Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the last thing ill say regarding the Walker situation.

If trouble always seems to "find" you, then maybe...just maybe its not trouble finding you, but the other way around. People need to make better decisions with their life, im tired of us referring to them as kids who don't know any better. No, theyre grown men who make poor decisions time to time. Those that make those poor decisions, face the repercussions. You don't spray people with champagne and NOT expect anyone to get upset.

He's either really dumb, or really arrogant. Either way, Im not gonna make any excuses for him.

As for the rest:

Im not sure if Chris Johnson can't run in between the tackles. I don't see why he can't, as long as the hole is there. I doubt he runs over ppl like Bradshaw does, but he does have the balance and vision to do it. As for Jones, I do have a feeling that he's gonna be a solid player too, it will be interesting to see which of these 2 guys does better.

As for Campbell, I think he'll be a solid qb. I don't know if he'll ever be a great one, but solid is what im expecting. One thing i dislike is his slow release, and that could be an issue with the WCO.

Blindsite, I agree. I don't understand why Peppers doesn't use the bullrush more. He shouldve built his game on the bullrush.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding Ray Lewis, yes i did use his supporting cast against him but ive realized that is wrong. Lambert had HOFers around him, Mike Singletary had the same 2 bulky style DTs up front, so why should i only hold it against Ray?

The thing with Ray is he took a PR hit the past couple of seasons. But he's still a very good MIKE even at his age now, and I think we'll truly appreciate him once he retires. For awhile, he set the bar at MIKE, and we really haven't seen a truly dominant MIKE since he started to go downhill. We've had an imitation Urlacher since, but even as great as Urlacher has been, he hasn't been close to Ray at his peak.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-Dallas shouldve taken Chris Johnson. Now Im not saying that Felix Jones is a bad choice, because he can still be very good, but Chris Johnson looks better to me, and potentially special. Everyone is killing the Titans for that pick, but I don't know if we will still be doing that by the end of this year. He looks like a very good Ahmad Bradshawesque RB.

You already know how I felt about this, my whole argument this off-season was if we wanted to pick a "complimentary" back he was the better choice, I watched film of those two quite extensively and never saw the explosiveness or 2nd gear that Chris Johnson showed, add in that he is a more natural WR and better out of the slot, better hands and alot more experience catching the ball, now I have grown on Felix and think he will be pretty solid, still don't think he would have the type of impact Chris Johnson would...Felix just had alot of tie breakers going for him in his favor, Jerry obviously had seen him play more, he was used to be a complimentary back, and one of our coaches(whose name I can't remember now) used to coach him at Arkansas, but I'm not buying that on film Felix is or was a better compliment back for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

• Love the comparison of HOF mikes...great stuff. Out of curiosity, what footage did you watch? Were you able to analyze complete games for Butkus, Lambert, and Singletary, or did you have to rely on highlights?
  • I completely agree on the Whisenhunt/Leinart thing. The whole thing is an unfortunate situation: the coach that brought Leinart in gets fired after a year, and the new coach brings in a completely different philosophy....and suddenly Leinart is no longer a good fit. Who knows, maybe they find a way to make it work....but unless Leinart has a breakout year, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see his name being shopped around next offseason.
  • Javon Walker just rubs me the wrong way. When he finally had one good year in Green Bay, he suddenly became a self-proclaimed elite WR, and demanded to be treated as such. The guy's a very good player, no doubt....but he's not as good as he thinks he is. He's the WR equivalent to DeAngelo Hall. Suggesting that he deserved what he got is a bit overboard, but he needed a good kick in the ass. I just hope the experience opened his eyes and helped him grow up a bit.
  • Mike Tice has been in Jax for a couple years now, and hasn't made much of a difference. I suspect that the big difference last year was Dirk Koetter calling the shots, along with David Garrard, who was perfectly suited for the offense, and who ran it to near perfection.
  • As a Titans fan, I'm glad somebody else finally gets the Chris Johnson pick.

Anyone who thinks of Johnson as "just another speed guy" needs to go back and watch him again. The kid's a north-south runner who runs with a lot of momentum. He isn't afraid to take a defender head-on, and when he's tackled, he almost always picks up an extra 2-3 yards after contact. He can be at full speed in 2-3 steps, and can change direction without losing momentum. (Watch him come out of a spin move at full speed...crazy).

Here's what people don't seem to get: Johnson wasn't drafted to be a running back; he was drafted to be a weapon....a playmaker. The Titans already have three guys who can pound it inside; Johnson gives them a legitimate home run threat who can score from anywhere on the field. I suspect Jeff Fisher and Mike Heimerdinger see Johnson as a combination of Reggie Bush and Devin Hester, and plan to use him as such.
  • Also, while it might sound like a homer pick, no list of modern-day bull rushers would be complete without including Kyle Vanden Bosch.....the guy is simply relentless. I just pray he'll have Strahan's longevity.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder where you rate Sam Huff in the pantheon of Middle Linebackers? Man could cover as well as any backer, 30 picks is testament to that. I think anyone who has a film named " The Violent World of Sam Huff" after him deserves a mention.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the Redskins could have a damn good offense? Not necessarily this year, but moreso next year. It all depends on their rookies and how they pan out, and how long that oline can hold up for. They have potentially a very lethal offense. The question now will be however their defense, as I have no faith that their DC will do a better job than Greg Williams did.

-Superficially, Ken Whistenhunt looked like a great hire. But now with hindsight, Ive realized it was a match made in hell. Whistenhunt loves the vertical pass game and wants to run and throw it deep. Leinart....has a lollipop arm. And we should be surprised Ken keeps toying with him and trying to extend Kurt Warner? Its a terrible fit. Whissy is a great coach, but his system just doesn't match up with Leinart's strengths. Under Dennis Green, Leinart showed flashes of greatness. The WCO fit him perfectly, they have WCO WRs, a WCO running back, and a WCO qb. I feel Leinart could be solid in the WCO, but under Whistenhunt, I don't know. I was always worried how Coughlin would ruin the development of Eli Manning, and I'm now affraid of what Whistenhunt could potentially do to Leinart.
The Redskins and the Cardinals need to switch coaches ASAP.

Whiz's offense would be a MUCH better fit for Washington. Campbell's best attribute is his deep ball and ofcourse Moss and Randel El's best attribute are deep routes. Portis and Betts can give you a 1-2 punch that can allow you to have a run-oriented offensel. Plus his offense is a much match-up for the NFC east that the NFC west.

Zorn is a WCO guy. The Cardinals are a WCO team through and through. Leinart is a WCO qb with his mid-range accuracy, Boldin is pretty much born to play the WCO and while Fitz would probably be a shade less effective, he is too good to really be held down. Edge is a serviceable back who is at a very similar stage as Alexander last year.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I assumed it was Tice, if not, then i stand corrected to a degree. Can a Jag's fan confirm or deny this?
The turnaround with Garrard probably came moreso from QB coach Mike Shula and Dirk Koetter than anything. Last offseason, Shula spent a lot of time reworking Garrard's mechanics, because he had a small hop or hitch in his dropback, especially when he was throwing the deep ball.

Mike Tice's biggest impact has come with the offensive line. They've become an absolutely dominating unit (especially in the running game) under his watch.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote