Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If he kept his head on straight, he could have been fantastic.
The Niners thought the same thing but he just couldn't. I hate to say it but I don't think he's going to keep it together. The guy is a complete headcase and it's really sad.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
there was no personal attack whatsoever in any comment in this thread. please feel free to identify any statement you thought was.

further, if you wanted to discuss a past criminal's right to work (which i have ONLY discussed in relation to the NFL) you should've said so. instead you said "charged with" implying "not found guilty of". if you want me to respond to an "argument" you should actually make it in the first place.

finally, no, i have no problem with brandon marshall going to work at a local DQ, if guilty, and i don't see anywhere where i even remotely suggested that i might. i do have a serious problem with the nfl refusing to police itself outside of a very few high-profile cases.
How about the part where you implied I can't read? That phonics comment is something you would hear on a school playground.

Why shouldn't an employer have the choice of who they want to hire, criminal or not? Should Carmello Anthony be cut by the Nuggets because he DUIed? Should a lawyer be disbarred for the same thing? People make mistakes, get over it.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
if his girlfriend falsely claimed abuse what would happen to her? If she was that desperate, why didnt she just stay with him?
If it turns out that she is lying nothing will probably happen, in a rare case she may get charged for filing a false police report but that doesn't happen to often. Sadly in America to day all a girl has to say is "that man hit me" and whether or not she is telling the truth the man will be arrested. Not gonna lie kinda messed up.

But even if she drops the charges and says she was lying he will still be guilty in the public eye for the most part
Old 06-27-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
your reading ability was quite clearly in question, i suggested a reasonable solution.

saying "please learn how to read" is not at all the same as saying "you dumb**** what a stupid ****ing comment, why don't you go ***** **** ***** ******?"

suggesting they are again implies an utter lack of reading comprehension. on the other hand, maybe you just need a thicker skin.

where did i say they don't? yet AGAIN you utterly fail to read something i've posted:

i've also talked about how, as long as fans don't care and still blindly support these idiots, nfl players will continue to get arrested and make stupid decisions.

none of this was difficult to find or interpret. you've willfully chosen, at EVERY point in this thread to either not read or completely misinterpret what have been pretty obvious statements. i stand by my suggestion that you have no reading ability whatsoever and strongly suggest that you address that before posting in the future. i'm sick of re-quoting things i've already said because you couldn't figure them out the first 3-4 times i said them.
It's OK njx9. You are still loved by the 16 year olds of NFLDC.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Quote:
by which you mean: gosh, you're right, i utterly failed at reading every single thing you said and have no response other than some chilidish bull****. why even bother posting if this is the best argument you can make? why even involve yourself in this thread?
To add my thoughts on the situation, the same reason you posted I'm assuming.

I liked your very mature "hooked on phonics" comment. I'm going to tell my niece that one to use on the playground.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Tha Boss
Rookie

Tha Boss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Regardless of what comes from this, it is rediculous that Marshall put himself in this situation again.

I have given Marshall the benefet of the doubt in the past, and tho0ught he would change, but after this many mistakes it just becomes stupid.

One more mistake and he deserves a hefty suspension, un less he is convicted of this and gets a large suspension to begin with, although i really hope that is not the case.

It is really disapointing to have someone this talented repeatedly getting in trouble even after he said he would clean it up. I wasnt wit everyone before who said he was already a bad charachter guy, because he does seem nice, but after so many **** ups you just cant excuse anyone anymore, i really hope he changes his ways...
Tha Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:35 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was just starting to get a bit optimistic about our team, and I read this. Thanks a lot Brandon.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My take on this, is the latest arrest was in march, the NFL knew about it then...and nothing has happened yet....from what ive been reading his DUI is likely to get dropped, and his past track record with is ex-gf no charges will get pressed

and if anyone of you have read he has started catching passes and there is no setback the only thing that is wrong with is hand it numbness on the top...which has nothing to do the ability to catch

So all in all I CANT WAIT for Marshall to embaress the NFL this year
Old 06-30-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
My take on this, is the latest arrest was in march, the NFL knew about it then...and nothing has happened yet....from what ive been reading his DUI is likely to get dropped, and his past track record with is ex-gf no charges will get pressed

and if anyone of you have read he has started catching passes and there is no setback the only thing that is wrong with is hand it numbness on the top...which has nothing to do the ability to catch

So all in all I CANT WAIT for Marshall to embaress the NFL this year
Just like you just "embaressed" yourself with your amazing spelling abilities?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote