Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst team among these?
Oakland Raiders 21 38.18%
New York Jets 5 9.09%
St. Louis Rams 13 23.64%
Denver Broncos 10 18.18%
Baltimore Ravens 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4th Annual NFLDC Preason Rankings: #27

32. Atlanta Falcons
31. Miami Dolphins
30. San Francisco 49ers
29. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Detroit Lions

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

you forgot the poll.Im going with St.Louis.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland. See previous threads.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Baltimore. The offense looks incredibly weak. No solid QB on the team plus two young OTs. I don't think the line will hold up enough to allow McGahee and Rice to carry the offense. And I don't think the defense will be good enough to win games.

Definately a rebuilding stage for Baltimore.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with St.Louis. They will be improved but even with Steven Jackson back but there Defence still has some problems. With Pace's health still a question, if he's out it will really hurt their entire offense.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

close call between the raiders & jets for me but im going with the raiders
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm going to laugh at all of you when you end up voting denver in at like, #10 overall or something stupid.
I think they could at least get 3-4 wins from the Chiefs and Raiders, so all they would need is another 3-4 wins out of the division to be a near or at .500 team.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't Oakland be 27, after all they were in the runoff for 28, but anyway with that being said, the Rams should be #32, and they are much too high.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let me think here.......since the Raiders lost last time, they should probably go last.

But I got to thinking here....Rams vs. Ravens imo. Healthy Marc Bulger > Any Ravens QB....Healthy Steven Jackson and Brian Leonard > McGahee and Rice (I bet that one tears scotty....) Rams WR's over Ravens......Healthy Rams o-line > Ravens......

It will probably be the Raiders this time, which I can understand though I think they may be better at the end of the season. But I wouldn't put the Rams here....no way.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders for the win.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the raiders aren't THAT terrible. jesus. i'm really surprised at the absolute suckiness of this poll.

sure their offense may not be stellar. but they're solid d. and solid run game will at least put them 7-9 this year... especially against the chiefs and denver...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say the Ravens. They are in a situation where they potentially have thier franchise QB, but it will take a few years to get Flaacco up to that point. The defense is talented but aging, and the offense amounts to almost nothing. I almost voted raiders.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is pathetic. Raiders > Ravens > Rams > Broncos > Jets :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
This is pathetic. Raiders > Ravens > Rams > Broncos > Jets :)
I'd change Rams with Jets and Ravens with Raiders..
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't think there's any possible way we sweep, let alone win, against the chiefs and the raiders, given that we have 10 crappy players on defense
Aw, come on. It's more like 9. DJ Williams is going to be solid at OLB again. Added to Bailey, you've got 2 non-crappy players.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't think there's any possible way we sweep, let alone win, against the chiefs and the raiders, given that we have 10 crappy players on defense and no running game. cutler is the best qb ever if he can get this team anywhere near .500
How exactly did the 9th best rushing attack in the league last year just become mediocre? Wasn't the offensive line decimated with injuries, and you plugged in an undrafted guy in the middle of the year? I just don't see where the "no running game" comment comes from. The offensive line will be slightly improved with Clady, Cutler is making a lot of progress, and if Marshall can stop being a moron, you have a half decent offense.

Tim Crowder had a nice little run for you all in the middle of the season, and he's also a guy that only started one game and played in only 13. Champ Bailey and Dre Bly alone should make the secondary serviceable, and DJ Williams will keep racking up the tackles.

I don't see how having all of that warrants being ranked worse than the Baltimore Ravens or the Oakland Raiders, both who will (more than likely) be playing first year starters at QB.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm going to laugh at all of you when you end up voting denver in at like, #10 overall or something stupid.
Denver should be around the 20-25 range for me....
Old 07-25-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Raiders have successfully doubled up their closest competition. This one's closed.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
the raiders aren't THAT terrible. jesus. i'm really surprised at the absolute suckiness of this poll.

sure their offense may not be stellar. but they're solid d. and solid run game will at least put them 7-9 this year... especially against the chiefs and denver...
Solid D? I didn't realize a D was solid when it gave up 4.8 ypc on the ground. I believe they were around 22nd or 24th in defense last year. Adding Hall and Wilson doesn't fix their biggest weakness, which is stopping the run.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the raiders will beat the broncos both games they play them ....broncos will really be struggling this year i dont see them winning many games mayb 3 or 4. I think the chiefs will even beat them out next season with wins.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
the raiders will beat the broncos both games they play them ....broncos will really be struggling this year i dont see them winning many games mayb 3 or 4. I think the chiefs will even beat them out next season with wins.
how the hell will the raiders sweep? what on god's green earth makes you believe the chiefs will have a better season than us? how do we only end up winning three games? i remember you saying the same thing a couple months ago, stating things like lynch will show his age, bailey will regress big time, cutler hasn't proven himself, ect... give me a ****** break
Old 07-26-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Solid D? I didn't realize a D was solid when it gave up 4.8 ypc on the ground. I believe they were around 22nd or 24th in defense last year. Adding Hall and Wilson doesn't fix their biggest weakness, which is stopping the run.
that doesn't mean their not good. on paper it's not great...
sure, but it doesn't mean their terrible... numbers are just numbers in football... and part of what makes defense rankings terrible is the time on field... the raiders also had a rather anemic offense... not converting third downs and such.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a sidenote to all this, I hope we finish before the season starts because Im going to love comparing what we come up with to what actually pans out.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Oh, sure it does. When you have such defensive stalwarts back there in the secondary you can actually afford to stack the box a little more ..
619 is offline   Reply With Quote