Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Hiring Experts to Spot Gang Signals

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8350038?MSNHPHMA

thoughts on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, I mean, many will say this is going too far, and like it says, some signs have multiple meanings, but I defintiley understand why the NFL doesn't want to be affiliated to anything gang-related.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree it should be stopped but it will be interesting to see how they go about it I for one will be mad if they fine LJ for his TD celebration since its not a gang sign.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Funny you have lynch on you avi because he was throwing gang sign's in the Denver game.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see anything wrong with the NFL doing this. Its always better to try and stop a problem before it could become one. We dont need to wait until someone pulls a play like the scene from "The Last Boy Scout" on the field against an opposing player for flashing a rival gang sign. Ha ha.

Seriously, I doubt that there is a MAJOR problem with NFL players and gangs, but I wouldnt be surprised if some of them were affiliated with gangs, either now or at some point in their lives.

As a side note:

I have hired experts to comb the postings of NFLDC members to see if they can spot any suspicious content that might be viewed as being gang related.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see anything wrong with this, but hiring an expert is just drawing more attention to a problem that nobody would notice anyways. Especially if anything was leaked to the media.

Seriously. How many people can really identify a gang sign from anything else a player would throw up.

Also, does anybody else see the parallels in street gangs and fraternities or is it just me?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
Funny you have lynch on you avi because he was throwing gang sign's in the Denver game.
Signs, not sign's. But yes, I think I remember seeing that.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Seriously. How many people can really identify a gang sign from anything else a player would throw up.
at least 95% of people watching would have no idea.

Quote:
Also, does anybody else see the parallels in street gangs and fraternities or is it just me?
if by parallels you mean they are both pretty much worthless, then yes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought that was his family first sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
at least 95% of people watching would have no idea.

if by parallels you mean they are both pretty much worthless, then yes.
;) True that. Think about it, though.

First think about why a young person would join a gang. It is often because they are isolated in an environment of crime and violence and feel the need for acceptance that gang life provides. It also provides a quick way for them to get ahead of their peers.

Fraternities recruit the same way. Often times, incoming freshman are dealing with a complete culture shock. It's the first time they've been on their own, away from home, and are away from everything familiar. They feel a strong need of acceptance and the fraternities capitalize on this.

Gangs initiate their new members through hazing rituals. Fraternities do the same.

Both experience territorial problems with rival groups. They also often alienate themselves from non-members. Former members who drop out are also looked down upon.

Both encourage (or even require) their members to represent the group with clothing (colors for gangs and letters for frats).

Both play huge parts in drug trafficking, they just sell to different customers.

Just something I've been mulling over lately...
Old 07-16-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Too much gray area here...

One thing could be considered a "gang" symbol, and one could not. LJ is part of Jay-Z's clothing line, so if anything it's just shameless promotion.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Waste of money.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Waste of money.
BIT TEH NFL HAS AN IMAGE PROBLEM!!!!11 DIDNT YOU KNOW THAT COLORED PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS IS BAD!!! SRSLY, WHITE PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO GO TO GAMES NOW!!!1 I AM GLAD GODDELL IS GETTING RID OF TEH THUGZ!!!

GODDELL FOIR PRESIDENT 2012!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
One thing could be considered a "gang" symbol, and one could not. LJ is part of Jay-Z's clothing line, so if anything it's just shameless promotion.
I understand that but some guy in a suit is not going to know the difference.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Too much gray area here...

Funny, I always thought it was his tribute to Diamond Dallas Page. ;)
Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
;) True that. Think about it, though.

First think about why a young person would join a gang. It is often because they are isolated in an environment of crime and violence and feel the need for acceptance that gang life provides. It also provides a quick way for them to get ahead of their peers.

Fraternities recruit the same way. Often times, incoming freshman are dealing with a complete culture shock. It's the first time they've been on their own, away from home, and are away from everything familiar. They feel a strong need of acceptance and the fraternities capitalize on this.

Gangs initiate their new members through hazing rituals. Fraternities do the same.

Both experience territorial problems with rival groups. They also often alienate themselves from non-members. Former members who drop out are also looked down upon.

Both encourage (or even require) their members to represent the group with clothing (colors for gangs and letters for frats).

Both play huge parts in drug trafficking, they just sell to different customers.

Just something I've been mulling over lately...
Don't forget all the homoeroticism.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
this is awesome, I'm dead serious, this is honestly the best thing to happen to the game since the Giants won in Feb. it may be even better...

Don't ban gang signals
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

They might want to pay close attention to Oakland.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Storm in a teacup really. I think it would be more of an issue in the NCAA and high school ranks than in the NFL.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have seen antonio pierce do it a few times and it is intersting the choice of Dennis Northcutt's gang sign and the way it was described. If you know anything about gang signs it was almost like Nortcutt was disrespecting a gang in a way that a rival gang memeber would
Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It is his family first sign..... I does look like a gang sign, but that was the only thing the news talked about when we drafted him..... How he is a momma's boy, and his family first hand gesture whenever he scores.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp3.blogger.com/_kIhRNqND8Yw/RpfyagP8-1I/AAAAAAAAACY/ejUhLslZNWM/s400/DSC02132_R.jpg&imgrefurl=http://upperplayground.blogspot.com/2007/07/marshawn-lynch.html&h=400&w=300&sz=35&hl=en&start=12&tbnid=WOU1HaIf774hWM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmarshawn%2Blynch%2Bfamily%2Bfirst%26g bv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Scroll down and you'll see the sign.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Last edited by TheBuffaloBills : 07-16-2008 at 10:21 PM.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
[IMG]http://bp3.blogger.com/_kIhRNqND8Yw/RpfyagP8-1I/AAAAAAAAACY/ejUhLslZNWM/s400/DSC02132IMG]

Fail

Looks like a M and a L

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

any player that flashes gang signs in games will be my new favorite player, at least until someone poses a more gangster sign...
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks renji.....

How did you do it?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i used [img] and [/img]

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote