Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst of these teams?
Cincinnati Bengals 22 31.43%
Philadelphia Eagles 0 0%
Carolina Panthers 15 21.43%
Arizona Cardinals 14 20.00%
Houston Texans 5 7.14%
Buffalo Bills 4 5.71%
Tennessee Titans 4 5.71%
Washington Redskins 2 2.86%
Green Bay Packers 4 5.71%
Minnesota Vikings 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Tampa Bay Bucs are the Tennessee Titans of the NFC. In my opinion they overachieved, and are gonna be no where near the record they put up last year. Their defense is way old, and Jeff Garcia will return to his normal, backup QB self any game now. I'm not as high on the Bucs as many people are.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even begin to buy the Bengals worse then the Cardinals...Both have below average defenses, great WR's, old RB's with heavy milage, with the glaring discrepancy at QB...Palmer>Leinart+Warner however you want to spin it, I can't see any argument for then being worse off.

Even when Arizona fixes that D and gets a new Rb they still don't know what they have at QB because Whisenhunt has said he will play both QB's, the Bengals have Palmer, give him a defense and their a Super Bowl contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Hey NIP, when are you going to add Tampa Bay to the poll. They are a lot worse than some other teams that we can vote for.
Crud, I actually was supposed to put them on a while ago. I forgot, I'm sorry. They are next on the list. Don't worry.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:21 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Vikings don't have an offense.
Packers have a new QB that's fragile.

Bucs went to the playoffs last year.
Saints have added Vilma, Shockey, and Sedrick Ellis which should make them better than they were last year.

Neither the Bucs nor Saints fit as the 20th best team in the NFL.
Heh, who exactly do the Bucs have at QB? I can't really see an argument for them being better than the Packers, who made the NFC Championship game last year.

Vikings are better on paper than the Bucs too, but I can see the argument for the Bucs since they were a playoff team last year. I just find it laughable that a team like the Packers are seen as worse than teams like the Bucaneers and Saints.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Bengals last time so I'll vote them again...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm a homer but there is no way Arizona, the team with no starting quarterback, is better.

Palmer >>>>> Leinart, Warner
Rudi, Perry = James, Arrington
Johnson, Housh < Fitzgerald, Bolden (but not by much)
Bengals O-line >>>> Cardinals O-line

The Cards defense is a little better than Cincy's.

I guess it helps the Cardinals that they play in the worst division in football and the Bengals have a tough schedule. Still, they haven't had a winning season since Clinton was president.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTU View Post
Heh, who exactly do the Bucs have at QB? I can't really see an argument for them being better than the Packers, who made the NFC Championship game last year.

Vikings are better on paper than the Bucs too, but I can see the argument for the Bucs since they were a playoff team last year. I just find it laughable that a team like the Packers are seen as worse than teams like the Bucaneers and Saints.
Why not? I mean, seriously guys, take ur homer glasses off, if a team is good this year this is by no means a guarantee that they are going to be good next year. Favre was a vital part to the Packers and could drop the Packers alot.

The Bucs are essentially the same team with some great young guys on defense emerging (Adams, Jackson) and havent lost any major guys. The Saints have a great offense and the additions to the defense were pretty good so u could make a strong case for either of them to be better

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Why not? I mean, seriously guys, take ur homer glasses off, if a team is good this year this is by no means a guarantee that they are going to be good next year. Favre was a vital part to the Packers and could drop the Packers alot.

The Bucs are essentially the same team with some great young guys on defense emerging (Adams, Jackson) and havent lost any major guys. The Saints have a great offense and the additions to the defense were pretty good so u could make a strong case for either of them to be better
In what facet of the game are the Bucs better than the Packers, even just on paper?

