Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default If you want a RB, which do you want?

Here are the options:
Correll Buckhalter
Corey Dillon
Marcell Shipp
Adrian Peterson (The one that played for the Bears)
Michael Bush
Brian Leonard
Tony Hunt
Nate Ilaoa
Kenny Irons
Brandon Jackson
Dwayne Wright
Lorenzo Booker
DeShawn Wynn
Darius Walker
Antonio Pittman
Steve Baylark
Alonzo Coleman.
I am a strong beleiver that the Eagles will draft a RB on day one or somewhere in the draft. Not all of these are first day guys, some may even go undrafted. The truth is, you need two good RBs in the NFL now and another one is needed. Tell me who you would want. Me, I say Leonard, no matter how much the rest of you may hate the idea.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 03-01-2007 at 05:44 PM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really like Adrian Peterson. He runs hard, and he's a good special teamer. We could get him pretty cheap and he is a good backup. Plus thats a need we could take care of completely and not need to address in the draft. Kenny Irons while awesome is probably the last player we need. He's talented but he's very similar to Westbrook and Moats. If we bring in another back he needs to be from medium to big range. Irons is a little too small.

Also Jamal Lewis is now an option, not that I want him at all.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Antonio Pittman would be a very good fit, but to get him we would have to use our third and he still might not be there. I am not too keen on using a second on him but if he were there and we addressed the defense in the first two rounds, I would not mind the pick.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles probably won't use a first day pick on a RB unless they trade back and accumulate extra picks. I am about 95% certain of this. There are more important holes to fill on the DLine, LB corps, and secondary to go spending a high-ish pick on a RB to take 5-10 snaps a game.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could add Verron Haynes to that list, he got cut today.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my top five:
1. Brian Leonard
2. Tony Hunt
3. Nate Ilaoa
4. Dwayne Wright
5. DeShawn Wynn

Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Darius Walker alot, he showed that he is a great athelete at the combine, and he can catch. I know we have a couple of those now but he can contribute.

Other than him I'd rank them

1. Leonard
2. Nate Ilaoa
3. Michael Bush
4. Brandon Jackson
5. Adrian Peterson
Old 03-02-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Walker is a much slower Westbrook. Zero need for him.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone has a big boner for Leonard. I don't see him as an Eagle at this point. He's just not their type of player.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

What do you mean not their type of player? He is a great runner and an excellent receiver, he is athletic and agile, a great team player, and a local guy. If you ask me, thats exactly what AR looks for in a player, and it is just an added bonus that he is local. (See Westbrook, L.J., among others.)

Old 03-03-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

The Eagles are on Chris Brown's shortlist.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-03-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

According to who? Where did you get this info? Wouldn't he be way too expensive?

Old 03-03-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recall seeing it on Yahoo Sports and on NFL.com as well, if I find the link before anyone else does I'll post it. I don't think he'd be too expensive because he's been kind of injury prone the past few years. His problem is he's a power back, but he runs too upright. But he may be a good fit for us as a complement, he's still young and not too far removed from having a 1,000 yard season or two. And don't forget, he also forced Eddie George out of Tennessee a couple of years back too.
Bigp5437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that guy that said about darius walker having a good combine, hahahah he didnt at all man. look at SI.com, espn.com, yahoo.com among other, he was one of the "losers" of the combine cuz he left early and sucked at the combine showing speeds in the range i have seen 4.6-4.8. on the eagles website he said the eagles would be LOOKING at a rb in free agency and wouldnt draft one of somethin like that and he suggested sammy morris. it was KFFL that reported our interest in chris brown. and this a pointless thread because we dont need a rb, we have much more and bigger needs
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Everyone has a big boner for Leonard. I don't see him as an Eagle at this point. He's just not their type of player.
exactly...and poslusny too

Last edited by mpt117 : 03-03-2007 at 02:53 PM.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Heard Chris Brown had a meeting with the Eagles or will have one soon. What does this mean for our offense?

Old 03-03-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

It means people can finally shut up about that big back stuff. I like Brown too. Anything at $3M or under is fine with me.

It also shows that they finally realize they should committ to the run.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-03-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I would be fine with signing Chris Brown, as long as he is in the <3mil. range.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Brown would be an excellent signing. A reduced role is perfect for him since he is so injury prone because he runs completely upright. He would be an excellent #2 option at RB.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
What do you mean not their type of player? He is a great runner and an excellent receiver, he is athletic and agile, a great team player, and a local guy. If you ask me, thats exactly what AR looks for in a player, and it is just an added bonus that he is local. (See Westbrook, L.J., among others.)
what do you mean hes a local guy hes from upstate ny..
hugepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I meant he's from a local college, just like Westbrook and L.J.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rob331
Rookie

Rob331 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

5th round - Chris Henry Arizona - sub 4.5 and over 230 lbs
Old 03-18-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

^ I wouldn't mind that pick, but I am not a fan of people with questionable work ethic. He kind of reminds me of Bruce Perry but a little bigger.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Heard the analogy he looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. I don't want him at all.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Hunt.....

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote