Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

No Joe Staley at LT? Snubbed!

But for real, he is going to be a revelation at his natural position this year.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Was it you who said he was an absolutely punishing back and a great receiver out of the backfield last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
I remember reading that. I believe it was right after the draft when somebody was reviewing the Packers draft, but I'm not sure who it was.
It was actually Steven Jackson he was talking about.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty spot on with Bengals players though I think Jonathan Joseph will have the biggest break out this season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

A Bengal to start and finish the list, yay.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No DeAngelo Williams love.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Reggie Bush is going to have a monster year. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I hope so. I wouldn't mind seeing AJ Hawk doing well this year also.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
No DeAngelo Williams love.
It's gonna be kind of hard for DeAngelo to have a breakout year when you all just drafted a workhorse runningback in the first round
Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't necessarily agree. Stewart still hasn't played a down in the NFL and even though I think he'll be a good player there's still a lot of ? marks in how his game will translate to the NFL.

I'm not forgetting Fox's seemingly passionate disdain for removing starters from the RB position either.

I don't mind the chances of Drew Stanton just quietly either. Everyone forgot about the kid after his season ending injury but I can't really see detroit plugging away with Kitna year after year to let a 2nd round pick chill on the sidelines for another season.

Last edited by BlindSite : 07-04-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I don't mind the chances of Drew Stanton just quietly either. Everyone forgot about the kid after his career ending injury but I can't really see detroit plugging away with Kitna year after year to let a 2nd round pick chill on the sidelines for another season.
Players usually fade off into the sunset after those. You know, when they actually happen.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to see Jovan Haye and Arron Sears on the list because they definiteld deserve to be there. Another Buccaneers to watch out for is Jeremy Trueblood, who I absolutely love. I'm also partial to Paris Warren who tore up his ankle last pre-season. Hopefully he gets a chance on the team.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Yeah he isn't exactly outperforming probowlers in Foxboro. I personally want more than 700 yards and 5 touchdowns from a "breakout" Wide receiver.
For a guy coming out of nowhere and no production what so ever before that? My point is I just don't like when somebody comes out and says this year will be Santonio Holmes breakout year, a guy that has already broken out, those are just numbers thrown out for Jackson, but he's still a great pick for a breakout player, he is already past Gaffney on the depth chart, and with his skill set it wouldn't be tough to put up 1000 yds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Oh my god, somebody noticed Justin Durant outside of Jacksonville.
I have been noticing this guy since he performed at the combines, always thought he was physically gifted and when I did get to see him on the field he ALWAYS stood out, I wish I had seen more of him to know what to expect, but I am excited to see what he can do when his role gets increased...If I'm not mistaken almost all of those Hampton guys are doing pretty well that went to the combines together that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
No bear? :(

btw: Troy Williamson is gonna have a break out year? :D :D :D
Your not alone, No Lions love either even after we supposedly drafted the greatest prospect at WR ever...CJ "Jesus".

I would think he will have a better year than his rookie one. especially after he has had time to recover from his back injury.

Bclion
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
No bear? :(

btw: Troy Williamson is gonna have a break out year? :D :D :D
Prisco ain't blowing smoke: I went to the Jaguars mini-camp and Williamson looked great.

Now I'm not saying that he's going to breakout... but I can't discount the possibility. I could see him developing into a solid 3rd/Slot Receiver role and getting 800 yards and 4 TDs a year down the road.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
It was actually Steven Jackson he was talking about.
It was Brandon, I'm 99.99999999% sure.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Prisco ain't blowing smoke: I went to the Jaguars mini-camp and Williamson looked great.

Now I'm not saying that he's going to breakout... but I can't discount the possibility. I could see him developing into a solid 3rd/Slot Receiver role and getting 800 yards and 4 TDs a year down the road.
He looked great in shorts.

He's got keary Colbert syndrome, he'll be lights out in the preseason, he'll probably have a massive grab in one of your PS games too, but then he'll go and do absolutely nothing for 16 weeks.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

i'm a little surprised that out of 30 players there are no panthers, it would seem we have a couple that could: hackett, marshall, deangelo. i would put any of them in instead of troy freakin williamson but w/e
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, why are you guys expecting a 3rd down RB to "breakout", please tell me what type of stats you are expecting from him that would qualify him to make this list.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He looked great in shorts.

He's got keary Colbert syndrome, he'll be lights out in the preseason, he'll probably have a massive grab in one of your PS games too, but then he'll go and do absolutely nothing for 16 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how you manage to incorporate the Panthers in every single one of your posts.
I just couldn't help it.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

huh, where are you getting 3rd down back from? at best he'll be the starter receiving the majority of the carries for the season as stewart adapts to an nfl offense and at worst he'll be splitting carries evenly with stewart. the only reason williams wasn't in more plays last season is because fox didn't believe his pass blocking was up to scratch, apparently it's now improved so i guess the team has more confidence in him.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooberon View Post
huh, where are you getting 3rd down back from? at best he'll be the starter receiving the majority of the carries for the season as stewart adapts to an nfl offense and at worst he'll be splitting carries evenly with stewart. the only reason williams wasn't in more plays last season is because fox didn't believe his pass blocking was up to scratch, apparently it's now improved so i guess the team has more confidence in him.
Again, since you want him to be listed as a breakthrough player please tell me what type of stats your expecting...Don't just throw his name out without anything to back it up.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just couldn't help it.
Did you do it for the lolz? Cause it worked.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Did you do it for the lolz? Cause it worked.
Of course i did it for the Lawlzzzzz. We had a little run in on the Talib thread because of that. It's quite funny actually, how he tries denying it.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TROY WILLIAMSON!?!!?!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA LMFAO!!!!!!!

hahahaha
but for real.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Again, since you want him to be listed as a breakthrough player please tell me what type of stats your expecting
ok... somewhere in the region of 1500 APY and 10 TD's (although this might be lower if stewart gets the goalline carries)

Quote:
...Don't just throw his name out without anything to back it up.
i didn't.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:47 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just couldn't help it.
You waste time copying and pasting stuff, but you fail to realize not one of the players in that post are Panthers... awesome effort. Got anything to offer to a football conversation? Normally you just post crap, might be time to actually contribute?

Quote:
Again, since you want him to be listed as a breakthrough player please tell me what type of stats your expecting...Don't just throw his name out without anything to back it up.
As for DeAngelo Williams I expect totals in the vicinity of

280-290 (18 - 20 a game) carries
1250 yards (78 yards a game)
7 TDs (I expect Stewart to be a goal line vulture) somewhere around 45 receptions.

He's not really a third down back and never has been. He's more been a split carry kind of guy who's involved in specific packages. Obviously that was somewhat limited last year by the lack of legitimate threat at quarterback but he's shown he can make plays.

The above expectations aren't out of this world. In fact they're pretty common numbers for first time starters with experience.

Last edited by BlindSite : 07-05-2008 at 03:55 AM.