Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

Sorry but Bobby Wade was horrible in Chicago. Had a better time in Tennessee, but i really hope the Front Office doesn't see Wade actually helping us. We need a legitimate #1 option. With TJack as our QB of the future, baring draft or trade, we need to surround him with talent. And thus far we haven't done that.

I see we are cutting a lot of good talent, and bringing in a bunch of bench warmers. I've been a vikings fan as long as i can remember, but if we dont add some playmakers to the offensive side of the ball we are looking at a 3-4 win season.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Slot reciever and maybe punt returner...way to much money for a guy to do those 2 things. and I only remember Bobby Wade from Chicago...but that was already a few years ago, from what I remeber his hands weren't very good.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention he's a midget. He's not a bad guy to have on your team, but that's at the vet minimum. I really really really don't understand the move at all. Bobby Wade must have the best agent in the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be happy just as long as he's nothing more than a #3 slot reciever.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agreed #3 seems a good spot for him if we were to pull of a trade for Darell Jackson we would have Wr1: Darrel Jackson WR2:Troy williamson WR3:Bobby Wade WR4:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie WR5:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie(whichever didnt get #4) id feel pretty good about that
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
agreed #3 seems a good spot for him if we were to pull of a trade for Darell Jackson we would have Wr1: Darrel Jackson WR2:Troy williamson WR3:Bobby Wade WR4:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie WR5:Billy McMullen/Drafted Rookie(whichever didnt get #4) id feel pretty good about that
Exactly the feelings I have. 1 good WR via trade or F/A makes the whole unit look different. With 2 perhaps 3 rookie Wr's coming in .....I'm not
of the same "doom and gloom" theory on our offense, we're not as far off
as people want to beleive.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i dont think it would be very bad either but i was watchig sports center tonight and they were talking about people currently on the trade block and Darrel jackson came up and they said the two teams interested so far were the 49ers and the saints... the vikings name came up in interested for a trade but it was for some one else, It was Trent Green. which i wouldnt necessarily mind he's getting up there in age but he would come over and allow us to further groom Jackson, that is assuming if we trade for Green that quinn would become out of the question but that depends on what we trade for him if its like a 3rd or less i guess quinn still could be a pick at 7. anyways green is still a very good QB, IMO hes the most underated QB in the NFL.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Trent Green ? Trent Green ? Am I the only one who saw his head bounce
off the grass at arrowhead like a superball ?

He's what 37...has never run a WCO and probably needs a bib to catch the drool after the thumping he took last year..

..no thank you.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Darrell Jackson would help out our offense. He would be a perfect #1 WR. Not too fast, but he can catch. I'm not sure about Trent Green. He played in an offense that relied heavily on Larry Johnson.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

and we run an offense that relys mainly on Chester Taylor. Green isn't that bad of an option. Yeah he's old, but still a great QB. If we decide to draft Quinn, then Green is out of the question. However if Quinn is off the board, i see Green as our next best option. I absolutely love TJack and wouldn't mind seeing him develop, he's got a lot of work to do but given the time and experience i think he can develope into a wonderful QB. That would also allow us to fill another need with that 7th pick. Someone like Alan Branch, Gaines Adams, Laron Landry, or Adrian Peterson would "help" our team much better this year than the likes of Quinn.

We have a big decision to make on April 28th, i just hope we make the right one!

Go Vikes
Old 03-09-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I think that's the concensus on here...whoever we take at 7.
I think this draft means more now because of the lack of aggression in the F/A market. A month ago I thought for sure we'd try and fill a few holes on the O-Line and at WR via the market, but who could've forseen what's gone on there ?

I'm almost convinced now that we'll pick up a few players after the June 1st cuts...but it's looking less likely that those pickups will be anything more than role players or depth chart fillers.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Its just like childress said earlier in the offseason the vikings werent going to be huge players in free agency, those days are over we build through the draft now... He better have one hell a of a draft
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Its just like childress said earlier in the offseason the vikings werent going to be huge players in free agency, those days are over we build through the draft now... He better have one hell a of a draft
Tell me about it. If he screws up this draft, I just might lose it.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

yea well im fairly confident if we can find players to produce like this years rookies(cedric griffin, Ray Edwards, Greg blue) ill be happy and than we will finaly get greenway in there too. A lot of teams dont get that much production out of so many rookies. So I think we did failry well last year and after this year or Draft class of 06 may look even better depending on how Tarvaris Jackson does, and even Ryan cook(looks like he may start).
Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea well im fairly confident if we can find players to produce like this years rookies(cedric griffin, Ray Edwards, Greg blue) ill be happy and than we will finaly get greenway in there too. A lot of teams dont get that much production out of so many rookies. So I think we did failry well last year and after this year or Draft class of 06 may look even better depending on how Tarvaris Jackson does, and even Ryan cook(looks like he may start).

Im not sure about Greg Blue myself. He seemed kinda lost out there at times.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Greg Blue reminds me alot of Steve Atwater or Robert Griffith.
I don't think SS's typically have to be all that dominant in pass coverage, just as long as they aren't horrible. Plus Blue is very goodin kickoff coverage.
He's a 2nd year guy whose behind Tank and Dwight Smith...so it's highly unlikely he's going to see that much action as a SS this year.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

He better not be the same position as Laron Landry... that's all I'm gonna say.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see rumor that the Vikes are targeting Cato June and Nick Harper. I would pretty ok with these signings. What have the rest of you heard? or think? :-)
Old 03-13-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

LaRon Landry is going to be a FS if we draft him.
I would think Tank Williams would be the backup to Sharper right now there....where Blue is probably behind Dwight Smith at SS.

June wouldn't make a ton of sense and Harper would be fine if he signed a short deal that wouldn't cost this team an arm or a leg...otherwise a 3rd /4th or even 5th round CB prospect to compete would be alright with me too.
Griffin / Winfield / Edwards and Whittaker is hardly the weakest spot on the team.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I like Travarous Bain, or Kenny Scott as a second day CB prospect
Old 03-14-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
LaRon Landry is going to be a FS if we draft him.
I would think Tank Williams would be the backup to Sharper right now there....where Blue is probably behind Dwight Smith at SS.

June wouldn't make a ton of sense and Harper would be fine if he signed a short deal that wouldn't cost this team an arm or a leg...otherwise a 3rd /4th or even 5th round CB prospect to compete would be alright with me too.
Griffin / Winfield / Edwards and Whittaker is hardly the weakest spot on the team.
The more I think about it the more I like us taking Landry. If he wins the starting FS job we have the ability to move Smith to CB to compete with Griffin or just for depth. He played Nickel in Tampa I believe and his versatility could come in handy if some of our corners get hurt.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings Resign QB Drew Henson

http://vikings.scout.com/2/627008.html
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Hardly the big F/A pickup people were hoping for.
Childress has been to a few pro days...while teams are bringing in F/A and not letting them leave (offering good contracts) ....I'm starting to get the
feeling that our entire pool of new talent is coming strictly from the draft....which will probably turn out to be a huge mistake.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
chug o nomics
Rookie

chug o nomics hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
Hardly the big F/A pickup people were hoping for.
Childress has been to a few pro days...while teams are bringing in F/A and not letting them leave (offering good contracts) ....I'm starting to get the
feeling that our entire pool of new talent is coming strictly from the draft....which will probably turn out to be a huge mistake.
I totally agree. It's never a good idea to stake your future entirely on the draft. We have a lot of glaring holes and we could have spent some time to get a temporary plug for some of then, but we're looking too far into the offseason. I hope that the management has something bigger in the works. We have so much money left that we could afford a risky move.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

how would you all feel about getting David Carr for a 4th round pick? I think it would be worth it myself.