Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No........
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i was GM of the Falcons..no!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing View Post
I think it's more about the culture. Look at teams like the Patriots and Colts who consistently win. They tend to not have players who are known as "distractions" or guys that clash with team chemistry.
what are you talking about, The Pats traded for Randy Moss. I don't think he's as bad/stupid as Pacman and he's got to know that this will be his very last chance, one more screw up and his career in the NFL is definitely over. He simply has to know that.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's more about the culture. Look at teams like the Patriots and Colts who consistently win. They tend to not have players who are known as "distractions" or guys that clash with team chemistry.
again, how do henry's off the field transgressions affect anybody but himself?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are also forgetting the fact that there is a reason no one has called him up. People relating him to Moss and TO as a locker room distraction are making a big mistake IMO. There is a difference between being a criminal and a prima donna. Moss and TO may be self centred and somewhat cancerous at times, but lets face it, Henry is an actual CRIMINAL. Look at the number of run ins with the law he has had. No one is denying the kid's talent. But he has been in consistent trouble with the law since college. If he hasnt learned by now, it certainly doesnt look like hes going to
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm surprised the Cowboys haven't called him up yet. They need a weapon oppose Owens and they have a history of acquiring troubled players.
I think Jerry is smart enough to know when enough is enough...Last thing he needs to do is bring Chris Henry around Pacman, that doesn't make much sense from any side of the fence and I'm sure he realizes that...Oakland will probably pull the trigger but count Dallas out, Sam Hurd is going to get his shot to prove himself this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With what's going on with Javon Walker--yes. If he has the same kind of problems closing out camp, I would bring the option before him of his retirement again. And Henry, Carter and Curry would be my top 3 WRs (not in that order). None of them are established #1s, but for depth, it's not too bad...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that makes sense for the Raiders is that you lose absolutely nothing by bringing him in. Just a little bad press, but like Al cares, and if you look at our roster at the moment, we don't really have any troublemakers or guys with questionable pasts. We can afford to take a chance, if he screws up again, you cut him and don't lose anything. We can spin this as taking a chance on a young, talented and troubled guy, with youthful Coach Kiffin and his ability to relate to players as having the best chance of anyone in the NFL to get this kid on the right track and maximize his potential.

It won't happen though.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a Cowboys fan, I"m probably going to sound like a hypocrite, but I'd have to pass on Chris Henry. I was never a fan of bringing Adam Jones in and I'm still waiting for him be a model citizen for a season. I just think that Henry really hasn't learned his lesson. In Adam's defense, he obeyed Goodell after the suspension unlike Henry.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
BSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
what are you talking about, The Pats traded for Randy Moss. I don't think he's as bad/stupid as Pacman and he's got to know that this will be his very last chance, one more screw up and his career in the NFL is definitely over. He simply has to know that.
Moss is not a criminal and he's an extremely hard worker. Yes, there have been questions about his attitude in the past but he's far from a Chris Henry.

Plus, the Patriots obviously believed Moss would be a class act in New England which he has been. These teams have a certain culture and that's why they win year in and year out.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
BSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
again, how do henry's off the field transgressions affect anybody but himself?
Look at a team like the Bengals. Are you trying to tell me that having guys like Thurman and Henry together didn't multiply the effects of what they did off the field as well as impacting team chemistry negatively?

Culture is one of the most underrated aspects of winning teams. It's no coincidence that there are teams in every sport that consistently put a winning product on the field. They have a culture that is conductive of them winning, and I think you'll find most of those cultures embrace players who aren't getting into trouble off the field.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSD View Post
Moss is not a criminal and he's an extremely hard worker. Yes, there have been questions about his attitude in the past but he's far from a Chris Henry.

Plus, the Patriots obviously believed Moss would be a class act in New England which he has been. These teams have a certain culture and that's why they win year in and year out.
Randy Moss's name should never be used in the same sentence as Chris Henry's. Unless you say something like..."Randy Moss is on a different planet than Chris Henry when it comes to playing skills."

BTW, what is it with these bad seeds coming out of WVU?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sign him for sure in Madden. haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I would not.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Randy Moss's name should never be used in the same sentence as Chris Henry's. Unless you say something like..."Randy Moss is on a different planet than Chris Henry when it comes to playing skills."

