Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shockey Traded to Saints

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=295380

Props to Yankee78 on BBI for posting this.

Quote:
Jeremy Shockey has finally gotten his wish.

The Giants have agreed to trade their disgruntled tight end to the New Orleans Saints for a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick, FOXSports.com has learned. The deal is pending league approval, according to a league source.

The compensation is the same the Saints offered New York back in April prior and during to the draft ... and it was turned down.

The move comes one day after Jason Taylor was traded from Miami to New York's NFC East rivals in Washington. According to a report on SI.com, the Giants had held discussions about a three-team trade in which they would have ended up with Taylor, the Saints would have landed Shockey and the Dolphins would have received a pair of draft picks.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, can't say I'm happy or mad with this. I think the value is just about right. Now it is my hope for the Saints to fail miserably and allow us to get a stud DT in round 2. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy with this move.

But disappointed that we didn't make it on draft day. The Saint's 2nd and 5th this year won't be as good as the 2nd and 5th we wouldve gotten on draft day.

Shockey had to go. As good as he is, he had to go.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodbye! Ever since Wellington died, Shockey has become more and more distant.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note, Ive heard that Kevin Boss has been beasting it in TC. Of course, that doesn't mean anything, but still.

At least we'll know Boss is running the right routes for us and has hands and will ****.

But Ill miss Shockey. He's going to thrive in NO, he's a stud TE who wasn't used right with us.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hhmmm

Jeremy Shockey should be a great fit if he is healthy. Should be interesting to see if Vilma and Shockey make a big impact in NO this year.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now the issue is this:

Will gilbride change our running concepts for this upcoming season?? If I am him I do so, because Boss showed nothing in terms of run blocking! This move makes me mad, because we have no one near Shockey's level to seal the edge in our running scheme. Jacobs blew without Shockey inthere. In fact without Shockey only player to stay consistent was Bradshaw! And.. Jacobs is seeking a new contract. Now this all gets interesting!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until he can start to play through injuries or not get injured, everyone will think of what he could've been.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Now the issue is this:

Will gilbride change our running concepts for this upcoming season?? If I am him I do so, because Boss showed nothing in terms of run blocking! This move makes me mad, because we have no one near Shockey's level to seal the edge in our running scheme. Jacobs blew without Shockey inthere. In fact without Shockey only player to stay consistent was Bradshaw! And.. Jacobs is seeking a new contract. Now this all gets interesting!
give it time. Boss had all offseason and TC to get better at blocking.

you can always teach blocking. But teaching Shockey how to shut up, run the right routes and come develop team chemistry is a lost cause. Thats why Im in favor of this move if it has happened.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams should be happy to see him gone.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he'll have to. Shockey was the most important block in their bread and butter run plays.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
give it time. Boss had all offseason and TC to get better at blocking.

you can always teach blocking. But teaching Shockey how to shut up, run the right routes and come develop team chemistry is a lost cause. Thats why Im in favor of this move if it has happened.
Yeah you can teach the fundementals of it, but can he do it at a high level? That's the issue. This has been an issue I have been most vocal about. Also the fact I coach that positions makes me even more involved in this situation.

Boss showed nothing at run blocking! He was piss poor at it, and thus Jacobs sucked in the playoffs. Now Jacobs wants a huge contract, and now I am even more against it. Gilbride needs to chalk it up differently now that Shockey is gone, IF he plans on using Jacobs. Bradshaw showed no matter what the deal was he was still consistent, but I don't trust Jacobs, in the SAME system, if Gilbride doesn't change anything.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma and Shockey in one offseason? :o

Championship.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad he's out of the NFC East.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Shockey is healthy, I say Reggie Bush gets 1,000+ yards this season.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah you can teach the fundementals of it, but can he do it at a high level? That's the issue. This has been an issue I have been most vocal about. Also the fact I coach that positions makes me even more involved in this situation.

Boss showed nothing at run blocking! He was piss poor at it, and thus Jacobs sucked in the playoffs. Now Jacobs wants a huge contract, and now I am even more against it. Gilbride needs to chalk it up differently now that Shockey is gone, IF he plans on using Jacobs. Bradshaw showed no matter what the deal was he was still consistent, but I don't trust Jacobs, in the SAME system, if Gilbride doesn't change anything.
Breathe...it will be okay lol.

Theyll definitely adjust. And Im confident that Boss will get stronger and better at blocking. Shockey developed into a blocker, he wasn't a good one out of the gate.

Boss is a solid 272 now. Of muscle. Im confident in Boss. We'll be fine.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Until he can start to play through injuries or not get injured, everyone will think of what he could've been.
Yes because crutches on the field are a realistic option...playing through a broken leg is definately a smart decision career wise :/ Shockey played through all kinds of injuries and all kinds of pain. If you want to see a little ***** TE, look at guys like Todd Heap, not Shockey. Shockey is one of the toughest guys in the league, good for the Saints and the Giants for getting this deal done, looks about even both ways. Although BBD was right, they should have pulled the trigger on this on draft day, because the way thing are looking the Saints could make a major push this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Shockey is gonna have a break out year in NO. He's going to establish himself as a top 3 TE in the league easily if he can stay healthy.

It was a good move for both sides. We've been using him wrong for years, and he's been detrimental to our lockerroom, and the Saints get a weapon.

For us its addition by subtraction, and for the Saints, they add more firepower.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Breathe...it will be okay lol.

Theyll definitely adjust. And Im confident that Boss will get stronger and better at blocking. Shockey developed into a blocker, he wasn't a good one out of the gate.

Boss is a solid 272 now. Of muscle. Im confident in Boss. We'll be fine.
Yeah, I will start breathing once I see Boss in a game, and us running 38 power without Boss getting his jock thrown around. If I see him engage and actually get push, then I will breath and do a dance! Until then, I will be watching Boss's every move! Every move he makes, every step he takes, I will be watching him! : P
Old 07-21-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I will start breathing once I see Boss in a game, and us running 38 power without Boss getting his jock thrown around. If I see him engage and actually get push, then I will breath and do a dance! Until then, I will be watching Boss's every move! Every move he makes, every step he takes, I will be watching him! : P
change the SN! DOOOOOOOO IT! lmao
Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
change the SN! DOOOOOOOO IT! lmao
Hehe. Well someone told me, since I am an admin, on our giants.com board to change it to Boss+Manning=Banning! hahahaha
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if only the Saints had a second option at WR and a healthy Deuce. that could be the greatest offense since the San Diego SuperChargers' Air Coryell Attack in terms of a great run game and extremely potent air game. (pats were all air.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a good year to get extra picks towards the top of the draft. DT seems like it could be strong with the right underclassmen.

The Saints have now moved into the small group of Super Bowl contenders in the NFC in my opinion. They finally have a reliable over the middle target for Drew Brees that they had been lacking as of late. They also get a strong blocker on the edge to help Bush get to the outside.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Mickey Loomis just outplayed Reese a bit here imo.

Got to draft Tracy Porter in the draft AND still got Shockey. We basically have no draft next year, though. No 2nd rounder (Giants - Shockey) and no 3rd rounder (Jets - Vilma). Playoff push imo.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
if only the Saints had a second option at WR and a healthy Deuce. that could be the greatest offense since the San Diego SuperChargers' Air Coryell Attack in terms of a great run game and extremely potent air game. (pats were all air.)
David Patten compliments Marques Colston just fine. And, we still have an unknown talent in Robert Meachem so we'll see how that goes. Deuce... I'm not so worried about. I believe in Pierre Thomas.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote