Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brandon Marshall facing suspension

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...-Marshall.html

Quote:
There is more trouble surrounding Brandon Marshall.

The Denver Post is reporting that the Broncos' receiver was arrested in March after an alleged domestic dispute. It was Marshall's third arrest in less than 12 months. The first arrest, also a domestic charge, was dismissed.

One has to wonder about Marshall, who is clearly one of the NFL's brightest young stars on the field. Yet, Marshall is growing an off-field resume to rival the league's most-troubled players.

Marshall will be suspended for at least a game or two if he is convicted of his drunken driving trial -- set for September -- or for this latest arrest.

Marshall is an enigma for Denver's brass. He is immensely talented but the trouble is stacking up.

The Broncos are counting on Marshall. Along with quarterback Jay Cutler, he is the team's ticket to success in the next several years. But this latest arrest is another sign counting on Marshall may lead to disappointment.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Character is becoming increasingly important. Teams simply can't afford to invest in players who are likely to get into trouble.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if this has any degree of truth, i hope we cut him immediately. we're going to suck with or without him and it'd be great if we didn't have morons like this on the team anymore.
The Bucs would take him off of your hands. We'd toss in a 5th just for kicks.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah if you don't want him we will be a great 9er :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was browsing through PFT and I saw this snipit.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9686832

Apparently Brandon Marshall was arrested in March for battery. I have no idea whether or not others have heard about this or not. This makes it 3 arrests over the course of 12 months. That's quite a lot IMVHO. This may be why Jay Cutler was saying that Marshall is not his favorite person a few months ago. There are some guys (myself included) who take great exception to a guy who hits a woman.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I was browsing through PFT and I saw this snipit.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9686832

Apparently Brandon Marshall was arrested in March for battery. I have no idea whether or not others have heard about this or not. This makes it 3 arrests over the course of 12 months. That's quite a lot IMVHO. This may be why Jay Cutler was saying that Marshall is not his favorite person a few months ago. There are some guys (myself included) who take great exception to a guy who hits a woman.
It's a total classless act. The Broncos used to be so deep at WR and now without Marshall their kind of stuck.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the kid, hope this changes his attitude.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't recall any character concerns coming up during the draft process on this kid. One of the receivers I admire most in the game today and I hope he gets his act together and continues to show the same kinda promise that lead to his monster season last year.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Character is becoming increasingly important. Teams simply can't afford to invest in players who are likely to get into trouble.
I agree. As a fan, this is one of the most important aspects to me when evaluating a player.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a douche
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, who will Cutler throw to? Darrell Jackson? that sucks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sammie Parker!!!!!!!!!!

So much for 100 receptions for Marshall.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Marshall may never get his life together but he is so talented and can be a huge star in this leauge i hope that he does get his life together before it's to late for him to salvage his career
Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is one arrest away from facing an 8-16 game suspension more then likely after all these...He will have to be on his best behavior as well, I'm rooting for him because of what I think he can become but it doesn't look good that its starting to add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's another Antonio Bryant.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
if this has any degree of truth, i hope we cut him immediately. we're going to suck with or without him and it'd be great if we didn't have morons like this on the team anymore.
I wouldn't quite be at that level, but it's refreshing to see a fan of a team not come in and blindly defend a player and actually make some sense. As I alluded to, I wouldn't want rid of Marshall completely if I was a Broncos fan, but I'd sure pray the knucklehead gets his crap together and finally stops being a moron off the field.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope you cut him as well. Cut him and let someone else take advantage of his talent
Old 06-26-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He's another Antonio Bryant.
Except Marshall actually translated his talent on the field at one point. Bryant never had a year like Marshall just had, but then again, Bryant has never had a decent QB in his career.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Except Marshall actually translated his talent on the field at one point. Bryant never had a year like Marshall just had, but then again, Bryant has never had a decent QB in his career.
Bryant could have been a very special player. Hell, early reports out of Bucs camp is that he has a solid chance at starting this year. If he kept his head on straight, he could have been fantastic.

You're right in saying he has never had a QB. He has put up some very good numbers with sub par QBs. He never had a season like Brandon's last year but, 1,000+ w/ the Browns wasnt bad at all and he was leading the nfl in receiving for several weeks, before getting banged up in 06. He's just another one of those guys...all the talent in the world but, no brain to speak of.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-26-2008 at 06:21 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
"sure the guy's apparently a massive douchebag, allegedly beats his wife and may be suspended for up to a year with one more mishap, but if it's all true, i REALLY hope we add him to our team."

what, are you a bengals fan?
Yes. I'm a Bengals fan. I hope he goes to Cincinnati and continues the great chemistry they have built on that team.

Jared Allen is also facing a one year suspension if he gets popped one more time, and everyone praised the Vikings for making such a bold move. Because his problems were alcohol related, does that make him any less of a douche?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Bryant could have been a very special player. Hell, early reports out of Bucs camp is that he has a solid chance at starting this year. If he kept his head on straight, he could have been fantastic.

You're right in saying he has never had a QB. He has put up some very good numbers with sub par QBs. He never had a season like Brandon's last year but, 1,000+ w/ the Browns wasnt bad at all and he was leading the nfl in receiving for several weeks, before getting banged up in 06. He's just another one of those guys...all the talent in the world but, no brain to speak of. haha.
Classic million dollar talent, two cent brain.

He does have the talent to be a #1 somewhere, but he has just never been able to put it together. If he comes out and succeeds in Tampa, good for him, maybe that'll be the day he decides to cash in that check that was given to him with that talent. Although Jeff Garcia is nothing to brag about..
Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I have Jay Cutler on 2 of my FF teams.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
i don't recall the post you originally quoted of mine (or any subsequent post) having anything to do with jared allen. as far as i'm concerned, my opnion of jared allen is irrelevant, considering that we're discussing the fact that YOU have no problem picking up an (if guilty) criminal just because he's a decent player.
Should everybody charged with a crime not be allowed to work?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if his girlfriend falsely claimed abuse what would happen to her? If she was that desperate, why didnt she just stay with him?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:52 AM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
please look into hooked on phonics.
What are you talking about? My point is that somebody shouldn't be dismissed as a human being because they broke the law. There are plenty of criminals in the USA and there's no reason that they should be completely ostracized and not allowed to work.

Instead of attacking people njx9, why don't you try to understand their argument, or would that ruin your e-reputation? I guess your moderator status puts you above the rest of the members here because you seem to have no problem posting personal attacks.