Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Carson's Buckeye Comments

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/200...es-ohio-state/

Well, I've seen this talked about the past day and thought I'd bring it here...

For those of you that haven't heard, Carson made some comments about how much he hates the Buckeyes and there are a ton of Bengals fans, not to mention the ton of Buckeye fans that are LIVID over his statements.

To start, I will add that I am a HUGE Ohio State fan and always have been since I was a kid. That being said, I could care less about what Carson thinks of the Buckeyes. As a matter of fact, you have to take into consideration that he played for USC and the interview was done for a local LA radio station. I see this as nothing but playing it up for the home team and supporting where you came from.

Let me ask you this, if AJ Hawk played for the Lions, would anyone expect him to suddenly find a great love for the Wolverines ?? I would hope any Buckeye football player would carry that hatred for Michigan with them and whenever they had the chance, BASH THEM TO NO END !!!

Seriously though, who cares ?? Could Carson have used more caution ?? Maybe, but as long as he continues to be the QB for the Bengals, I could care less about his opinion on anything else. I've seen people make comments about they won't be able to support Carson anymore and to that I can only say this...

Go support someone else !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in Columbus, but I'm not a Buckeyes or Bengals fan so what he said did not offend me. I think it would be wise for Carson to not bash the Buckeyes (who are probably more popular with people in Ohio than the Bengals and Browns combined) in the future. I imagine several Bengals fans would also be fans of the Buckeyes. Seems like Carson should be smart enough to realize this. That said, if I were a Bengals/Buckeyes fan, I would still cheer for Carson on Sundays. He might not be a Buckeye, but he is a Bengal.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I would agree that there are more Buckeye fans than Bengal fans in the state of Ohio and that Carson could have probably addressed it differently than he did.

That being said though, it has absolutely NO bearing on what he does as the QB for the Bengals. If Santonio Holmes said how much he hated the Pittsburgh Panthers organization should the Steelers fans be upset with him ?? Well, maybe that isn't a good example, but it would have no bearing on what he did on the field for the Steelers come Sunday.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im from Ohio and I loved what Carson said.
Its like when he said he hated the Steelers. They are his rivals. He is passionate about HIS team.
He has no connection to the Buckeyes.
He is from California, went to the best football college in said state, won the Heisman while there. Drafted by the Bengals in CINCINNATI. Not Columbus. He is loyal to the Bengals not any team from Ohio. Assuming he should automatically like the Buckeyes is like saying he should automatically like the Browns too...They ARE from Ohio after all....
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Much ado about nothing IMO. I hate the Buckeyes and Buckeye fans(for the most part) but it doesn't matter what he thinks. Some guy on ESPN sent in a question bashing the Bengals and saying he would not attend another Bengals game which is stupid.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Much ado about nothing IMO. I hate the Buckeyes and Buckeye fans(for the most part) but it doesn't matter what he thinks. Some guy on ESPN sent in a question bashing the Bengals and saying he would not attend another Bengals game which is stupid.
Which means he probably never did and is just a Buckeye fan who thinks OSU is #1 no matter what.
p.s. OSU should not be in the national championship game no matter what

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Bengals fan...but I would never ever be a buckeye fan. In all honesty I hate the entire state of ohio except Cincinnati...and its close enough to kentucky where I can say it is part of Northern Kentucky.

What did people expect...he went to Southern California...of course he hates the Buckeyes!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me love Carson more if anything lol. Glad he gets involved in the sports culture - some players don't hate their rivals, I like the players that do :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anything it reiterates his passion for the game. I can respect that and am not surprised in the least that Buckeye fans are up in arms about what he said.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Once again, I am an ABSOLUTE HUGE Buckeyes fans and have been since I was a kid. That being said, I LOVE wearing Carson's USC jersey all the time. Why ?? Because he is the QB of the BENGALS and I support him regardless of his opinion of the college team I love and support.

I'm sure Perry and Hall don't exactly love Ohio State either seeing as how they played at Michigan, should I be concerned about that as well ?? I know I know, they haven't come out and voiced their opinions. Anyway...