Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I certainly hope that you are right about Gaines Adams. He played well in the second half of last year and definitely has the potential to be a great pass rusher in the NFL.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNad View Post
Alge Crumpler didn't have good receivers, a good line, or a (very) good QB.
Yeah and that's why he sucked last year.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNad View Post
Alge Crumpler didn't have good receivers, a good line, or a (very) good QB.
Roddy White > Every Bear WR

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping that Bryant Johnson has a big season. Even though the Niners brought in Issac Bruce, I am pretty sure that Johnson is going to be the #1 target because he's got great size (6'3" 215 lbs).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am hoping that Bryant Johnson has a big season. Even though the Niners brought in Issac Bruce, I am pretty sure that Johnson is going to be the #1 target because he's got great size (6'3" 215 lbs).
Just hope Mr. Small hands can get him the ball
Old 07-26-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

D'Brickashaw

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't quite call it a full-on breakout, but I think Greg Jones will go for around 500 yards and 5 touchdowns as the Jaguars' third rushing option.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Miller. He has to. Hes gonna be starting, and he is an athletic beast.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you guys forget LaMarr Woodley? He showed flashes of his potential last year, and I expect at least 11 sacks this year.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone mentioned Ugoh in here, I'd say he broke out last year, pre-injury he was a revelation, only giving up one sack. Just need him to repeat.

For the Colts most guys are going to be coming back from last year, but if Wheeler gets the open linebacker spot, I'd like to say he will breakout.

Also I expect Anthony Gonzalez to step up more, if Marvin is healthy, Anthony will play an upgraded Brandon Stokley from the days of 3 1000 yard receivers, if Marvin isn't, he'll play number 2 to Wayne. I am looking forward to watching him go.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Roddy White > Every Bear WR
I'm obviously talking about the previous seasons before Roddy White's breakout. Alge was hurt all of last year.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
Yeah and that's why he sucked last year.
He sucked because he was hurt. The times I'm speaking of were when we had Vick, a bad line, and bad receivers.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7. Ray Edwards, DE, Minnesota Vikings-The other three guys on that d line draw a hell of alot of attention so that at the very least Edwards could pick up 3-5 garbage sacks.

6. Michael Huff, FS, Oakland Raiders-I haven't really seen this guy play because the Raiders aren't on national tv very much so I can't really comment on him

5. Tamba Hali, DE, Kansas City Chiefs-I watched this guy in person from the stands his senior year at Penn State.....however I don't feel he will ever be an elite pass rusher but will always be a solid player....I think the loss of Jared Allen will hurt his numbers in the short run but the addition of Glen Dorsey should help his numbers in the long run.

4. Michael Griffen, FS, Tennessee Titans-Much like Huff I haven't really seen enough of him.

3. Reggie Bush, RB, New Orleans Saints:-Sorta a make or break year for him. He could put things together but its also likely that he could be a role player his entire NFL career....a very poor man Brian Westbrook

2. Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions:-He has all the ability in the world he just needs a more solid QB and offensive line and consistent running game to take the pressure off of him. If he doesn't break out eventually it would be one of the biggest wastes of talent in the history of the NFL...I'm just not sure if this is his year to break out.

1. Gaines Adams, DE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers:-A perfect player for the Bucs cover 2 I feel that he will eventually emerge as an elite pass rusher...i'm just not sure it happens this year

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
truth393
Rookie

truth393 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leigh Bodden he definitely will have a breakout year in the Tampa 2 system.
truth393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
D'Brickashaw
Amen.

I'm a huge D'Brick fan.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Amobi Okoye. He had a really good start to the season with 5 sacks by week 9 but then probably hit the rookie wall. Still extremely young with a year under his belt, the emergence of Mario should also help out a lot.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really quietly Charles Johnson or Stanley McClover could do some damage as the Panthers new LDE. Hell if Tyler Brayton finds a way to pull his finger out he may be able to do something.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Really quietly Charles Johnson or Stanley McClover could do some damage as the Panthers new LDE. Hell if Tyler Brayton finds a way to pull his finger out he may be able to do something.
How does the coaching staff over there feel about the Big Bully? He was so good at Georgia and his combine numbers didn't match up to the hype that was surrounding them but I have all the confidence in the world that he can be a starting DE in this league. Haven't heard anything about him though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for Vincent Jackson or Eric Weddle? These guys are gonna have big big seasons.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
No love for Vincent Jackson or Eric Weddle? These guys are gonna have big big seasons.
Vincent I can definitely see having a big season, it's said every year, but he stepped up last postseason and Chris Chambers being there will help as well.

Weddle... eh? He's a nice player, but I don't see him joining the elite safeties or anything like that.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Posluzny - This guy is going to be a tackling machine.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Edward wasn't a second round pick; he was taken in the fourth round. Anyways, I see him having around 6 or 7 sacks this year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Hell, any Panthers player may be able to do something.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Vincent I can definitely see having a big season, it's said every year, but he stepped up last postseason and Chris Chambers being there will help as well.

Weddle... eh? He's a nice player, but I don't see him joining the elite safeties or anything like that.
You're right he probably won't be "elite" in the strictest sense, but he's an extremely mental player at safety, a ball hawk with great fundamental tackling skills, and he'll be playing behind a spectacular CB corps. He will produce.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I am predicting Manny Lawson to have a huge breakout year. He has developed into a fast, athletic lb with the ability to cover and make a spectacular interception. Also, I fully expect him to be a better passrusher with added weight/strength.

Also, unlike his rookie year, teams will have to key on Patrick Willis and Justin Smith in the LB corps. In Lawson's rookie year the most effective guy that LB corps was Brandon Moore, who is now a third stringer.

I am predicting something along the lines of 65 tackles, 8.5 sacks and a couple of int's and pd's. But he will make a lot of tfl by tackling runners from the backside in pursuit (yes he can be THAT fast), he has the straight line speed of a safety.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote