maybe flex him out on long third downs, but other than that he is more versatile as a TE.

Also, about his inability to learn the playbook. I don't think that was ever proven, one of the 49ers bloggers (either Maccico or Barrows) made that assumption.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I read everything 49ers and haven't heard that yet.
The guy below I guess must have the read the same thing. I heard or read what the other member just said.

If that's the case, assuming that's true, then it would hard to move him to WR. A wr has to memorize the passing tree for outside WR, which is split end or flanker, and then have to memorize inside WR routes as well. On top of that, you have to remember alignments above the numbers, base, or nasty, which is closer splits.

All that is very hard to remember, so if he can't get TE routes and blocking assignments down, then it would be very, very hard to remember the WRs manuel.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC TE's blow NFC TE's out of the water.:)
Old 06-25-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought the TE rankings would generate so much discussion, I think this is the most of any so far.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
AFC TE's blow NFC TE's out of the water.:)
AFC TE's are just nasty. They have a couple guys who will be among the best ever when it is all said and done.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Which player would Davis create the bigger matchup problem for?
5'11 CB that runs a 4.40, Davis is playing WR/Flanker
6'3 OLB that runs a 4.7, Davis is at TE

This is a serious question. I realize 40s don't dictate these things but I needed an easy relative measure of speed.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Which player would Davis create the bigger matchup problem for?
5'11 CB that runs a 4.40, Davis is playing WR/Flanker
6'3 OLB that runs a 4.7, Davis is at TE

This is a serious question. I realize 40s don't dictate these things but I needed an easy relative measure of speed.
Obviously the LB will have a harder time covering Vernon Davis, but after the catch the CB will have a hell of a time bringing him down.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those two plays show that he's one of the best YAC TEs in the league? Please. He had 5 plays over 20 yards last season, none over 40.
What they just happened magically? Trent Dilfer also was throwing him the rock last season behind a terrible offense lead by a terrible offensive coordinator. That doesn't help his case. And I just gave you two examples and told you he's shrugged off defenders numerous times. I never told you those two particular examples defined his status did I? Please don't take my statements out of context. Watch the games and you'll understand.

Honestly in my opinion the only thing holding Vernon Davis back is the team he's on. It's not like he doesn't have the ability. He has proven he does already. Statistics don't tell the story.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 06-25-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote