Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anybody outside of New York thinks Rivers v Eli is even a debate anymore.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
I don't think anybody outside of New York thinks Rivers v Eli is even a debate anymore.
Well that troll comes here with Eli in his sign, and its not hard to see where his bias is. He does that alot, starts crap on other team's boards. He should just stick to bashing the Giants FO, for what little good they had done lately. He also should look on the bright side, they'll get the first pick in the draft next year. What is really a hoot is how you hear New York and Chicago fans as the most knowledgable fans in sports. When actually they are without a doubt the most abject homers you'll ever see.

Last edited by DonWoods33 : 03-07-2007 at 12:48 PM.
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how long ago did you "fans" hop on the bandwagon? 05? 06?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Gotta love 13 year old kids that have nothing better to do.

Fact is the Chargers got three probowlers for an underachieving QB.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
Don't worry, us sane New Yorkers know its not a debate too. I know many Giants fans. 2005 was hilarious. Every mid-week I was told this would be his breakout game. Every Monday would bring laughter from me and eye rolling and head nodding as they had to bedrudgingly admit another week went by without that heralded breakout game. They have all realized they were better off with Rivers or Roethlisberger.

One day, this guy might too.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWoods33 View Post
Well that troll comes here with Eli in his sign, and its not hard to see where his bias is. He does that alot, starts crap on other team's boards. He should just stick to bashing the Giants FO, for what little good they had done lately. He also should look on the bright side, they'll get the first pick in the draft next year. What is really a hoot is how you hear New York and Chicago fans as the most knowledgable fans in sports. When actually they are without a doubt the most abject homers you'll ever see.
hey no need to bring chicago into this...albeit chicago fans are very very bias i agree...but cmon no need to compare us to NY

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Does this mean you gave up on forming a logical, reasonable, fact oriented argument?
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please excuse GRF...don't let his words effect your view on the other Giants posters on here please.

As for the topic at hand, its way too early to tell. Rivers had an off 2nd half of the season, and thats understandable, it happens to everyone. Im not gonna comment on this, I think we've beaten it to death. I think its just too early to tell.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

"Fact is the Chargers got three probowlers for an underachieving QB."

I dont remember exact details, what did San Diego get ?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
"Fact is the Chargers got three probowlers for an underachieving QB."

I dont remember exact details, what did San Diego get ?
GIANTS GET: 1st Overall Pick (Eli Manning)

CHARGERS GET: Fourth Overall Pick (Philip Rivers)
Giants Third Round Pick (Nate Kaeding)
Giants 2005 1st Round Pick (Shawne Merriman)
Giants 2004(2005?) 5th round pick(Trade for Roman Oben)
Old 03-08-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Please excuse GRF...don't let his words effect your view on the other Giants posters on here please.

As for the topic at hand, its way too early to tell. Rivers had an off 2nd half of the season, and thats understandable, it happens to everyone. Im not gonna comment on this, I think we've beaten it to death. I think its just too early to tell.
Rivers had an off two games. Vs. Oakland, vs. KC. That's about it. The rest of the season was as good as anyone could have asked for. It's halfway amusing to me for people to believe this is some cause for concern.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Rivers had an off two games. Vs. Oakland, vs. KC. That's about it. The rest of the season was as good as anyone could have asked for. It's halfway amusing to me for people to believe this is some cause for concern.
The only other game I can see people lumping in there is the Seattle game, but I agree with you. Sometimes people say he had a bad second half, it sounds like he played eight pitiful games when in reality it was more like two or three.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
The only other game I can see people lumping in there is the Seattle game, but I agree with you. Sometimes people say he had a bad second half, it sounds like he played eight pitiful games when in reality it was more like two or three.

I dont count the Seattle game because there were a ton of drops, even a few from LT. The field was extremely went and windy, and Rivers didn't throw any INT's and had two TD passes including the game winner..
Old 03-08-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I dont count the Seattle game because there were a ton of drops, even a few from LT. The field was extremely went and windy, and Rivers didn't throw any INT's and had two TD passes including the game winner..
Oh I agree too, that was one of my favorite games out of Rivers all year, he had a rough start though, so some people consider it a poor game.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody who watched the game, knows really played well against Seattle. Despite at least a half dozen drops, he threw for 180 yards and two TDs. And this is in terrible weather. This is game where I realized Rivers had ice his veins too. Against Cincy was amazing but this proves a lot more.

