Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Told you Zona had the best WR corps.

Basically 1 WR has New Orleans in the top 10. That's insane.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Steve Breaston is used as how Welker was used last year and Pope develops, the Cards will be a hard time to stop in the air.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
If Steve Breaston is used as how Welker was used last year and Pope develops, the Cards will be a hard time to stop in the air.
well.....yeah, could be nice but.

Kurt Warner =/= Tom Brady
Matt Leinart =/= Tom Brady

hell, even

Kurt Warner + Matt Leinart =/= Tom Brady

I really like Arizona's WR corps but Kurt Warner is probably only going to go downhill from here and Leinart has yet to show that he's going uphill at all...
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post

Thats true about 3 other teams too. Whats insane about it?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not dead last baby thats what im talkin about! :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Not dead last baby thats what im talkin about! :)
Vernon Gholston at WR would have made the 49ers a top-5 group!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think it's pretty clear the top tier in the NFC, in terms of wide receivers, consists of Detroit, Arizona, and Green Bay (that's the order in which I would rank them).

After that, there's a noticable gap to the second tier imo, but I definitely put the Giants as the lead at #4.

so you think

CJ > Fitz
&
Williams > Boldin?

neither of those make sense

Furrey is probably only slightly better than Breaston and Doucet looks like he is gonna be a steal already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
well.....yeah, could be nice but.
I really like Arizona's WR corps but Kurt Warner is probably only going to go downhill from here and Leinart has yet to show that he's going uphill at all...
Well except that everyone has said that Leinart is improving tremendously even his new buddy Joe Montana

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the original poster in the assesment that the Eagles should move from 6 to 9.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
so you think

CJ > Fitz
&
Williams > Boldin?

neither of those make sense

Furrey is probably only slightly better than Breaston and Doucet looks like he is gonna be a steal already.
Perhaps he means CJ+Williams+Furrey+McDonald>Fitz+Boldin+Doucet+Breaston

I don't know, but thats my assumption. It is definitely between the Lions and Cards IMO, but the Pack is close too. This may come back to bite me in my a**, but Jon Kitna is playing better than Warner or Leinart. I know that this list isn't supposed to judge the QB, but the QB does come into factor a little bit in this list, that is why I think teams like the Eagles and Saints are higher than they shoudl be, and also why the bears are last (though the really do have the worst WR corp anyway, IMO).

Old 06-26-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles were ranked way too high. Outside of Curtis they have a bunch of guys that are barely a good 3 on most good teams.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, but i see/saw some potential in Avant. Brown is alright. They really shouldve taken Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, or maybe even James Hardy. Those guys have #1 or #2 potential.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the **** are the Eagles at 6? Curtis had 1,100 yards and 981 of them came against Detroit. He's not a #1. Brown is adequate at #2, though he does disappear a lot and struggles with press coverage. Jason Avant is criminally underused. The man will catch anything thrown in the same zip code as him. But he's better suited as a #3.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I do think we should see more of Avant, at least I want to see more anyway.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Yea, but i see/saw some potential in Avant. Brown is alright. They really shouldve taken Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, or maybe even James Hardy. Those guys have #1 or #2 potential.
If DeSean Jackson reaches his full potential he could definitely be a #1, he is much better than Steve Smith was coming out. Not saying he will be the next Steve Smith by any means but if he can be anything close like I think he can be than he will be a beast. I'm also not saying this is a reason they should be #6 because it isn't based on potential.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm an Eagles fan, and I don't know about Jackson being better than Smith coming out. But I was a big Smith fan last year, so who knows. Yeah JAckson could be our #1 eventually, but that is if we continue to have the same type of WRs we hav enow.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
If DeSean Jackson reaches his full potential he could definitely be a #1, he is much better than Steve Smith was coming out. Not saying he will be the next Steve Smith by any means but if he can be anything close like I think he can be than he will be a beast. I'm also not saying this is a reason they should be #6 because it isn't based on potential.
He's going to need to eat a lot of burgers before he can think of becoming a #1.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have Atlanta at 8th over New Orleans but I agree with the overall assessment.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
He's going to need to eat a lot of burgers before he can think of becoming a #1.
True. I'm not even saying that it's likely, but like you said if he gets his weight up and works hard enough at it, he definitely has the natural ability to at least be a starter.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post

Being in the top 10 out of 16 isn't that impressive.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

panthers should be above the eagles (as should some other teams) but apart from that the list doesn't look that bad.

i remember last year sporting news did these and they would have a top 5 list right next to the main list. anyone got that? i wanna see where they rank smith

Edit: Just found it

Quote:
1. Terrell Owens, Cowboys
2. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
3. Plaxico Burress, Giants
4. Steve Smith, Panthers
5. Marques Colston, Saints
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooberon View Post
panthers should be above the eagles (as should some other teams) but apart from that the list doesn't look that bad.

i remember last year sporting news did these and they would have a top 5 list right next to the main list. anyone got that? i wanna see where they rank smith

Edit: Just found it
Anquan Boldin should at least be over Colston.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The panthers seem a bit low to me i think that they should be 5th
Old 06-26-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see more out of Calvin Johnson before I put him over Fitz. Well here it goes:

Fitz > CJ
Boldin < Williams

Although I think Doucet is gonna be good, I can't argue for wanting to see more out of CJ and then put Doucet over Furrey. I will however say that Doucet WILL be better than Furrey/McDonald. From what I hear, I would probably take Breaston over McDonald.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I want to see more out of Calvin Johnson before I put him over Fitz. Well here it goes:

Fitz > CJ
Boldin < Williams

Although I think Doucet is gonna be good, I can't argue for wanting to see more out of CJ and then put Doucet over Furrey. I will however say that Doucet WILL be better than Furrey/McDonald. From what I hear, I would probably take Breaston over McDonald.
You seriously think Roy Williams is better than Boldin?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Thats true about 3 other teams too. Whats insane about it?
Those other teams don't have their #3 leading the league in drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Being in the top 10 out of 16 isn't that impressive.
Says the guy who has to disagree with everything I say.

Last edited by Hwoarang : 06-26-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote