Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 07-07-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens predictions

List some, they can be bold or not bold.

-Haloti Ngata will be the best player on our defense

Yes this is bold, but Ngata has worlds of talent and is very young. With Reed,Lewis and Cmac aging, and Suggs has disapeared at some points last season I think he makes the step and is the best one.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

- Troy Smith will start all the games this season.

- Dawan Landry will hold his own or be as good as Ed Reed this season and proves he is a Pro Bowl caliber safety.

- Demetrius Williams will be healthy and get some Pro Bowl considerations.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think D-will gets overrated on here, yes he can be good, but w/ our current QB situation I don't see how he can be considered a pro bowler
Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I still think that he has the most potential out of all our wideouts but this success all depends on Troy Smith(preferably) or Joe Flacco; Kyle Boller can't do anything. And I know that he probably won't be a pro bowler, but I do think that if he reaches somewhere near his potential, he can get a little consideration.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ooo you just opened up pandora box there.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

troy will start all games barring injury, and plays pretty decent.
i agree ngata will be huge this next year.
the offense looks stable and win us a few more games.
heap gets close to a probowl birth.
suggs 9.0+ sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Agreed, Terrell will be bounce back this year.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Ravens1991, Ngata's beakout year is bound to happen, Hes loads of talent around him, hes got loads of talent in him, and hes just in the right system. I expect great things out of him. Also, I think Willis McGahee will be an even better this year with Cameron as our cordinator and as for our WR's, they are too inconsistent for me to make any predictions. However, if Demetrius Williams can stay healthy I can see him being our #1 WR. Also, I think Todd Heap will be a big part of our offense this year, he should really help our Troy Smith (or whoever is at QB)

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 07-08-2008 at 07:28 AM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
List some, they can be bold or not bold.

-Haloti Ngata will be the best player on our defense

Yes this is bold, but Ngata has worlds of talent and is very young. With Reed,Lewis and Cmac aging, and Suggs has disapeared at some points last season I think he makes the step and is the best one.
it is bold! u couldve underlined it too

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tavares Gooden well make a few plays and give us a glimpse of his potential...Our CB situation will be stable and S-Rolle wont make as many mistakes with the help of Fabian...and McGahee will play even better than last season because we wont have a coach that passes on 2nd and 1...than 3rd and 1...than decides why not and tries again on 4th and 1....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could really see gooden having a good year and have him step in next year after we dont resign bart scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I think Tavares Gooden well make a few plays and give us a glimpse of his potential...Our CB situation will be stable and S-Rolle wont make as many mistakes with the help of Fabian...and McGahee will play even better than last season because we wont have a coach that passes on 2nd and 1...than 3rd and 1...than decides why not and tries again on 4th and 1....

And those plays are after McGahee just got us a 9 yard run. I do agree McGahee will do good in Camerons system.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Yamon Figurs be a big pat of ur offense next year

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:29 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I could see Yamon Figurs be a big pat of ur offense next year
Offense?? or did you mean special teams? Hes to small to play WR but I could see him being brought in on some plays with reverses, hail mary's, and other trick plays where his speed can really help out, but I cant see him as a full time WR. Just my 2 cents.

Also, I think Heap and McGahee will both put up Pro Bowl numbers with Cameron as our cordinator, I think signing him was probably our best offseason move.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the defense rebounds and plays more like the attacking defense of 2006. If Samari (although I won't be surprised if Washington supplants him as the starter by seasons end) and CMac stay healthy, we can afford to play that way, and Pryce coming back will be a huge plus cause his pass rushing ability is a ton better than Dwan Edwards.

D-Will starts over Clayton, but neither have that good of a year, although the receptions will be more evenly spread out with them Mason, and Heap.

Ray Rice will be a significant contributor, catching passes out of the backfield, and giving us a true quality backup.

Troy Smith starts until the line gels. If he is doing well he stays, and if not, Flacco will get the go earlieer than he should.

Antwan Barnes takes a lot of snaps away from Jarrett Johnson, who is relegated at the end of the season to a base 43 end role mostly.

We finish around .500
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Boller will have the most starts of any Raven QB this season.

Demetrius Williams will lead the team in receiving TDs and receiving yards, but selfish Derrick Mason will catch 108 balls for 307 yards as per usual.

Dan Cody will have a registered sack by the end of the first half of this season!

Jared Gaither will take hold of the LT position here for this year and many more to come.

Haruki Nakamura and Tom Zbikowski will be special teams studs!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and this one is really goin out on a crazy limb but here ya go.....

Todd Heap starts a career high 4 games in one season and actually earns 1 or 2 game checks this season...............actually no chance he plays 4 games.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 07-20-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If Cody actually gets a sack, hopefully the whole stadium gives him a standing ovation.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Kyle Boller will have the most starts of any Raven QB this season.
And the rest of the AFCN breaks out in spontaneous applause as the Ravens would single handedly take themselves out of contention and start planning for next years draft.
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I highly doubt we will be in any contention. Boller sucks, Flacco is a unknown and needs time to develop. Troy Smith is also a bit of an unknown as well.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Seriously, I can't believe Boller still has a job. Smith may be the best option at this point, but see Flacco getting his chance if he shows something in camp for you guys.

As for contention, I honestly think with the schedule of the AFCN, all teams could be closer than most might think. The two different games the teams play in regards to their finish last season could go a long way to determine the final outcome of the North.

We will see...
Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

well he was kept around because he knew BIllick system, I guess we still keep him because every OC loves his athletic tools.

One thing that is interesting is that from the QB Cameron has produced (Rivers and Brees) Flacco doesnt fit that mold nor does any other of our QB really. I guess the closest is Troy Smith.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
well he was kept around because he knew BIllick system, I guess we still keep him because every OC loves his athletic tools.

One thing that is interesting is that from the QB Cameron has produced (Rivers and Brees) Flacco doesnt fit that mold nor does any other of our QB really. I guess the closest is Troy Smith.
I know you're biased because of your hatred but Kyle Boller is much closer to a Philip Rivers/Drew Brees than Troy Smith is.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I was mainly thinking of the 2 young QBs... I didnt say that in my original post. Either way none of our QB are like Rivers/Brees

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 07-21-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Boller is much closer to hot garbage and not much more...