Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
1. Gaines Adams, DE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The number 4 overall pick in last year’s draft was very sub par. Until about Week 8 where he started every game and notched 38 total tackles, 6 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 pass deflections. Not to mention sacking Eli Manning in the playoffs. Another reason he’ll become a star this year is because of his 6’5, 260 lbs. frame and a 4.66 forty. But on top of all of that is that his style of play is tailor made for Tampa Bay’s defense. He’s an intense pass rusher and applies consistent pressure on the opposing quarterback. Tampa’s secondary is one of the best in the NFL with Ronde Barber and the emergence of Tanard Jackson. Oh, one more thing. I looked up his sacks on downs and 3.5 of them were on 3rd down which is crucial. So take a secondary that covers well and add a pass rusher who had six sacks in eight games which would be 12 sacks in 16 games and you get a perfect storm. He will make the Pro Bowl this year and be feared by all quarterbacks soon enough.
And he's in a lot better shape, last year he had a lil tummy from eating too much fast food i see big things for gaines this year
Old 07-25-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Right, someone that's a Giants fan is gonna try and tell me about Marion Barber

Barber has broken out already, he's a stud. He's never gonna put up "break out" stats, and i can guarantee that. The coaching staff is gonna keep his legs fresh and injury free, so he can play out his contract extension, not like the Larry Johnsons and Shaun Alexanders of the world.
Well his first year starting he'll put up huge stats... but if you consider under 1000 yards rushing a breakout season, w/e you say

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Well his first year starting he'll put up huge stats... but if you consider under 1000 yards rushing a breakout season, w/e you say
Lol, that sentence is enough to tell me you don't know anything about how he plays on our team. ;)
Old 07-25-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol, that sentence is enough to tell me you don't know anything about how he plays on our team. ;)
Okay so you really believe that when he starts he won't get more than 1000 yards even if he is a power back, who really doesn't have breakaway speed? I don't understand how he brokeout last year, when he didn't even start, and I know he got more carries than Julius Jones, and I know Felix Jones will take carries away from him, but how can you say that he won't go past 1000 yards next year? and that he broke out this year?

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-25-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few more guys I really like to breakout are Greg Olsen and Jacoby Jones...I don't know if this year will be Jones' breakout because he might play out of the slot alot more, and he is still pretty raw so it might be better to look for him to come out his 3rd year, but Olsen I expect a huge year from, somewhere in the range of 700/7 which should put him right outside of the top 5 TE's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm not really sure what you're talking about. Barber is more than just a 'needs 1,000 yards to break-out guy'. Once he crosses that line does that make him at 'that' level? makes no sense. His role on the team last year, and even the year before to a degree, speak for themselves, as do all the numbers besides not having the big 1,000 yards. You come off as a real smart-ass with the 'w/r you say', but you really don't know much if you consider this Marion Barbers 'coming out'/'breakout' year. He is very much a well known and respected player that people know about and plan to play against.

I'd say that his TD numbers over the past few years can be considered by many to be 'big-time stats'.

Not to repeat myself, but his role within the game and how he influences the outcome alone over the past 2 years make this pretty much impossible for it to be a 'break-out' year unless you use the term very loosely.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like your list.

I'm very high on Brian Johnston as well, who we drafted this year. I think our defensive line is going to be better than it was last year. Jared Allen is a beast but we had no inside pressure at all. I can't even imagine what he'll be able to accomplish in Minnesota now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Some one who I think will "re-break out" Jonathan Vilma of the Saints, he's got alot to prove after a few average seasons in a 3-4. I fully expect him to re-establish himself as an elite young MLB.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay so you really believe that when he starts he won't get more than 1000 yards even if he is a power back, who really doesn't have breakaway speed? I don't understand how he brokeout last year, when he didn't even start, and I know he got more carries than Julius Jones, and I know Felix Jones will take carries away from him, but how can you say that he won't go past 1000 yards next year? and that he broke out this year?
Regardless of whether he starts or not, his amount of carries and productivity will not decrease, or increase dramatically. I never said he wasn't gonna go past 1000 yards. Please, quote me if i ever did. I said he's never gonna be a guy that goes past 1500 yards, therefore, his ceiling as far as his allowed-production will be somewhere between 1100-1250 rushing yards, which would be more than enough on what the team needs.

He had 16 touchdowns his second year and 12 this past year that they brought in Garrett's offensive philosophy. It isn't gonna change. The offense will still be pass-happy, Barber will be on a carry-count, and Felix Jones will do a lot of the toss and spread plays from the backfield.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
i'm not really sure what you're talking about. Barber is more than just a 'needs 1,000 yards to break-out guy'. Once he crosses that line does that make him at 'that' level? makes no sense. His role on the team last year, and even the year before to a degree, speak for themselves, as do all the numbers besides not having the big 1,000 yards. You come off as a real smart-ass with the 'w/r you say', but you really don't know much if you consider this Marion Barbers 'coming out'/'breakout' year. He is very much a well known and respected player that people know about and plan to play against.

I'd say that his TD numbers over the past few years can be considered by many to be 'big-time stats'.

Not to repeat myself, but his role within the game and how he influences the outcome alone over the past 2 years make this pretty much impossible for it to be a 'break-out' year unless you use the term very loosely.
Well, no offense to Cowboys fans but it is really easy to "recognized" as you say on the Cowboys since they are America's team, really I don't understand how he broke out as just a short yardage/Power Back, now that he will start I think he will post huge numbers in yards and TDs, I didn't mention TDs because it is obvious that he has had a lot, I think he can break out and become one of the better backs in the NFL...

lol, I think it is funny(seeing that I am a Giants fan) that I am fighting with a Cowboys fan about how I think Marion Barber will be even better and breakout

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-25-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, no offense to Cowboys fans but it is really easy to "recognized" as you say on the Cowboys since they are America's team, really I don't understand how he broke out as just a short yardage/Power Back, now that he will start I think he will post huge numbers in yards and TDs, I didn't mention TDs because it is obvious that he has had a lot, I think he can break out and become one of the better backs in the NFL...

lol, I think it is funny(seeing that I am a Giants fan) that I am fighting with a Cowboys fan about how I think Marion Barber will be even better and breakout
Leave it to Cowboy fans... :D

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Regardless of whether he starts or not, his amount of carries and productivity will not decrease, or increase dramatically. I never said he wasn't gonna go past 1000 yards. Please, quote me if i ever did. I said he's never gonna be a guy that goes past 1500 yards, therefore, his ceiling as far as his allowed-production will be somewhere between 1100-1250 rushing yards, which would be more than enough on what the team needs.

He had 16 touchdowns his second year and 12 this past year that they brought in Garrett's offensive philosophy. It isn't gonna change. The offense will still be pass-happy, Barber will be on a carry-count, and Felix Jones will do a lot of the toss and spread plays from the backfield.
The Giants are more inclined to the run but, Brandon Jacobs, who is quite comparable to Marion Barber, but with even less speed, would have rushed for around 1600 Yards if he had stayed healthy and kept his level of production, even with 3 other RBs (2 If you count the fact Ahmad would probably not come in if B.J wasn't injured), Reuben Droughns was the short yardage back, and Derrick Ward was the 3DRB.

I guess maybe I used the wrong term to describe Marion Barber, what I mean by breakout is that he will do better than he has done before and be recognized as one of the best backs in the NFL, Metsox I think I understand where you are coming from because I think I used the wrong word to describe Marion the barbarian.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-25-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
A few more guys I really like to breakout are Greg Olsen and Jacoby Jones...I don't know if this year will be Jones' breakout because he might play out of the slot alot more, and he is still pretty raw so it might be better to look for him to come out his 3rd year, but Olsen I expect a huge year from, somewhere in the range of 700/7 which should put him right outside of the top 5 TE's.
I think Jacoby will improve his numbers across the board as long as he stays healthy and he should really shine returning punts but I don't think he will see enough balls to breakout at WR this year. Kevin Walter is ahead of him and currently Andre Davis is as well although i suspect JJ will move into the #3 role before the season is finished. Overall though the increased focus on the running game will likely prevent him from really breaking out in year two.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

I also find it funny that you're trying to explain to a Cowboys fan how you think Marion Barber is being under-utilized and his production will all of a sudden explode.

He shows explosiveness on just about every play, his blocking ability is far beyond what most RB's in the league offer, and his strength in between the tackles is outstanding. Everyone knows that already. How is he gonna break out? Please, explain how he will do so. I can be pretty sure in warning you not to expect a whole bunch of rushing yards from him, because Garrett isn't gonna use him like a battering ram. He's way too valuable for the team to just pound him to the ground right after giving him an extension
Old 07-25-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I also find it funny that you're trying to explain to a Cowboys fan how you think Marion Barber is being under-utilized and his production will all of a sudden explode.

He shows explosiveness on just about every play, his blocking ability is far beyond what most RB's in the league offer, and his strength in between the tackles is outstanding. Everyone knows that already. How is he gonna break out? Please, explain how he will do so. I can be pretty sure in warning you not to expect a whole bunch of rushing yards from him, because Garrett isn't gonna use him like a battering ram. He's way too valuable for the team to just pound him to the ground right after giving him an extension
Read my post after the one you quoted, I think I explain what I think.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-25-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Jacoby Jones was a guy that was already making an impact on the Texans team before he went down to injury. He's one of my favorite, relatively unknown players, and i got to see a lot of him also since he plays for Houston. He's a very good returner, and while still unpolished at being a pro WR, he will surprise a lot of people. I don't expect him to make huge strides this coming year, but he will be a guy that i'll keep an eye on two years from now. He just needs to make sure he stays healthy.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Some one who I think will "re-break out" Jonathan Vilma of the Saints, he's got alot to prove after a few average seasons in a 3-4. I fully expect him to re-establish himself as an elite young MLB.
the word you were looking for was 'comeback'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I like Greg Olsen A LOT. He has so much potential and talent but he doesn't have the three things you need to succeed
1. A quarterback
2. Wide receivers
3. An O-Line so he has time to break the seam in the middle of the D.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Greg Olsen A LOT. He has so much potential and talent but he doesn't have the three things you need to succeed
1. A quarterback
2. Wide receivers
3. An O-Line so he has time to break the seam in the middle of the D.
Having no WR's is only going to increase his value, having sub par to average QB's might be bad for WR's who are running way downfield but for a TE with great hands that also plays into his advantage dept...As far as the line, its improved, but that would hurt a deep threat more then a TE, they always have time to drop back and dump it off to a TE, and Olsen should see lots of snaps in the slot.

He is going to put up Todd Heap like numbers(before he was ravished by injuries year after year), his situation is ideal for him to suceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont think they have been mentioned yet but I like 2 TE's to really become very good players. I think both Zach Miller and Marcades Lewis are ready to take the next step.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and for a homer pick (donte witner should have been a pro bowl alternate last year far as I am concerned, so I wont take him).......I will go with Ko Simpson, John McCargo(he looked awesome at the end of last year), and for an offensive player, I think Trent Edwards is the most viable candidate....altho I think Lynch could be a pro bowler, which I guess would be a break out.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Griffin and Michael Huff I can agree on. Huff should benefit from a responsibilities change that suits his strong points better, and Griffin looked like a solid starter at FS from the second he was put there. If he continues to develop, he's going to be a very good safety. Hopefully the Titans don't get tempted to throw him back at CB again with Harper getting on in age.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Having no WR's is only going to increase his value, having sub par to average QB's might be bad for WR's who are running way downfield but for a TE with great hands that also plays into his advantage dept...As far as the line, its improved, but that would hurt a deep threat more then a TE, they always have time to drop back and dump it off to a TE, and Olsen should see lots of snaps in the slot.

He is going to put up Todd Heap like numbers(before he was ravished by injuries year after year), his situation is ideal for him to suceed.
I gotta say i agree with you here (big surprise). Tony Gonzalez was still able to put up very good numbers without having a great Qb or anything remotely close to one, and for many years he played without any WR's. The numbers will come, but they did re-sign Desmond Clark, so it might show that they're not quite ready to hand over the full time duties to G-REG.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Longhorn Legend: I disagree. Having no receivers just adds more attention to be paid on Olsen.

MetsSox17: You're dead on about Gonzalez but (I think) you left put two ommisions. 1. He had a great offensive line to give the QB time all of those years. 2. Trent Green was great for them. He didn't have any receivers and still threw for 4,000 yards. And also Gonzalez is a hall of famer; he's and exception to the rule not vice versa.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Longhorn Legend: I disagree. Having no receivers just adds more attention to be paid on Olsen.

MetsSox17: You're dead on about Gonzalez but (I think) you left put two ommisions. 1. He had a great offensive line to give the QB time all of those years. 2. Trent Green was great for them. He didn't have any receivers and still threw for 4,000 yards. And also Gonzalez is a hall of famer; he's and exception to the rule not vice versa.
Alge Crumpler didn't have good receivers, a good line, or a (very) good QB.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote