Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Here's my take

On Aaron Rogers

The Facts:
- There has been a long history of players following Vet QBs becoming very good players after a few years (ie Steve Young, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia)

- None of these players were chosen in the first day let alone the first round of the NFL Draft.

- Since 1990 (I'm sure I could go further but I think going back 18 years is good enough) There has been 1 first round QB to not play 16 games in his first 3 seasons (cumulatively) other than Aaron Rogers and yet still start one full season that player is Chad Pennington.

- There is no extreme bias against first year QBs making the playoffs (first round players).

The Conjecture:

- I've said it before and I'll say it again the drafting of Brian Brohm shows a clear lack of confidence ini Aaron Rogers or at least in his ability to stay healthy. I can't even definitively say Aaron Rogers is the best QB on his team.

On Vikings vs Packers who is better

The Facts:
- There is no telling who is better it is a futile argument each team has weaknesses that can be exploited by the other.

- Jarad Allan is one player.

- Jarad Allen is one player who lead the league in sacks last year without Pat Williams sitting next to him.

The Conjecture:
- They are even without Favre. Unproven doesn't mean the same as bad but I wouldn't put my money on either QB being better than the Median.
I'm sorry, are you lost?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know why I love Strahan? Because he didn't and won't **** with the entire Giants fan base.

That and espn hates the Giants and the Patriots, Packers, Cowboys and Bucs clearly all lost the games and the Giants didn't win them..

ok but back on topic, he's not coming back, he won't. But we all know this rumor won't die until Brett does. In 2058.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you know why I love Strahan? Because he didn't and won't **** with the entire Giants fan base.
He did hold-out the entire preseason last year and threatened to retire. I love him, but he isn't the best example here...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
He did hold-out the entire preseason last year and threatened to retire. I love him, but he isn't the best example here...
well to all you Giants fans not in the loop. I knew he was coming back the whole time, but maybe because my aunt is his personal assistant! ;)

that and I'm pretty sure he dropped hints to the team last year he was coming back. But we won't hear of him coming back. For the next 50 years.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Yeah, Strahan actually did worse than Favre. The media just didn't give it 1/10th of the attention.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything Favre does is magnified a thousand-million-billion-trillion-gazillion times

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, Strahan actually did worse than Favre. The media just didn't give it 1/10th of the attention.
Yeah, people hate Favre for the same reasons they hate ESPN. Coincidence? You really think Favre starts rumors like this?

Hitman D

Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yeah, people hate Favre for the same reasons they hate ESPN. Coincidence? You really think Favre starts rumors like this?
Ofcourse he does!

He wakes up every morning and says to himself, "Im purposly going to **** with the brains of my many fans just because im an *******!"

Seriously people the guy just gave up one of the things he loves most in life and I doubt its an easy time for him.

You guys dont think Michael Strahan doesnt wanna come back?
Or Warren Sapp?
Or anybody else who retired this year?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Ofcourse he does!

He wakes up every morning and says to himself, "Im purposly going to **** with the brains of my many fans just because im an *******!"

Seriously people the guy just gave up one of the things he loves most in life and I doubt its an easy time for him.

You guys dont think Michael Strahan doesnt wanna come back?
Or Warren Sapp?
Or anybody else who retired this year?
oh espn is just ******* *** with it, we know that. But honestly, this is what? the 3rd? 4th year there's been a "will he retire, or won't he?" and the "ZOMG will he stay retired??"

of course Stray and Sapp and Ogden will miss the game but they didn't do the whole waiting game as much as Favre has.

Then again Strahan is fine with a tv gig and that 10 table ring on his fingaaaaaa!
Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
oh espn is just ******* *** with it, we know that. But honestly, this is what? the 3rd? 4th year there's been a "will he retire, or won't he?" and the "ZOMG will he stay retired??"

of course Stray and Sapp and Ogden will miss the game but they didn't do the whole waiting game as much as Favre has.

Then again Strahan is fine with a tv gig and that 10 table ring on his fingaaaaaa!
And, like I said before, nobody would have a problem with the waiting game if it wasn't for those stupid ***** over at ESPN.

Hitman D

Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
And, like I said before, nobody would have a problem with the waiting game if it wasn't for those stupid ***** over at ESPN.
oh totally understood. ESPN slobber all over certain players/teams.

Red Sox, Yankees, Favre, Tiger, the Patriots etc.

srsly, with ALL the Favre stuff on espn, you'd think they hired John Madden
Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I really dont think everyone completly understands what Favre is going through. Football is basically all he has done his whole life.

Imagine a crackhead trying to give up crack. Except the crackhead is Brett Favre and the crack is football. I mean this in a fairly serious way.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well to all you Giants fans not in the loop. I knew he was coming back the whole time, but maybe because my aunt is his personal assistant! ;)

that and I'm pretty sure he dropped hints to the team last year he was coming back. But we won't hear of him coming back. For the next 50 years.
Come on, Brett is going to die in 2012 just like everyone else ;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BP should find a way to get him. Nothing like having an old Romo run the show. :)

By the sound of everything I heard today, he really wants to come back and his family is pushing him to do so. Could be rumor, could be a little truth there. In either case, I couldnt really picture him playing elsewhere but, I dont think the Packers will be taking him back either. Maybe Atlanta but, I just dont know. It doesnt seem likely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-02-2008 at 10:44 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Why wouldnt we take him back?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason we wouldn't take him back is because he's not coming back. If he wanted to, though, we would take him.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why wouldnt we take him back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
The only reason we wouldn't take him back is because he's not coming back. If he wanted to, though, we would take him.
http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/s...2&postcount=95
Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I have thought the same things too. And that post is like a worst-case (but also most likely) scenario.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They seem like they've moved on. Aaron isnt getting any younger and Brohm was drafted w/ a high pick. Yes, Favre is a legend and has done amazing things for Green Bay but, Aaron deserves his shot and it looks like they are ready to move on into the next era. Favre cant play forever and he really has no one to blame but himself if he does want to come back now. I honestly think he's done anyway...so, it's probably going to be a non issue but, a Favre return could cause some problems in the locker room. The Rodgers situation really hasnt been handled properly from the get go and this would just make things worse.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I still dont think it was fair to Favre for the organization to draft a QB in the '05 draft. I know we were looking to the future, but at the time it seemed like Ted Thompson said F.U. Brett Favre we're moving on. Clearly its worked out pretty well, but at the time I think Favre felt betrayed.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I still dont think it was fair to Favre for the organization to draft a QB in the '05 draft. I know we were looking to the future, but at the time it seemed like Ted Thompson said F.U. Brett Favre we're moving on. Clearly its worked out pretty well, but at the time I think Favre felt betrayed.
Disagree completely on that. Drafting Aaron Rodgers was 100% the right move at the time. A top QB prospect fell into our laps and Favre could have easily retired after that season. We'd have been crazy to pass up that opportunity.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/663221.html

all rumor, hopefully we can move on until the start of training camp when another story like this will pop up......
Old 07-02-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I don't think it does to be honest. I think if I was building a team Id want my starter, a vet backup and a young developmental guy.

Schaub was great trade bait and has he stuck in atlanta would now be a good starter.

Favre was the same deal, as was hasselbeck as was aaron rogers (though he's a bag of ass).

Delhomme is another guy who was a backup.

Say rogers goes out, lights it up for a year or two and gets injured brohm comes in closes out the season and does well. In the offseason GB could find great draft picks in an exchange for him. If he gets a career ending injury then they've got insurance.

A 2nd round pick on a team with no major weaknesses is a good way to invest in the future which is what I see the pick as.
The Matt Schaub and Brian Brohm situations are very very different. Michael Vick was an established starter by time Schaub was drafted Aaron Rogers hasn't played a full season's worth of games in his NFL career.

Yeah many QBs start as backups for their first year or even their first 2 years in the league ( as far as high round draft choices go)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Can we lock this yet?

Hitman D

Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Can we lock this yet?
God, im so confused right now. Please lock it.