I'm not a Packers fan either, so there are no "homer glasses".
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is the biggest problem. Im not sure about the running game of the Packers, i wanna see how the WRs do without a great QB and well the DTs are not to scary if Jolly is going to jail

Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
QB is the biggest problem. Im not sure about the running game of the Packers, i wanna see how the WRs do without a great QB and well the DTs are not to scary if Jolly is going to jail
It sounds to me like you have a grudge against the Packers. Jeff Garcia isn't exactly a superstar and chances are he won't outperform Aaron Rodgers by much, if at all. Outside of QB, the Packers are significantly better than the Bucs. I just can't see what you see in the Bucs to place them above a team that has proven they belong with the elite in the NFL.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cardinals will be a better team this year because of their defense not offense. I see them placing in the top 12. Thus I voted for the Titans for the 3rd straight time.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

idk but Jeff Garcia did a great job last year and he didnt have an Int till game 6 or sth like that. Why shouldnt he outperform AR? AR could be the next Jay Fiedler or he could be the next Steve Young. I just dont know why you think the Bucs are so bad

Old 07-30-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
idk but Jeff Garcia did a great job last year and he didnt have an Int till game 6 or sth like that. Why shouldnt he outperform AR? AR could be the next Jay Fiedler or he could be the next Steve Young. I just dont know why you think the Bucs are so bad
I never said the Bucs are bad. I think they'll be a playoff team or barely miss the playoffs. However, to say they're better than the Packers who are one of the favourites to win the NFC is pretty ridiculous. If you look at the rosters of these teams and what they accomplished last season, it's really not close.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

actually they are not even the favourites to win their own division...

Old 07-30-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
actually they are not even the favourites to win their own division...
That depends who you ask. The Vikings still need to prove they can pass the ball and defend the pass. They have more question marks than the Packers, although they have assembled an impressive group of talent.

The reality is they were a much better team than the Bucs last year and not enough has changed to warrant placing the Bucs above them.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

and Aaron Rodgers has to prove the same thing...

Old 07-30-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
and Aaron Rodgers has to prove the same thing...
So? That doesn't change the fact that the Packers are a better all-around team than the Bucs, whether Rodgers plays well or not.

I don't know how you can have confidence in a mediocre game manager like Garcia or one of the worst starting QBs in the league in Jackson, yet think that Rodgers is some huge risk. At least with Rodgers there's the chance of him performing well (and all indications have pointed in that direction).
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Carolina. If Delholme isn't healthy again their entire season could be shot.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

how? The Bucs defense was ranked #2 last season with #1 Passing defense. They have Earnest Graham now starting directly and added some young receivers. I dont get how you cant see that? The Bucs only improved imo and the Packers lost Favre. So to say the Packers are def better is foolish. A Bad QB destroys a team

Old 07-30-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
how? The Bucs defense was ranked #2 last season with #1 Passing defense. They have Earnest Graham now starting directly and added some young receivers. I dont get how you cant see that? The Bucs only improved imo and the Packers lost Favre. So to say the Packers are def better is foolish. A Bad QB destroys a team
The Packers are a more talented team and played better last season. There's not really much more to say. To me, I can't in good faith rank a team that is less talented and performed worse on the field above another team. After all, the Packers were the youngest team in the league last season and made it to the NFC Championship game. They lost their QB, yes, but all indications are that Rodgers will fill in and do a solid job at worst.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

how are the Bucs less talented? How do you know Rodgers is gonna do a solid job?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
how are the Bucs less talented? How do you know Rodgers is gonna do a solid job?
They're less talented because they have worse players. Seriously, name some positions or units where the Bucs have better talent than the Packers.

I don't KNOW that Rodgers is going to do a solid job. He could be terrible, average, or amazing. Nobody KNOWS. However, all indications point that he'll be solid at worst. Our game best knowledge of Rodgers so far can be drawn from the Cowboys game where he played excellent. Otherwise, the Packers obviously see something in him to let Favre walk in favour of Rodgers. Further, he's been great in practice for the past two seasons according to local media. He's been learning the offense for quite awhile and has obviously shown he can be the starter in practice. Could he come in and be terrible? Sure, but the Atlanta Falcons could also win the Super Bowl. Nobody would predict that though because all indications are that they'll be a bad team. With Rodgers, all indications are that he'll be a solid QB or possibly better.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

talent is not same as a better player...thats why the most talented team doesnt always win and the better team is not always the more talented one

And u cant draw any indications from just 1 game. Players dont tend to play the same every game. Practice is not the same as a game and its no wonder that the local media says that he is good. We have no indications whatsoever. He has never even started a game

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 07-30-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
MOTU

Quote:
talent is not same as a better player...
That's semantics. Show me where the Bucs have better players than the Packers.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It was between Arizona and Cincinnati for me, but I have a feeling that Cincinnati may surprise some people this season. As long as they can get at least mediocre production from they're defense, then I think they can go .500 or 9-7.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote