Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Would you want Chris Henry on your team?

He is gonna come super cheap and will be there for 3/4 of the season. As crazy as it sounds, I think he is less of a risk than paying Javon Walker to sleepwalk through a season so I want him on my team.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing

Unless I believed he has changed, I would not want him on my team. It's not worth what you lose in distractions, team culture, chemistry, etc.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would want the Titans RB on my team, yes

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some team that is willing to take a risk and already is pretty good will take a chance on him. But as for the Packers, he wouldn't fit the type of trouble-free players that Ted Thompson has been bringing in all along.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Chris Henry the overrated workout warrior RB would never play for the Hamburg Sea Devils.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the Hamburg Sea devils

GOOOOO FRANKFURT GALAXY!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

At this point from what I am hearing about the terrible camp Walker is having and this retirement issue, Henry would be no more of a distraction than Walker already is. We'd also save a hell of alot of money against the cap.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
At this point from what I am hearing about the terrible camp Walker is having and this retirement issue, Henry would be no more of a distraction than Walker already is. We'd also save a hell of alot of money against the cap.
I wouldn't want either player unless I thought they wouldn't be a distraction.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
If that chris henry where a giant Brandon Jacobs would still be a goalline/Short yardage back.

As for the receiver I don't simply because the GMen have a lot of guys at WR who are either proven, toomer, plax and smith, have a lot of potential, moss and mario, or are the type of hard workers that have the talent to play in the NFL and have the heart to succeed, London, Tyree and Jennings.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he wasn't a complete **** I'd consider it. We do have a very deep receiver core though.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Some team that is willing to take a risk and already is pretty good will take a chance on him. But as for the Packers, he wouldn't fit the type of trouble-free players that Ted Thompson has been bringing in all along.
Not to mention we Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, and Nelson already
Old 08-03-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a bengals fan I still like Chris Henry :(. His talent is huge, and he always made big plays. Like everyone has already said, the distractions are a big problem. I wouldn't take him on the bengals anymore now that we used three draft picks on WR's, but his talent is so huge, if Jerry Jones actually does get Adam Jones to commit to the game and forget that off the field stuff, then maybe Chrisy Henry has a spot in the NFL after all.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like it if he'd join the Bucs. After Galloway we have nothing and as Galloway is so old nothing promising for the future.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
I'd really like it if he'd join the Bucs. After Galloway we have nothing and as Galloway is so old nothing promising for the future.
You already have problem child, Antonio Bryant, who is tearing up Bucs camp.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simple answer: yes. The Bears currently are looking at a WR 1-2 combo of Booker/Lloyd. As fantastic as that sounds, I think we could take a chance on a guy who has messed up before if he is willing to make a change. If he came to the Bears, he would come in knowing that the organization isnt as tolerant as the Bengals, and that if he messed up he would be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people tend to overrate the "distraction" factor. his teammates are paid professionals who, very likely, will be unaffected by what he does off the field. teams stay away from him because of the PR backlash they'd face and because they don't want to waste their money on a guy they don't trust. distractions have very little, if any, to do with it.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...no, absolutely not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, I would

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a supreme talent and imo would be a good starter, but I wouldn't want to spend any money on a guy who is going to be a distraction and who won't be starting in carolina.

For a crappy team he'd be a good option. I think his only chance is if a big time receiver gets injured for the season.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a good player and could help out alot of teams but i don't think he's going to stay out of trouble. Cincy gave him lots of chances and he still continued to mess up. Someone will sign him though despite his past run ins with the law.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I think people tend to overrate the "distraction" factor. his teammates are paid professionals who, very likely, will be unaffected by what he does off the field. teams stay away from him because of the PR backlash they'd face and because they don't want to waste their money on a guy they don't trust. distractions have very little, if any, to do with it.
I think it's more about the culture. Look at teams like the Patriots and Colts who consistently win. They tend to not have players who are known as "distractions" or guys that clash with team chemistry.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing View Post
I think it's more about the culture. Look at teams like the Patriots and Colts who consistently win. They tend to not have players who are known as "distractions" or guys that clash with team chemistry.
winning heals all wounds.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the skins hadnt drafted both thomas and kelly then id say absolutely yes id want henry. if he goes to the right team he could do quite well.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the right team, I don't see why not.

He's an idiot loaded with talent. Very low risk and high reward. He screws up (which is likely), you cut him.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing

I'm surprised the Cowboys haven't called him up yet. They need a weapon oppose Owens and they have a history of acquiring troubled players.