Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
MOTU

MOTU's Elite Offensive 6 Bangers

Quarterback

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Eli Manning
5. Tony Romo
6. Drew Brees

Runningback

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Steven Jackson
5. Frank Gore
6. Marion Barber

Wide Receiver

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Andre Johnson
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Larry Fitzgerald
6. Plaxico Burress

Tight End

1. Kellen Winslow
2. Antonio Gates
3. Jason Witten
4. Chris Cooley
5. Tony Gonzalez
6. Dallas Clark

---

Feel free to post comments or your own lists.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gates is better than Winslow, at least at this point. If Kellen were to continue what he did last year and stay healthy, then I'd say it's debatable. And even then, I feel like Witten is better than both of them or at least equal to Gates. And I feel like Brees should be higher on your list but other than that, I think it's a pretty fair list.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think Gates is better than Winslow, at least at this point. If Kellen were to continue what he did last year and stay healthy, then I'd say it's debatable. And even then, I feel like Witten is better than both of them or at least equal to Gates. And I feel like Brees should be higher on your list but other than that, I think it's a pretty fair list.
Thank you for your comments. I should clarify that this list is indicative of how I think the players will perform in the upcoming season.

I think Winslow and Gates are very close but I think Winslow will be clearly better starting this season. This is mostly due to his superior speed and the fact that he should be a better blocker.

I actually think there's a drop off after Winslow and Gates, putting Witten at a tier below. He's good, but he doesn't have the athleticism of Winslow or the ball skills of Gates.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTU View Post
Thank you for your comments. I should clarify that this list is indicative of how I think the players will perform in the upcoming season.

I think Winslow and Gates are very close but I think Winslow will be clearly better starting this season. This is mostly due to his superior speed and the fact that he should be a better blocker.

I actually think there's a drop off after Winslow and Gates, putting Witten at a tier below. He's good, but he doesn't have the athleticism of Winslow or the ball skills of Gates.
People have been knocking Gates' speed since 2004; they just don't get it. His game is being a ridiculous leaper with gorilla-length arms. He's been the best while other, faster tight ends have stood up and tried to compete, and so far none have. I like the soldier, being from San Diego (obviously), but seriously he's done nothing to warrant being placed above Gates.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is a little high at his point. Other than that it's hard to argue with, pretty safe. The homer in me would like to see Westbrook over Peterson, but it's really close.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plaxico Burress over Braylon Edwards? Really?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

big ups on the chris cooley love
Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Ocho Cinco in the WR's?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for the Bengals, Palmer and Johnson not on the list
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, where is Braylon ???
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read its not a ranking of right now

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
People have been knocking Gates' speed since 2004; they just don't get it. His game is being a ridiculous leaper with gorilla-length arms. He's been the best while other, faster tight ends have stood up and tried to compete, and so far none have. I like the soldier, being from San Diego (obviously), but seriously he's done nothing to warrant being placed above Gates.
Well, Winslow did have more receptions and yards last season. Gates has a great game, but I think Winslow is a bit more versatile and well-rounded which is why I gave him the edge.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Yeah, where is Braylon ???
I had Braylon on originally but I took him off because I had forgotten Andre Johnson. If Burress is healthy he's one of the toughest matchups in the NFL. Edwards is great, but I expect Plaxico to outperform him this year. Edwards also seems to struggle with his hands at times.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
No love for the Bengals, Palmer and Johnson not on the list
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Where is Ocho Cinco in the WR's?
Johnson hasn't shown me enough to warrant putting him on this list. He's a top receiver, but I can't justify putting him ahead of anybody on the list.

Same goes for Palmer.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Johnson hasn't shown me enough to warrant putting him on this list. He's a top receiver, but I can't justify putting him ahead of anybody on the list.

Same goes for Palmer.
You don't really make sense here.

First of all, Chad Johnson outperformed Plax every year since '02, so really you'll have trouble justifying putting Plaxico in front of him.

Now I can get into your argument for Eli Manning ahead of Carson Palmer, but again, statistics aren't helping you. Both Eli and Carson have played since '04 and both started full seasons since '05, and since then Palmer has performed (much) better than Eli. Now I know that Eli came up big in the end and won his team an SB, so again, I can understand why you put them the way you did.

Oh, just one more thing, lest I forget: Palmer's career QB rating is 90.1, Eli's is 73.4

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
You don't really make sense here.

First of all, Chad Johnson outperformed Plax every year since '02, so really you'll have trouble justifying putting Plaxico in front of him.

Now I can get into your argument for Eli Manning ahead of Carson Palmer, but again, statistics aren't helping you. Both Eli and Carson have played since '04 and both started full seasons since '05, and since then Palmer has performed (much) better than Eli. Now I know that Eli came up big in the end and won his team an SB, so again, I can understand why you put them the way you did.

Oh, just one more thing, lest I forget: Palmer's career QB rating is 90.1, Eli's is 73.4
This is a list of projected performance, not past performance.

I think Manning is ready to take a big step forward after the way he played in the playoffs. He's ready to enter that elite class of QB. I think Palmer could struggle this year mostly due to his supporting cast and the ticking time bomb that is the Bengals.

Again, Johnson has nice statistics every year but I think Burress will be a more dangerous weapon this year. He's a special talent who just hasn't had the consistency to have elite-level statistics. I think this is the year that all changes because he'll be the focal point of that offense.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Eli at 4 and Tony Gonza at 5.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 07-28-2008 at 11:30 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
lol Eli at 4 and Tony Gonza at 6.

Just Eli over Brees is crazy enough.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Either above Ocho Cinco and Steve Smith?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why no O-line? The big men need their love too. Pretty solid list, not much to argue over. I have some questions, but they were brought up, so I won't waste your time.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates and Witten are better than Winslow.

EDIT: Oh, I see. But still, Gates and Witten should be ahead of Winslow.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don;t understand why Witten is always underrated. Dude is a monster. I hate that we have to defend against him twice a season, but love watching him play though. And he is a better blocker than either of them.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitten is the most complete TE hands down.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates' blocking is seriously underrated at this point. He's not a mauler but I've seen him hit at the point of attack and open up some holes plenty of times.

I'll agree Witten is the "most complete" though, for whatever that's worth.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see VYisagod on there...............................JK, preety good list and i also agree with you on #85.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote