Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-02-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zabransky? Seriously?

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

I truly dont see anyhting wrong with it....its not as if there in the actual game anyway. Hell its a good story and why not let him have his time in the sun. And im from canada...not idaho so no hometown bias either haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should've been either Troy Smith, Adrian Peterson, or Calvin Johnson.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am 10% less inclined to buy this game. Good move by EA, putting a guy who may not even be in the league when the game comes out on the cover. They should put Drew Tate on the cover of Madden now! :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ZRO
Rookie

ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.

All the crying going on about this here is hilarious. If you buy the game for who is on the cover, then you're a ******. Plain and simple. What's the difference between Calvin Johnson or Beano Cook being on the cover? I literally see the cover maybe five seconds a day in the time it takes me to remove the CD to and from the case. This is the most pointless thing to whine about.
ZRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I am 10% less inclined to buy this game. Good move by EA, putting a guy who may not even be in the league when the game comes out on the cover. They should put Drew Tate on the cover of Madden now! :)

i love it.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wont even buy it or look at it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

put McFadden on it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so it really makes a big difference to you whether it's zabransky or, for the purposes of argument, quinn? i don't see how that decreases the playability of a video game in any way.
Exactly, it's a great storyline.

Exactly how many people believed 1) They'd go 12-0, 2) they'd knock of a AD loaded OU.

not only that but with the 2 point conversion.. I don't see the argument. They always put a storyline player on the box, usually a heisman winner yes.. but that story must've been too good to pass up.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im a boise state fan but come on. i think quinn should of gotten it since he has alot of records at norte dame. mayb cj or peterson could have been it too but this is a wierd choice

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoulda put on Quinn's sister.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

"Exactly how many people believed 1) They'd go 12-0, 2) they'd knock of a AD loaded OU."

1. remember there strength of schedule was like playing a high school season.
2. They knocked off an AD that was barely cleared to play and it showed.
3. Oklahoma was extremely overrated, and only #7 in the country at the time. Boise barely beat them and it was a miracle they did. So what next? Everyone said Boise should be #1 in the country.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Ohio State might as well drop out of the big ten and play appalation state and loisiana monroe every year.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
put McFadden on it
seriously do u know anything about how they choose who goes on the cover? or even bother to read anything posted before what you say? Considering if a player is still in college it is against NCAA rules to use his name/face to generate revenue for a non-NCAA organization, and last time I checked Darren is still enrolled at arkansas...but hey besides that...maybe they should also put every players name in the game...and then pay them for being in it and using their names too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Shoulda put on Quinn's sister.
you sir are a genious...I wouldn't even play the game I'd just look at it all day...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.
Question

Thats bull CJ should of been on the cover. Have they announced madden cover yet

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I don't like this choice at all, but it doesn't really matter to me. I'll just get my friend to photoshop me a CJ cover.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

new info from ign

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/769/769816p1.html
georgiafan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They should put Drew Tate on the cover of Madden now! :)
That might actually sell some, at least in Iowa.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it, but I can maybe see why they did it. It's purely a college football game, and Zabransky led a pretty good college football team. I'll still buy it as soon as it comes out.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
What does a guy being in the NFL have to do with him being on the cover of a college game? Desmond Howard was retired when his cover came out... Did you not buy that one either because he wasn't in the NFL at the time? It is so ridiculous that people even care about who is on the cover. I think there are more Madden/NCCA Cover thread than there are actual intelligent threads.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs down

if i end up buying the game im putting the case upside down... shouldve been Troy Smith... heisman winner come on. actually i think they should put someone who is returning to ncaa on the cover (Darren McFadden). if they were gonna put a qb on it shouldve been smith, quinn, russell.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll see Zabransky when I first buy the game and on the loading screen, it's a video game cover. Sure not the best option to select but if you aren't buying a video game because of a cover that's crazy.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this is the most absurd thing i have ever seen. zabransky was one of the most obscure, mediocre players in football last year, nobody will know who he is except a few, this is almost outrageous that troy smith(or at least someone the public can recognize) is not on the cover. i mean if you are not an avid cfb fan or wac fan i can almost gurantee you will have no idea who this guy is.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Boise State isnt even that good. They beat an OU team that was worthless. And Zabransky is purely a system quarterback. Thats like putting the Texas Tech QB on the cover.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
if i end up buying the game im putting the case upside down... shouldve been Troy Smith... heisman winner come on. actually i think they should put someone who is returning to ncaa on the cover (Darren McFadden). if they were gonna put a qb on it shouldve been smith, quinn, russell.
do people seriously not understand why they can't put players still in college on the cover? seriously if they could don't you think they would have by now? honestly, learn why they don't before you post that and look like an idiot...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote