Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
NDfootball
Rookie

NDfootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love that Mo Evans UDFA pickup. He was a beast at Penn St. his sophomore year, but really hurt himself by getting into Joe Pa's doghouse with the marijuana suspension. He had a weak combine too, but picked it up at his pro day, not enough to get drafted I guess.

A little small, but he can get at the QB and would provide us with even more depth if he makes the team. Potential steal down the line.
NDfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you guys tell me the difference between Ramseys Barden and Brandon London?
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
Can you guys tell me the difference between Ramseys Barden and Brandon London?
Better speed, bigger, stronger, better blocker, better deep threat, better hops.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think that barden played better competition too

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Giants news....Huh?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...y_had_dea.html

It appears that Sintim will be yet another DE. I am very confussed by our DL depth chart. Kiwi will be a DE as well.

Maclin would have been nice, but I am please with Hakeem and his 4XL mitts.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It appears that Sintim will be yet another DE. I am very confussed by our DL depth chart. Kiwi will be a DE as well.

He'll probably be used as a Hybrid player, he might start 1st and 2nd downs at SAM but be used with his hands down on the third.

He hasn't even got the starting job yet we have no idea how he will be used by see it as this.

I think he wins the job against Kehl and Clark, but his coverage is a weakness, but he is an excellent pass rusher. Kehl has been pretty good in coverage when I saw him play last year, so I would believe Sintim plays 1st and 2nd down and then is used as a situational pass rusher, I doubt we fully convert him to DE, Bill Sheridan has already said he'll be using our old scheme and Clint Sintim is an excellent fit at OLB in that scheme.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Really? Full time? Should be interesting to watch unfold.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Really? Full time? Should be interesting to watch unfold.
if you clicked the link you would have seen that they are talking about on 3rd down and not full time
Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
if you clicked the link you would have seen that they are talking about on 3rd down and not full time
yeah, but someone earlier said in either this or the discussion thread that sintim would be starting SAM day 1

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-30-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Sintim is a SAM. Not a DE.

He needs a lot of work when it comes to his play in space, thus his initial contribution to the team will most likely come on passing downs. He will have his hand on the dirt occasionally. By no means does that make him a DE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Thanks for the wise ass remark. Why would I need to click the link? The impression I got from TDmaker was that it was he thought from reading the article that it was a full time thing, that's why I asked.

It's a good thing I respect most of the other Giants posters enough to know I can still have a civil conversation with division rival fans.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thanks for the wise ass remark. Why would I need to click the link? The impression I got from TDmaker was that it was he thought from reading the article that it was a full time thing, that's why I asked.

It's a good thing I respect most of the other Giants posters enough to know I can still have a civil conversation with division rival fans.
I am sorry d I just couldn't help it cause its obvious sintim isn't going 2 be a full time de. is that a shot at me at the end there? cause if it is my feelings are hurt
Old 04-30-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

i really think we shouldve used our last pick differently, Stoney Woodson doesnt seem to have any real upside, just is a hard worker.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-30-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i really think we shouldve used our last pick differently, Stoney Woodson doesnt seem to have any real upside, just is a hard worker.
i dont know. we got players like barden, beatty, sintim and beckum who have a ton of potential and upside, why not use a 7th rounder on a guy that will show up, do what is asked of him and do the best he can....- thats really all you can hope for from a 7th rounder truthfully- i do not know much about woodson still and im sure he will not make the team, and probably be a practice squad guy this year...honestly i think thats all you can hope for

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
i dont know. we got players like barden, beatty, sintim and beckum who have a ton of potential and upside, why not use a 7th rounder on a guy that will show up, do what is asked of him and do the best he can....- thats really all you can hope for from a 7th rounder truthfully- i do not know much about woodson still and im sure he will not make the team, and probably be a practice squad guy this year...honestly i think thats all you can hope for
very true, thought of that, but i wouldnt want to draft a guy just for that purpose.

BTW we also pulled in Bruce Johnson CB from Miami, wouldnt be surprised if he made the team. Another thing is that id really like to see us try to trade for michael huff, i dont doubt Michael Johnson, but we cant rely on CC Brown to back up both spots. And Huff Fits our defensive style very very nicely

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-30-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some random thoughts...

I hate the fact Tom Coughlin almost never lets rookies start, unless they are needed because of injury, I really think Sintim will win the job at SAM but just won't be given it because he is a rookie, although I do like Kehl...

I like the potential of or LB corp. with Sintim, Kehl and Boley, and hopefully Goff and grow to replace Antonio Pierce.

I do have a question, I know Kehl started at WILL but is he more of a SAM or a WILL OLB? I really don't know because I really like both him and Sintim as our future OLBs.

Also how is our WR starting lineup going to look?
1. Domenik Hixon
2. Hakeem Nicks
3. Steve Smith
4. Mario Manningham?
That's my prediction...

Lastly, how much of an impact do you think Terrell Thomas will make this year, something inside of me tells me he is going to replace Ross as our #2 sometime during the season...

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Also how is our WR starting lineup going to look?
1. Domenik Hixon
2. Hakeem Nicks
3. Steve Smith
4. Mario Manningham?
That's my prediction...
I'd be very worried having Dominick Hixon as the Giants #1. He showed last year after the Seahawks game that he just isn't good enough catching the football or run blocking (I know, it should be an afterthought, but it was noticeable to me) to do it.

Ramses Barden is raw, but getting a 6'6 230 WR right after you've lost 6'5 230 WR who was one of the keys to your offense........ they need to get him involved in the offense as soon as they can. IMO, he should play all four preseason games. Clost to the entire games.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'd be very worried having Dominick Hixon as the Giants #1. He showed last year after the Seahawks game that he just isn't good enough catching the football or run blocking (I know, it should be an afterthought, but it was noticeable to me) to do it.

Ramses Barden is raw, but getting a 6'6 230 WR right after you've lost 6'5 230 WR who was one of the keys to your offense........ they need to get him involved in the offense as soon as they can. IMO, he should play all four preseason games. Clost to the entire games.

Traditionally it takes bigger WR's an adjustment period, same story with Hardy, it would be asking alot of him to be a big contributor year 1, and from the sounds of his Senior Bowl reports he just needs to sharpen up on his route running and he could be ready for a limited role at least.

Can't wait to see him in pre-season, he was one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Yeah i have to say I am not the biggest optimist concerning Hixon. He dropped so many clutch, perfectly thrown balls downfield from eli last yr that were just heartbreaking haha. He does not have trouble getting open which i think is important because he gets separation on DB, he just needs to step up and make the play--i do think that can be coached, but i do not ever think he can be a great WR in this league...I think our WR should be Nicks + Smith---Smith has to start at WR. Eli has a better bond with him right now than any other Wr on our team. Nicks is naturally more skilled than Hixon so i think he will start from day 1. Hixon would be fine as a slot- a guy that has some speed and can be a deep target and cross the field. I am really curious to what Manningham can do- he did not really get a fair chance last year to exhibit that, but hopefully he can step up. Sinorice Moss is a moron, his brain must be too small to comprehend the playbook

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

although i think that Nicks could be starting material i see it like this:

1. Steve Smith
2. Domenik Hixon
3. Nicks/Mannigham

then after that initial setup we'll probably move to a 3 WR set being Hixon at #1 rotating with Barden, Nicks at #2 getting most reps over Mannigham, and Steve Smith cemented in slot but taking some of the #1 and #2 reps if necessary;

dont forget that it was Hixons first year as a pass catcher rather than a ST guy. He could show those flashes more often, my only real concern for him is hard hits, which about ten pounds could help with.

I think we need to make a move whether it be signing rod hood and moving TT to safety or trading for Michael Huff

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 04-30-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Traditionally it takes bigger WR's an adjustment period, same story with Hardy, it would be asking alot of him to be a big contributor year 1, and from the sounds of his Senior Bowl reports he just needs to sharpen up on his route running and he could be ready for a limited role at least.

Can't wait to see him in pre-season, he was one of my favorites.
Barden adn Beatty still have me giddy, I don't expect much from Barden or Beatty this year but I think both could be starters next season. I hope the fact that both of our rookie receivers are very good blockers helps get through coughlin's rookie dog house.

As for our receiving core I think we'll probably start the season with Smith and Hixon, Nicks being the third WR with Smith moving into the slot. If Hixon doesn't show progress and step up I think we'll try and work Mario or Nicks, if he looks ready, into that role. I think by the playoffs we'll be starting Smith and Nicks. Kevin Killdrive has been trying to get more and more horizontal in our passing game and I think he'll be happy having two guys who excel doing that as his starters.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Sintim being a 3rd down pass rush specialist this year. His impact at SAM will be a year 2 thing. He's not ready to start at SAM this year, he's way too raw.

He will be part of our pass rush rotation though. He won't be a full time DE by any means, but we don't need him to be. He'll be a great rush guy for us, and just make us that much deeper.

This might sound crazy, but don't be surprised if Barden has a bigger impact on our team this year than we anticipate. Because he's so big and strong, he doesn't have to be very polished to make an impact. His sheer size and speed and strength makes him a matchup problem everytime he steps on the field. All he has to learn how to do to make an impact is get off the press, which I think he can do fairly quickly.

He's smart too, and doesn't get enough credit for his speed. Plax was a 4.55 guy, and so is Barden. Barden ran a 4.51 at his pro day. Don't sleep on Barden.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I see Sintim being a 3rd down pass rush specialist this year. His impact at SAM will be a year 2 thing. He's not ready to start at SAM this year, he's way too raw.

He will be part of our pass rush rotation though. He won't be a full time DE by any means, but we don't need him to be. He'll be a great rush guy for us, and just make us that much deeper.

This might sound crazy, but don't be surprised if Barden has a bigger impact on our team this year than we anticipate. Because he's so big and strong, he doesn't have to be very polished to make an impact. His sheer size and speed and strength makes him a matchup problem everytime he steps on the field. All he has to learn how to do to make an impact is get off the press, which I think he can do fairly quickly.

He's smart too, and doesn't get enough credit for his speed. Plax was a 4.55 guy, and so is Barden. Barden ran a 4.51 at his pro day. Don't sleep on Barden.
I see Barden in our goal packages almost immediately. If he has a good Pre-Season he'll be on the time for 15 snaps a game right away I think. He may not be as raw as we think with some good coaching.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I see Barden in our goal packages almost immediately. If he has a good Pre-Season he'll be on the time for 15 snaps a game right away I think. He may not be as raw as we think with some good coaching.
I can definitely see that. Let's hope so at least. The sooner he can contribute, the better off we'll be.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

I love Barden and think he has more potential than nicks, but I wouldn't expect too much from him as a rook. Bigger receivers have traditionally struggled adapting to the NFL and Barden still has to sharpen up his route-running quite a bit and needs to improve the consistency of his hands. Nothing would make me happier than being the receiver I thought Hardy would be as a rook, but I just don't see it happening.