BTW, what is it with these bad seeds coming out of WVU?
U just did

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As people have said...if I could get Chris Henry for cheap and he could play a role at the third or fourth wide receiver i would pick him up

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:

Nobody anywhere in this thread has compared Moss to Chris Henry in any way shape or form, I was responding to his assertion that the Pats "tend to not have players who are known as "distractions" or guys that clash with team chemistry." something that Moss has been known to be in the past.Also the thing that Nick Kaczur got caught for is as bad if not worse than anything Chris Henry has done. The only person you could really compare Chris Henry with behavior-wise is Pacman and he's getting another chance, so why not Henry? And Pacman isn't even re-instated yet, at least you know Henry will be there for 3/4 of the season (barring another screw-up.)
Old 08-04-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Nobody anywhere in this thread has compared Moss to Chris Henry in any way shape or form, I was responding to his assertion that the Pats "tend to not have players who are known as "distractions" or guys that clash with team chemistry." something that Moss has been known to be in the past.Also the thing that Nick Kaczur got caught for is as bad if not worse than anything Chris Henry has done. The only person you could really compare Chris Henry with behavior-wise is Pacman and he's getting another chance, so why not Henry? And Pacman isn't even re-instated yet, at least you know Henry will be there for 3/4 of the season (barring another screw-up.)
Moss is not a distraction like Henry is. In fact, many inside the league feel Moss is a leader and good teammate. What has he done to deserve his reputation? Henry has a laundry list of problems off the field. If you think the Patriots or Colts consistently take on players who are constantly getting in trouble off the field, you don't know what you're talking about.

The Cowboys are a safe haven for troubled players. The fact that they were willing to bring in Adam Jones and Tank Johnson proves nothing except the Cowboys are willing to take the risk with talented players.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Moss is not a distraction like Henry is. In fact, many inside the league feel Moss is a leader and good teammate. What has he done to deserve his reputation? Henry has a laundry list of problems off the field. If you think the Patriots or Colts consistently take on players who are constantly getting in trouble off the field, you don't know what you're talking about.

The Cowboys are a safe haven for troubled players. The fact that they were willing to bring in Adam Jones and Tank Johnson proves nothing except the Cowboys are willing to take the risk with talented players.
Did you even read the post you quoted? Nobody is comparing Moss to Henry. Moss has nothing to do with anything.

But just to humor you, let me ask you a few questions. Does a good teammate quit on his teammates when he's on a losing team? Give up on routes? Talk to the media about how unhappy he is? Walk off the field before the game is over? Now that he's winning he's a good teammate, but that doesn't mean he's a good teammate. Like somebody said earlier, winning cures most everything.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You are right about the Colts, other than Kenton Keith, and the Marvin Harrison incident I think they are a clean team.

On the other hand, the Pats don't seem to mind taking in troubled players. They have Nick Kaczur who is going through that drug scandal, Randy Moss who has had his attitude and work ethic questioned, Kevin Faulk was caught with Marijuana, and they also have Brandon Merriweather who stomped on a couple of FIU necks. There is also Bellicheck, but he obviously isn't a player but it just contributes to the fact I really don't think the Patriots care if you have baggage they just want to win.

Getting back to the topic, I would take him as my 2nd receiver or slot receiver, if you remember he was compared to Randy Moss coming out of WVU in the draft, that didn't happen... but he still does have a lot of talent. I wouldn't take him on the Giants, though, we have way to many receivers.

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 08-04-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wouldn't mind having him on the Saints.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not? Why wouldn't you try him out? Put a provision in his contract. He gets paid the minimum, one sniff of anything, he is released, no questions asked.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If u have a hole at WR and u dont already have a long history of problem players (ie: Bengals) a try out couldnt hurt. He is talented and could fill a roll for lots of teams. Titans should call him up right now.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I really wouldn't mind having him on the Saints.
I would pass.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given that none of the Niners' WRs are able to avoid minor injuries, might as well give him a shot. he's got starting WR talent but he just cant keep straight off the field. Like someone said, give him the minimum and tell him that if he screws up, he's gone. Period. I think he's going to realize that he's got one chance left to prove himself.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote