Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sporting News: AFC Wide Receivers

Quote:
1. New England Patriots: Randy Moss, who set an NFL record for TD receptions last year, and Wes Welker, who set a team record for catches, are a great combo. Jabar Gaffney and Chad Jackson are solid options in multireceiver sets.

2. Cincinnati Bengals: Chad Johnson has speed and athleticism; T.J. Houshmandzadeh makes tough catches in traffic and is a good blocker. Rookies Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson are the top candidates for the No. 3 job.

3. Indianapolis Colts: Reggie Wayne, a pass-catching machine , and Marvin Harrison, who is on the mend after missing 11 games in '07, give defenses fits on the outside. That opens the middle for second-year player Anthony Gonzalez.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers: Pro Bowler Hines Ward has shown no signs of slowing down, and Santonio Holmes has become a bigplay guy. No. 3 Nate Washington is talented and athletic. Rookie Limas Sweed makes the unit even better.

5. Cleveland Browns: Braylon Edwards emerged as a Pro Bowl starter last season, though he still drops too many balls. Donte' Stallworth will inject the underneath quickness that the team lacked last year. Joe Jurevicius is a wily veteran.

6. Denver Broncos: The recovery of Brandon Marshall (forearm) is critical to an offense that relies on his ability to bust tackles. Darrell Jackson is healthy and has 60-catch potential, and Brandon Stokley is a dangerous slot option

7. San Diego Chargers: Chris Chambers' reliable hands made life easier for Philip Rivers last season. Vincent Jackson appears ready to become a bona fide No. 1. Legedu Naanee catches everything thrown his way.

8. Houston Texans: With Andre Johnson as the top target and Kevin Walter and Andre Davis as his complements, the Texans have one of the league's most impressive three-deep groups. Jacoby Jones has playmaking potential.

9. New York Jets: Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery are both adept at running routes and catching the ball in traffic, but neither has breakaway speed. Coles must stay healthy, and Brad Smith must show more in his third season.

10. Buffalo Bills: The team hopes rookie James Hardy will be a reliable big target in the red zone and that he takes some of the defensive focus off Lee Evans, who is coming off a down year. Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish are proven veterans.

11. Baltimore Ravens: Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason do a great job of finding holes in defenses, but they are primarily possession receivers. Demetrius Williams can become the deep threat if he stays healthy.

12. Kansas City Chiefs: As a rookie, Dwayne Bowe excelled at both making tough catches and running after the catch. It's a bad sign when Devard Darling is the top candidate as the other starter, though. Jeff Webb is a good possession receiver.

13. Oakland Raiders: The team threw a lot of money at Javon Walker, who is coming off his third knee surgery and a poor season. Most recently, he was an assault victim in Las Vegas. Ronald Curry and Drew Carter are decent targets.

14. Jacksonville Jaguars: The unit was revamped with Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson. Porter should draw double coverage on the outside, but Williamson had problems with drops in Minnesota. Reggie Williams improved in '07.

15. Tennessee Titans: Adding Justin McCareins doesn't quite solve the team's receiving woes. McCareins and Justin Gage can fight for the ball in traffic. Biren Ealy, undrafted last year, has put himself in the mix.

16. Miami Dolphins: Youth and inexperience abound at wide receiver, one of the biggest problem positions on the roster. The team seems confident in Ted Ginn Jr.'s ability to have a breakout season, especially given his progress as a route runner late last season. The new coaching staff intends to lighten his load on special teams so he'll have fresh legs to use his speed more on offense. Ernest Wilford, the Jaguars' No. 2 receiver last year, will assume a similar but more prominent role in the Dolphins' offense. He should complement Ginn well as an intermediate target with a big frame. Derek Hagan, David Kircus and Greg Camarillo will compete for the No. 3 job. All three have shown some flashes of ability but must be more consistent.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=427819

Tough choice but to be honest I think I would take the Dolphins WR corp. over the Titans.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its about right you could flip flop here or there if you wanted to but not a bad list.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Wow, higher ranking for the Chiefs than I would have expected. I know they can be pretty good, but with how young they are I wouldn't expect somebody else outside of KC to rank them that high. With how many young guys they have (nobody is over 27) I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump up 5 spots by next year.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

One thing I noticed is it said Chargers WR Legedu Naanee catches everything thrown his way. Based on what? His 8 catches last year? I would think they would mention 2007 first round pick Buster Davis over him.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
One thing I noticed is it said Chargers WR Legedu Naanee catches everything thrown his way. Based on what? His 8 catches last year? I would think they would mention 2007 first round pick Buster Davis over him.
I'd think so too and I'd think they'd put San Diego ahead of Denver now that they're without Javon Walker and Indianapolis over Cincinnati with Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson causing so much trouble.

Although maybe they figure Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson will rejoin the team and that Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson will perform as he usually does.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns have a great cast. I expect good things from that group this season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised Chiefs are 12th/16 but happy nonetheless.

I think Franklin can have a significant role this year as a rookie. We'll have to see.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

The thing about the AFC is that many of the TE's are so good, that depth at WR becomes a less important because you can do the same things out of a 3 wr set that you could out of a 3 wr set. Colts, Chargers, Browns, Chiefs, all have wr-like te's.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah I'm a litttle surprised with the comment for Naanee...I mean don't get me wrong, I like what he can do...but 'catches everything thrown his way' is an overstatement...not to mention Buster Davis will be in the slot next year, assuming Parker is either not healthy or traded.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Judging from where the Ravens are ranked I'm judging they are basing this off the Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason tandem circa ohhhhh 2005....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did they write twice as much for the Dolphins than any other team, who in their opinion was the worst. I just thought it was kind of weird since all the other ones were exactly 3 lines long.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Bowe is number 1 overall Chiefs are at 12 EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:) :)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 of the top 5 units are in the AFCN, never really thought about that.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They mentioned Naanee because his awesome screen beat the Colts; or at least was one of a couple silver bullets. The kid is extremely talented. I don't think there are a whole lot of Charger fans who think Buster Davis is better than him.

I feel the Chargers positioning is about right but I'm puzzled about being lower than the Broncos. Marshall is good, but who else? Jackson doesn't count anymore. I wouldn't take their guys over Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson, not to mention our other guys who have made plays when called upon.

Last edited by CC.SD : 06-26-2008 at 01:15 AM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
They mentioned Naanee because his awesome screen beat the Colts; or at least was one of a couple silver bullets. The kid is extremely talented. I don't think there are a whole lot of Charger fans who think Buster Davis is better than him.

I feel the Chargers positioning is about right but I'm puzzled about being lower than the Broncos. Marshall is good, but who else? Jackson doesn't count anymore. I wouldn't take their guys over Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson, not to mention our other guys who have made plays when called upon.
Maybe they figure D-Jax will return to what he was in Seattle. I dunno, I'm not betting on it.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver is rated too high Marshall is good but Jackson can't catch and im not sure how much Stokley has left list overall is'nt bad though
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Denver is rated too high Marshall is good but Jackson can't catch and im not sure how much Stokley has left list overall is'nt bad though
Also that Clobert guy from the Panthers and Eddie Royal.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the top 3 are almost interchangeable, as are PIttsburgh and Cleveland. You could really go either way with those two at 4 and 5. Pretty good list though.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars should be four spots higher. Just watch and you'll see.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Devard Darling isn't that bad and is talented with some potential. Jeff Webb, on the other hand, completely stinks.

The rankings are okay, but I don't think the author has ever watched half of the players he mentions actually play.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
The Jaguars should be four spots higher. Just watch and you'll see.
Not really, the addition of Troy Williamson and Jerry Porter will help some but it's not that big of a deal. Reggie Williams their number one receiver would be a #2 or #3 on most teams.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Not really, the addition of Troy Williamson and Jerry Porter will help some but it's not that big of a deal. Reggie Williams their number one receiver would be a #2 or #3 on most teams.

LOL at Troy Williamson helping in any way shape or form. The Jags are right where they should be. Porter is a headcase and has never had a 1000 yard season. Not what I want from a number one receiver.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
Devard Darling isn't that bad and is talented with some potential. Jeff Webb, on the other hand, completely stinks.

The rankings are okay, but I don't think the author has ever watched half of the players he mentions actually play.
I wouldn't say Webb completely stinks. When Eddie Kennison was healthy Webb was 4th on the depth chart at WR yet he still was 3rd on the team in receiving. His numbers aren't great but when the offensive line was as bad as it was there really is not time to get to your 3rd or 4th reads in the passing game. His problems are mostly mental, such as not dragging his feet on the catch that likely would have led to a win over Green Bay. I still have hopes for him.

I have said before that I would love if Darling is our Joe Horn. Horn didn't do crap in KC until perhaps his final year here and then it was too late. But he went on to New Orleans and had a 1,000 yard season is first year there. Now I doubt Darling gets 1,000 yards considering he is our 3rd option at best in the passing game but if he could turn into a good 2nd option at WR and make teams pay for double teaming Gonzalez and/or Bowe then I would call him a successful pickup. I think he could be a good deep threat considering his solid 18.1 ypc average. His 3 touchdowns are also pretty good considering he only had 18 catches.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
LOL at Troy Williamson helping in any way shape or form. The Jags are right where they should be. Porter is a headcase and has never had a 1000 yard season. Not what I want from a number one receiver.
lol you know your WR core is pretty rough off if Williamson 'improves' anything... Even on paper.

I had big hopes for him but man has he bombed.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If walker doesnt do good we should be at the bottom of the list. Hopefully he doesnt make us regret giving him 55 mil

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote