Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-28-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ideal Mock Draft

post your ideal mock draft.

I'll post mine later tonight. It really hinders on keeping Allen. If we don't then I don't know I'll make a new one.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I smell soomething fishy that we aren't catching onto

and without further adieu(sp.)

my final Mock Draft Chiefs Style a realistic look

1st Round- Aaron Ross/Chris Houston
2nd Round- Tony Ugoh
3rd Round- Ikaika Alma Francis or Kareem Brown
5th Round-Brandon Myles
6th round A- Nate Harris ILB Louisville
6th round B-Kasey Studdard Guard, Texas
7th Round- Eldra Buckley RB

THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER

for some reasonnnnn i dont see addressing Wide 1st day.

i have a funny feeling herm will not address it first day
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

1. Robert Meachem WR
2. Eric Wright CB
3. Kareem Brown/Justin Harrell DT
5. Mario Henderson/Brandon Frye OT
6. Micheal Okwo LB
6. Cory Anderson FB
7. Kasey Studdard OG
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 1. Levi Brown
Round 2. Jon Beason
Round 3. Jason Hill
Round 5. Jonathan Wade
Round 6. Alan Barber
Round 6. Leron McCalin
Round 7. Justin Medlock
Old 03-01-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm assuming Kawika is going to leave, leaving a big gaping hold in our defense.
Trade Down with SD their first and third for our 23rd pick(They take up Meachem), we take Patrick WIllis
2. Tony Ugoh, LT
3a. Johnathan Wade, CB
3b. Kareem Brown/Justin Harrell
(Could we trade out Green with Oakland for their fourth rounder? That'd be a nightmare for me, so I don't want to speculate)
5.Garrett Wolfe, RB
6aMike Jones, G
6b. Brandon Myles, WR
7.BPA
Old 03-01-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

IF MITCHELL LEAVES:

1. Robert Meachem
2. Tony Ugoh
3. Desmond Bishop
5. Anthony Airline
6. Joe Cohen
7. Eldra Buckley or Alonzo Coleman
Quote:
Old 03-02-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mitchell walks

1. Patrick Willis
2. Tony Ugoh
3. Jason Hill
5. Jonathan Wade
6. Alan Barber
6. LeRon McClain
7. Yamon Figurs
Old 03-02-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
If Mitchell walks

1. Patrick Willis
2. Tony Ugoh
3. Jason Hill
5. Jonathan Wade
6. Alan Barber
6. LeRon McClain
7. Yamon Figurs
No chance we get Figurs in the 7th? I highly highly doubt Wade will be there in the 5th also.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
No chance we get Figurs in the 7th? I highly highly doubt Wade will be there in the 5th also.

Yea, I agree, I'm was perplexed between John Wade and Tanard Jackon from Syracuse. I picked John Wade because I like him better.

Also, how do you guys' get info on prospects in the later rounds? I've never even heard of Figurs. I guess that must be a regional thing, because everyone around where I live(Davenport, IA) is all about the Hawkeye Lineman. But once again I have no basis for selecting him.

Another problem I have is why people want KC to pick Cb's in the first round. I thought Herm doesn't pick CB's in the 1st round. Also, we have more pressing needs right? I hope Willis is there when we pick.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
USAF Chief

What makes Willis any more of a "necessity" than a CB? According to our current roster we are fine at MLB and LB in general is probably one of our strongest areas to be honest.

CB's like Houston don't come around often and can be game changers on defense. True it's not our most pressing need, but in the event a star corner fell to us, I wouldn't turn him down to reach for a player of need.

Law/Surtain are going to be on a steep decline shortly and we'll need young talent at corner and we gotta get someone first day to compete.

If we pick any combination of CB/DT/LT/WR in the first day I'll be happy most likely.

Im also a fan of trading LJ for an additional first round pick. 4 first day picks equals potentially all 4 of those positions being filled.

Trade Trent and we get more cap room and space to sign a project player that could do big things (someone like Jacoby Jones or Yamon Figurs)

Later.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea, I agree, I'm was perplexed between John Wade and Tanard Jackon from Syracuse. I picked John Wade because I like him better.

Also, how do you guys' get info on prospects in the later rounds? I've never even heard of Figurs. I guess that must be a regional thing, because everyone around where I live(Davenport, IA) is all about the Hawkeye Lineman. But once again I have no basis for selecting him.

Another problem I have is why people want KC to pick Cb's in the first round. I thought Herm doesn't pick CB's in the 1st round. Also, we have more pressing needs right? I hope Willis is there when we pick.
I would love to get Jonathan Wade being a fan of his, but he'd be better as a 3rd round pick. Figurs plays for K-State and living in Kansas i saw him a fair amount and he has the potential to be a top return man in the game. With the emergence of Hester I think that a top returner can shoot up draft boards, and especially after he ran a 4.3.

Well if you think about it past Okoye and Branch there is a big drop off at DT. There are alot of good 1st round CB's in this draft with Revis, Hall, Houston, Ross that could all be future studs. I hope Willis is there whe we pick too, but he's the only 1st round LB i would want. WR is also a need, but there is fairly good depth there and personally i'm a fan of taking a 1st round WR, but we've gotten by with so-so recievers in the past. After JT and Levi there is a big drop off in LT, and we could get a good one in the 2nd.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Chief View Post
Im also a fan of trading LJ for an additional first round pick. 4 first day picks equals potentially all 4 of those positions being filled.

Later.
potentially is the main word there and the chance of us getting 4 quality starters are not great.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
USAF Chief

Herm proved last year his ability to draft well. Don't count him out yet.

We aren't looking for pro-bowlers in their first season, and to be quite honest we don't need them to be (although it would be nice)

Assuming a DT/CB combo could come in and start for our defense I could see our D being much better.

If we got a WR/LT combo they would improve our offense greatly I believe also.

Draft:

Trade LJ for top 15 pick
Trade Green for a 4th or 5th
1A. Chris Houston
1B. Robert Meachem
2. Joe Staley
3. Ryan McBean
4. RB (not sure who, but pick a runner here if we get 4th for Trent)
OR
5A. RB here
5B. OL prospect or Yamon Figurs
6. BPA
7. BPA

Houston/McBean/Staley/Meachem .... 4 starters potentially that could do big things in their first year. Sign another FA DT to start opposite McBean and find a starter at RT and we are good.

Later.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Herm proved last year his ability to draft well. Don't count him out yet.

We aren't looking for pro-bowlers in their first season, and to be quite honest we don't need them to be (although it would be nice)

Assuming a DT/CB combo could come in and start for our defense I could see our D being much better.

If we got a WR/LT combo they would improve our offense greatly I believe also.

Draft:

Trade LJ for top 15 pick
Trade Green for a 4th or 5th
1A. Chris Houston
1B. Robert Meachem
2. Joe Staley
3. Ryan McBean
4. RB (not sure who, but pick a runner here if we get 4th for Trent)
OR
5A. RB here
5B. OL prospect or Yamon Figurs
6. BPA
7. BPA

Houston/McBean/Staley/Meachem .... 4 starters potentially that could do big things in their first year. Sign another FA DT to start opposite McBean and find a starter at RT and we are good.

Later.

Yes, but there is no perfect science to drafting you not going to be great everytime. You would want to trade LJ and not want to pick a RB 1st day?? You wan't to stick Micheal Bennett and a 4th round pick in there?? I don't really see the logic there.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
USAF Chief

I don't think you need a first day running back more than you need the other positions. We could survive with the latter for this year (especially if we are considering this a "rebuilding" year like everyone keeps talking) then we have no reason to keep a back like LJ and allow him to leave and let's get a young guy that can make a difference instead.

If we fill our holes this year and suffer through a season, we can spend a first day pick next year to get someone else (but then again who says a 4th round back can't be productive enough?)

Later.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
What makes Willis any more of a "necessity" than a CB? According to our current roster we are fine at MLB and LB in general is probably one of our strongest areas to be honest.

CB's like Houston don't come around often and can be game changers on defense. True it's not our most pressing need, but in the event a star corner fell to us, I wouldn't turn him down to reach for a player of need.

Law/Surtain are going to be on a steep decline shortly and we'll need young talent at corner and we gotta get someone first day to compete.

If we pick any combination of CB/DT/LT/WR in the first day I'll be happy most likely.

Trade Trent and we get more cap room and space to sign a project player that could do big things (someone like Jacoby Jones or Yamon Figurs)

Later.
I can see your point, I think philosophers call it an utilitarian argument, trade one for many, so many can benefit.
Ok, but one, LJ is the center peice of our offense. He's a big, tough strong runner. I personally think that McGahee is none of that. What I like about Willis is not only is he a stud MLB, but he's also a good character guy. Something you don't see too often(watch he's caught smoking crack or something while I write this eh?).

I agree that stud CB's don't come around too often(I saw some clips of Chris Houston just ripping apart of Wide Reciever and got chills), but I would argue that John Wade could be a stud cornerback and would start in the first season. With Kawika Mitchell leaving, Our Linebacking core would be set for years to come with picking Willis up(Bell, Willis and Johnson)

I think your right, in the end, you need to go with the BPA. You don't want to pass up a guy who can definately change the game.Also, Herm can draft well. Lastly, I don't see him drafting a WR too high either. He's pretty high on Jeff Webb( can anyone tell me what they think about him?). So if we go Defense first round, LT second, that's the start of a fantastic draft to me.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:03 AM    (permalink
USAF Chief

But I don't think we need to spend a 1st round pick right now on a position like MLB because although we have been talking about no more FA band-aids I think we could easily bring in a Donnie Edwards (a veteran with a TON of experience in all types of defense and a great MLB) who could be kept on in the event we draft a MLB next year because they will surely need taught.

LJ is the center of our offense, but the fact of the matter is that with another 350-400 carry season, he's going to be done. Why not trade him now while he still has value and get a great young player for him? I think we can find a 1200-1400 yard rusher early in day 2 or thru FA that will work. If you think about it we'll have more options next year with a young WR, and possibly a few other WRs (Webb, Hannon) so the gameplan **potentially** will not be "LJ to the Left, LJ to the Right, LJ Up the Middle"

If you look at history, STUD CB's change a defense. They are able to provide great coverage and good tackling but what they really bring to the table are those moments when they are able to provide the game changing interceptions. Look at Champ Bailey and Chris McAlister for example. They are vital to their team(s) success.

I'm one of the guys willing to take one for the team and would give up a star at one position to get 4 guys who can produce because the overall team would be better.

Later.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
But I don't think we need to spend a 1st round pick right now on a position like MLB because although we have been talking about no more FA band-aids I think we could easily bring in a Donnie Edwards (a veteran with a TON of experience in all types of defense and a great MLB) who could be kept on in the event we draft a MLB next year because they will surely need taught.

LJ is the center of our offense, but the fact of the matter is that with another 350-400 carry season, he's going to be done. Why not trade him now while he still has value and get a great young player for him? I think we can find a 1200-1400 yard rusher early in day 2 or thru FA that will work. If you think about it we'll have more options next year with a young WR, and possibly a few other WRs (Webb, Hannon) so the gameplan **potentially** will not be "LJ to the Left, LJ to the Right, LJ Up the Middle"

If you look at history, STUD CB's change a defense. They are able to provide great coverage and good tackling but what they really bring to the table are those moments when they are able to provide the game changing interceptions. Look at Champ Bailey and Chris McAlister for example. They are vital to their team(s) success.

I'm one of the guys willing to take one for the team and would give up a star at one position to get 4 guys who can produce because the overall team would be better.

Later.
I think you and Herm are are a bit to optimistic. Like you said earlier if this year is a "rebuilding" then why overpay an old LB when we have somewhat adequete replacements. Name one 2nd day RB who got 1200-1400 yards his 1st year or a FA that you think can get those yards with our line??? If Herm really like Webb so much and he has the potential to be a #1 reciever why didn't he get jack for playing time? Was Hannon ever even called up last year? There is NOT an exact science to drafting. I'm sure even Herm has drafted bust. DeWayne Robertson isn't a bust, but he definitely hasn't lived up to his pick. The Croyle pick right now doesn't look like such a great pick. Not everyone of his picks are going to be able to come in produce especially not right away.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I like the idea of going CB/WR first round: Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, Houston, Revis, Ross.
2nd round get Ugoh or Staley if neither available then go for Mebane or Mcbean
3rd round a wr like allison, baker, paul williams, stuckey, jones or a OT if we haven't gotten one like Henderson or Marten
Quote:
Old 03-03-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
I think you and Herm are are a bit to optimistic. Like you said earlier if this year is a "rebuilding" then why overpay an old LB when we have somewhat adequete replacements. Name one 2nd day RB who got 1200-1400 yards his 1st year or a FA that you think can get those yards with our line??? If Herm really like Webb so much and he has the potential to be a #1 reciever why didn't he get jack for playing time? Was Hannon ever even called up last year? There is NOT an exact science to drafting. I'm sure even Herm has drafted bust. DeWayne Robertson isn't a bust, but he definitely hasn't lived up to his pick. The Croyle pick right now doesn't look like such a great pick. Not everyone of his picks are going to be able to come in produce especially not right away.
I agree with that. Herm Edwards is not a perfect drafter. Our draft last year was one of the greatest in recent KC history. In the year-end press conference, Herm said he expects Webb to be a dynamic reciever next season. As for Croyle, No one really knows. I haven't read anywhere that speculates that he's going to suck. I thought his big problem coming out of high school is that he gets injured alot, a thing that can be quickly remedied by Strength Training, etc. But other than that, he has all the tools to be a really good QB.
Also, Was LJ even out for a game this year? IF that's true why wouldn't you expect LJ to keep going at that pace? I haven't looked at the Bills OLine, but I think I can assume it's alot better than ours and he still didn't churn out the yards like LJ did.
Yes, a STUD CB can change the game, but so can any position. Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Champ Bailey, all studs who can literally take over a game. Look at the bears the Mr. Brian Urlacher. Who would you take if they were draft picks...Champ Bailey, or Brian Urlacher? Personally, I would take Urlacher.
So Hook' em. What would you do? Would you trade LJ for a potentially four starters?
Old 03-03-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree with that. Herm Edwards is not a perfect drafter. Our draft last year was one of the greatest in recent KC history. In the year-end press conference, Herm said he expects Webb to be a dynamic reciever next season. As for Croyle, No one really knows. I haven't read anywhere that speculates that he's going to suck. I thought his big problem coming out of high school is that he gets injured alot, a thing that can be quickly remedied by Strength Training, etc. But other than that, he has all the tools to be a really good QB.
Also, Was LJ even out for a game this year? IF that's true why wouldn't you expect LJ to keep going at that pace? I haven't looked at the Bills OLine, but I think I can assume it's alot better than ours and he still didn't churn out the yards like LJ did.
Yes, a STUD CB can change the game, but so can any position. Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Champ Bailey, all studs who can literally take over a game. Look at the bears the Mr. Brian Urlacher. Who would you take if they were draft picks...Champ Bailey, or Brian Urlacher? Personally, I would take Urlacher.
So Hook' em. What would you do? Would you trade LJ for a potentially four starters?
I was never a fan of Croyle coming out of college. I always saw him as more of a game manager than a player that can win games for you. He has decent accuracy and good arm strength, but not necessarily a good deep ball. Until he does at least something to somewhat show he he can be player in this league my opinion is going to be the same. In the past it shows that after RB's have a 400+ carry yard season their production drops which is probably what he's baseing it off of. POTENTIAL is the main word there. We could probably get a 1st, a mid rounder this year, and maybe a mid rounder next year. So i'll say 3 instead of 4, and chances are only 2 of them will be starters and we'll be lucky if one is a star. LJ is an elite player in this league, the best player on our team, and the 2nd best player in the league. No I would not trade him for a 1st rounder and a a couple mid-rounders.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
I was never a fan of Croyle coming out of college. I always saw him as more of a game manager than a player that can win games for you. He has decent accuracy and good arm strength, but not necessarily a good deep ball. Until he does at least something to somewhat show he he can be player in this league my opinion is going to be the same. In the past it shows that after RB's have a 400+ carry yard season their production drops which is probably what he's baseing it off of. POTENTIAL is the main word there. We could probably get a 1st, a mid rounder this year, and maybe a mid rounder next year. So i'll say 3 instead of 4, and chances are only 2 of them will be starters and we'll be lucky if one is a star. LJ is an elite player in this league, the best player on our team, and the 2nd best player in the league. No I would not trade him for a 1st rounder and a a couple mid-rounders.
I think that is why Green and Herm don't see Eye-to-eye offensively. Green prospered in a system where it was normal to chuck it 40 yards downfield. Herm wants clock control, short passes, run,run,run. I don't really see Herm trading LJ away. RB's production drops after a 400+ carry season, So I think if we were to trade out LJ, now would be the time. However, this could be resolved by a dual-back system for a power-running clock control offense, but that leaves another quandry...LJ don't like to share the rock.
If we did trade LJ away. The only guy I see Herm drafting in terms of Running backs is Michael Bush, who is probably a second rounder and just got off an injury that took him out for the season(but when he played he was unbelievable). So trade the Bills their first round pick for LJ, then:
1a: Amobi Okoye
1b-->Trade down w/ SD for first and third(approx. the same), Pat Willis
2-->Michael Bush
3a-->Johnathan Wade
3b-->BPAWR
Old 03-04-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think that is why Green and Herm don't see Eye-to-eye offensively. Green prospered in a system where it was normal to chuck it 40 yards downfield. Herm wants clock control, short passes, run,run,run. I don't really see Herm trading LJ away. RB's production drops after a 400+ carry season, So I think if we were to trade out LJ, now would be the time. However, this could be resolved by a dual-back system for a power-running clock control offense, but that leaves another quandry...LJ don't like to share the rock.
If we did trade LJ away. The only guy I see Herm drafting in terms of Running backs is Michael Bush, who is probably a second rounder and just got off an injury that took him out for the season(but when he played he was unbelievable). So trade the Bills their first round pick for LJ, then:
1a: Amobi Okoye
1b-->Trade down w/ SD for first and third(approx. the same), Pat Willis
2-->Michael Bush
3a-->Johnathan Wade
3b-->BPAWR
Idk why you think Herm would only draft Micheal Bush. We traded for Bennet so that leaves me 2 believe he doesn't necessarily need 2 power backs. Also I we'd be lucky to get P-Willie at 23 let alone 30.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Idk why you think Herm would only draft Micheal Bush. We traded for Bennet so that leaves me 2 believe he doesn't necessarily need 2 power backs. Also I we'd be lucky to get P-Willie at 23 let alone 30.
Really? That'd be sweet if he was there(NFLDC has him going #26, willis). I'd think Willis OR Houston will be there at twenty-three. Who's the teams that need a MLB?
Also, Bennet was a pro-bowler in Minnesota of all places....worth the risk of a fourth round pick IMHO.

Also, I think he's committed to building a stellar defense, so using that first pick would be on a position that would help develop a pass rush. Also, Michael bush is like 240 pounds, pretty close to LJ in terms of weight(230), I figure if your going to trade away a player like that, you should get a guy who is a similar type of player. The question is...will he be available in round two when we pick?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

What about Darrelle Revis?can he fit a Cover 2 scheme?