Besides look at Hasselbacks stats for the game. PR outplayed him significantly.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Boltbaby

Quote:
psssshhhttt Nate Kaeding. the guy cant kick a clutch kick when it matters. Lost you guys the game against the Jets and stunk it up this year in the playoffs as well. Talk about Merriodman or Rivers if you want, but dont bring up Nate Kaeding....

He kicked the field goal that won the Pro Bowl game for the AFC.

I know it isn't a playoff win or anything, but it was pressure.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltbaby View Post
He kicked the field goal that won the Pro Bowl game for the AFC.

I know it isn't a playoff win or anything, but it was pressure.
There's no pressure in a meaningless game...

Meh...I was going to jump into this argument but the threads old and it'd be pointless.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20 View Post
There's no pressure in a meaningless game...

Meh...I was going to jump into this argument but the threads old and it'd be pointless.
It's the offseason, why not get into it haha, which side would you have taken ;)
Old 03-25-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

I would've defended Eli. I think Rivers is a good QB, but there were a couple things he has/had that Eli doesn't.
Cam Cameron>Hufnagle/Gilbride
Marty > Coughlin
LDT > Tiki. Thought I do believe Tiki had a better 05 than LDT, LDT owned the 06 season.
SD Defense > Giants Defense

The Giants offense asks too much from Eli at this point in his career. I don't even think next year will be a good year with Killdrive. I wish they could get Cutliffe up here for Eli, but that won't happen. It's still too early to judge them IMO. A lot of AAA QBs didn't excel until years, and I believe that Peyton lead the league in INTs as late as his 4th year. People were calling for Simms head while he was in NY early in his career, even until he was 30 years old, but he turned out to be one of the best QBs in Giants history.

Last edited by dhoe20 : 03-25-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:59 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20 View Post
I would've defended Eli. I think Rivers is a good QB, but there were a couple things he has/had that Eli doesn't.
Cam Cameron>Hufnagle/Gilbride
Marty > Coughlin
LDT > Tiki. Thought I do believe Tiki had a better 05 than LDT, LDT owned the 06 season.
SD Defense > Giants Defense

The Giants offense asks too much from Eli at this point in his career. I don't even think next year will be a good year with Killdrive. I wish they could get Cutliffe up here for Eli, but that won't happen. It's still too early to judge them IMO. A lot of AAA QBs didn't excel until years, and I believe that Peyton lead the league in INTs as late as his 4th year. People were calling for Simms head while he was in NY early in his career, even until he was 30 years old, but he turned out to be one of the best QBs in Giants history.
Yeah, the most important thing I see in your argument there is that it's to early to judge. Of course I think Rivers will develop into a better overall QB, and you think Manning will be the better one. It's too early for any of us to know for certain who will be right. As far as the trade is concerned tho, I don't think there's any question who got the better end.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
As far as the trade is concerned tho, I don't think there's any question who got the better end.
Can't argue with that.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa Giants fans love me im so popular to them i got about 8 bad reps in one day sweet im so popular, :]

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
let me hear your thoughts....

I love how Chargers fans and NFL pundits think the Chargers got such a great deal. I say, give it time my friend.

Elwayesque is how I would describe ELI.... The comebacks... amazing. Its nervewracking, but exciting. People love to hate the guy, but he is something special.

Not gonna elaborate on my thoughts, but I am wondering what YOUR thoughts are? Do you like Merriman, even through his Steriods and showboating on the field? do you think Rivers will redeem himself from his piss poor playoff outing? will Rivers be able to perform once Tomlinson isnt performing as he did this season?

IDK the answers, but I am interested in your opinion.
I don't think its close that the Chargers got the better end of the deal. We got 3 Pro Bowlers for Eli including the scariest pass rusher in the game Shawne "Lights Out" Merriman.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you didnt get 3 pro bowlers... you got 2 extra draft picks... Its not like the Giants would have drafted Merriman.... Plus I wouldnt even want that guy on my team. already got caught with roids and its just a matter of time before he gets arrested just like half of his teammates have.

And theres something about Eli. Elway, Favre, Brady, and now Eli has it....
Old 03-31-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you didnt get 3 pro bowlers... you got 2 extra draft picks... Its not like the Giants would have drafted Merriman.... Plus I wouldnt even want that guy on my team. already got caught with roids and its just a matter of time before he gets arrested just like half of his teammates have.

And theres something about Eli. Elway, Favre, Brady, and now Eli has it....

LOL, please stop feeding the trolls guys.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote