Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
No.

Reggie Bush can actually catch the ball. He's actually better than Hester in just about anything you can think of not named "returning".

Besides, if Hester gets clocked out on a return and he's out for 5 weeks, no biggie. He's your 4th WR at best, and a KR earning peanuts, compared to Bush.
If Hester is out for 5 weeks, the Bears could say bye to the amazing field position he gets them. Whether it be by punting away from him or Hester sheerly taking it the distance it gives much needed field position to a questionable offense. And I'm not sure if I could see the Bears offense driving 75-80 yards on a regular basis otherwise.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i guess you can say that about a lot of players. Reggie Bush is a poor mans Brian Westbrook though. Devin Hester is Dante Hall tht doesn't fall off the face of the earth
Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Well i guess you can say that about a lot of players. Reggie Bush is a poor mans Brian Westbrook though. Devin Hester is Dante Hall tht doesn't fall off the face of the earth
Yeah I could agree with that haha./
Old 07-21-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MetSox, you weren't around at the time, but Reggie Bush received by far the most hype of anyone I have ever seen on these forums. A lot of posters(myself included) may tend to be a little bit harsh on him because of that. Seriously though, you don't grasp the sheer kind of dickriding that went on in his favor. Someone said he would be better than Faulk. I said that was ridiculous and someone thought I was being unreasonable. People thought it was absolutely disgusting, a terrible insult of epic proportions towards Bush to say he'd be a rich man's Brian Westbrook. People here expected him to light the world on fire. And he has not. Not by any stretch. If he was so good, he'd be the best runningback on his team. If he was so good, he would average 4 ypc(especially with all the players around him) at some point. He simply is not very good at this point in his career, and at his position, it gets less and less likely he'll turn it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

I think this is a very bad move for the Giants.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're gonna see a much more opened up New York offense this year. You have the emergence of Manning and Steve Smith in the playoffs last season, plus the drafting of Mario Manningham (plus there's Sinorice Moss for depth, too). Also, spreading the defense out is only going to help create cutback lanes and more space for mighty might Ahmad Bradshaw.

Also, if Reggie Bush can't pull off 4 yards per carry next year, then he never will. Getting Shockey is essentially getting a lead blocking fullback plus a dominant inside receiver in the same player. Things should really open up (even more) for the New Orleans offense. They'll be downright scary next year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
MetSox, you weren't around at the time, but Reggie Bush received by far the most hype of anyone I have ever seen on these forums. A lot of posters(myself included) may tend to be a little bit harsh on him because of that. Seriously though, you don't grasp the sheer kind of dickriding that went on in his favor. Someone said he would be better than Faulk. I said that was ridiculous and someone thought I was being unreasonable. People thought it was absolutely disgusting, a terrible insult of epic proportions towards Bush to say he'd be a rich man's Brian Westbrook. People here expected him to light the world on fire. And he has not. Not by any stretch. If he was so good, he'd be the best runningback on his team. If he was so good, he would average 4 ypc(especially with all the players around him) at some point. He simply is not very good at this point in his career, and at his position, it gets less and less likely he'll turn it around.

Well said that's exactly how I feel in regards to Bush.

But if he does plan to run to the outside Shockey will surely seal that edge. If anything, our running game will certainly miss him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This had me rolling.

Shockey is a perfect fit for the Saints; Drew certainly knows how to get the ball to a TE.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Shockey can add another dimension to the Saints' offense and I think they will be in the NFC Championship game and have thought so since before this trade. But Shockey is very injury prone and a 2nd + a 5th rounder will be way too much if Shockey keeps getting hurt. I think they'll get a good year out of Shockey this year though so it won't be a "bad trade" for either side.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think Shockey can add another dimension to the Saints' offense and I think they will be in the NFC Championship game and have thought so since before this trade. But Shockey is very injury prone and a 2nd + a 5th rounder will be way too much if Shockey keeps getting hurt. I think they'll get a good year out of Shockey this year though so it won't be a "bad trade" for either side.
I agree. Depends on how healthy he can stay. I also like that 2nd rounder now. We have good luck with second rounders for the most part.. Strahan, Toomer, Tiki, Osi, Smith, and Snee are some of the ones we struck gold with. Hopefully it continues.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing in all of this is that I have full trust in coach Pope. He is one of the elite TE coaches in the league, if not the best. I trust him to continue to mold Boss. When Shockey got into this league, blocking certainly was a weak point for him. And over time he became one of the better blocking TEs in the league.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this move definitely helps the Saints offense, which to be honest doesn't need a whole lot of help as it is already quite a proficient unit. One just has to wonder if adding more offensive fire power isn't going to hinder that defense which is still porous as a unit and relatively untested.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should help them, they're already hinging their success on firepower.

Awesome Avatar btw.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Somehow this turned into a Reggie Bush discussion again .. :/
You're surprised?! Lawlz.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Vilma and Shockey in one offseason? :o

Championship.
only got this far...but its not gunna happen...with the way the NFC South goes...Atlanta is winning the division next year

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, I just thought of something!
Shockey+Manning=Shocking has to change his name to...................
Jeremy+Drew=Jew

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or Manning+Manningham=Manning or Manningham
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I apologize if i seem like a person with normal reasoning. That, of course, sheds light on me understanding why there's so much Reggie Bush hate. Before i discovered this forum, i've had countless of arguments with my best friend over a variety of things.. one being Reggie Bush. I always preached the Texans passing on him, but not because i figured he would be a bust. I just didn't trust him working the load of the carries as a normal running-back, and at that time i felt the Texans were already set at positions where he could help. But anyway, that's a whole different argument.

I saw all the hype that was created around him, and the fact that he played in Hollywood.

In comparison to the hype that was created, according to you here specifically, yes i can see where you can argue that he has performed no where near his hype. BUT, that is comparing it to the idiots that were thinking he was gonna be the next coming of Jordy Nelson. For me, he has done enough to keep hope for him becoming a special player. I never expected him to rush for 1500 yards, therefore i'm not disappointed by him not doing so. Understand me? That's why i defend him.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
This had me rolling.
How so? Like "hah, MetSox, you sure are a funny guy", or "you can't be serious"?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Put Bush in a WCO and you got yourself the god he was supposed to be. WCO is made for RBs like Marshal Faulk, Brian Westbrook and Reggie Bush (even though he isn't deserving of being in a sentence with those 2).
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
One thing in all of this is that I have full trust in coach Pope. He is one of the elite TE coaches in the league, if not the best. I trust him to continue to mold Boss. When Shockey got into this league, blocking certainly was a weak point for him. And over time he became one of the better blocking TEs in the league.
im assuming they will change up our run blocking schemes a little bit this year to accommodate for Boss's learning curve. maybe its just blind faith, but i have a hunch that Boss will be a much improved blocker this year. last year he came in at 245, then got up to 270 with some jiggle in his belly. this year he came to minicamp a solid 272 all muscle. so he's definitely big and strong enough to block, now its a matter of technique.

i think he'll make big strides in training camp.

As far as his ability in the pass game, he'll never be Shockey. he's not fast enough to stretch the seam, plain and simple. however, i expect him to be a much better route runner, and have more reliable hands than Shockey. be more of a checkdown guy. and thats good enough in our scheme.

this means more balls will go to Steve Smith, and Im perfectly fine with that. Steve Smith is gonna have a very good year, mark it down.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
im assuming they will change up our run blocking schemes a little bit this year to accommodate for Boss's learning curve. maybe its just blind faith, but i have a hunch that Boss will be a much improved blocker this year. last year he came in at 245, then got up to 270 with some jiggle in his belly. this year he came to minicamp a solid 272 all muscle. so he's definitely big and strong enough to block, now its a matter of technique.

i think he'll make big strides in training camp.

As far as his ability in the pass game, he'll never be Shockey. he's not fast enough to stretch the seam, plain and simple. however, i expect him to be a much better route runner, and have more reliable hands than Shockey. be more of a checkdown guy. and thats good enough in our scheme.

this means more balls will go to Steve Smith, and Im perfectly fine with that. Steve Smith is gonna have a very good year, mark it down.

We didn't during the playoffs. Who knows if we changed it up maybe we could have gotten Jacobs going during the playoffs.. I will wait and see before I comment on it, but pre season should be a good forum to see if Gilbride is installing anything new or seeing how the TEs does.
I would rather us be in a more run and shoot type offense. Perhaps run in a 4 wide set. Make teams get in the Dime and Nickel, and then try to stop Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ward that way.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Let me clear up this trade a bit. This is what I understand it to be.

http://www.giantsfootballblog.com/20...ing-to-giants/

Quote:
Earlier this evening, Brian Bassett of The Jets Blog noted that the New Orleans Saints traded a second-round pick in 2009 to the Giants in the Jeremy Shockey deal, but the pick also could potentially belong to the New York Jets.

An ESPN report had this to say about how the Saints and Jets deal went down earlier this offseason…

Jonathan Vilma, was traded to the New Orleans Saints on Friday for a conditional fourth-round choice. The Jets could receive a second- or third-round pick in 2009 depending on how much Vilma plays and if he signs a contract extension. Talks have not started on a contract extension for Vilma, who is entering the final year of his rookie deal.

According to Newsday’s Tom Rock, the Jets will receive the Saints second-round pick in 2009 if Jonathan Vilma signs a contract extension and plays more than 85% of the defensive snaps and for the team this upcoming season. If the criteria is not met, the Jets will then receive a third-round pick and the Giants will get their original second and fifth-round picks. Now if the Jets do receive the Saints second-round pick in 2009, the original Shockey trade changes and the Giants will then receive a 2010 first-round draft pick, rather than a second and fifth-round pick in 2009.
Rock’s source tells him…

“That’s not going to happen because the Saints hold all the cards, and they’re not going to just give away that first rounder when they really don’t have to.”

It’s been speculated that Vilma, a fellow University of Miami product, was one of the players who was in Shockey’s ear, trying to lure him to the Saints during this summer. If that’s the case (and we’re not saying it is since that would probably be some type of tampering), Vilma may have recruited his way out of a new contract in New Orleans — at least until after free agency opens up.

Many have called the Shockey trade a win-win deal. The only loser appears to be the Jets, who will undoubtedly see their potential second-round price tag for Vilma shrink to a third.

To sum it all up, the Giants fans want to see linebacker Jonathan Vilma play 85% of the snaps and sign a contract extension this season. If that happens, the Jets will then receive the 2009 second-round pick, leading to the Giants receiving the Saints first-round pick.
Basically depending on how much Vilma plays, and if he signs a contract extention, the Jets would get the Saints second round pick and the Giants would get their first.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe he should switch to WR and that might turn it around?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Maybe he should switch to WR and that might turn it around?
I've been saying that that's what he should have been all along. Even going back to college. He's always been a wide receiver playing tailback. I always envisioned him being a Steve Smith type of flanker - get him the ball in space on bubble screens and underneath routes and let him rack up yardage after the catch.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote