Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Donnie Edwards

Do you think there is a chance Carl mill make a push to bring him back?he is a FA and with Mitchell possibly being gone he could fit the cover 2 perfectly
Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think so, but I'd like to pick up Bishop, Durant, Washington, DeOssie in the 5th
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I love Donnie, but I would rather just build through the draft and deal with a couple meh.. years. I don't want us to overpay veterans anymore.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Hook'em, Let's build through the draft. I got another question: Why do people think KC is going to draft a CB in the first round? I'm hoping on Willis from Ole' Miss(assuming Kawika leaves).
Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
I love Donnie, but I would rather just build through the draft and deal with a couple meh.. years. I don't want us to overpay veterans anymore.
I agree I don't want to over pay for another player over 30 we have enough of that I think the Saints will get him.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
USAF Chief

Because Chris Houston is the man Herm ... He's shooting up draft boards.

Assuming we get rid of LJ and get a top 10 selection we could take DT with that pick and then grab Houston later @ 23 and grab a LT in the second round (Ugoh or Staley possibly) and that would be an excellent draft. Try and get Jacoby Jones possibly or maybe Yamon Figurs who looks to be a great gunner on ST and could return punts/kicks instead of Dante and actually has a chance to be a good WR.

Later.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop the if we get rid of LJ stuff he is staying.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Willis is there I WANT HIM, same with Okoye or Brown

here is the big board

1. Okoye
2. Willis
3. Brown
4. Meachem
5. Houston
6. Hall
7. Bowe
8. Jarrett
9. Rice
10. Ross
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah but my dream scenario is draft Willis and have him play MLB and have Donnie play OLB opposite DJ.DJ, Willis and Donnie that would be AWESOME
Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

yeah that would be sick..have fox and bell to rotate in..and maybe one would step up and want to take edwards spot
Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we sign Donnie Edwards, and then Cut Kendrell Bell(or trading him would be beneficial eh?) then our LB core would be flippin' solid for like two years, untill Donnie Retires.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

yeah I think te writing is on the wall for Bell
Old 03-08-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Why do you thin Bell has been a bust for us? I mean, wasn't he the rookie of the year when he played for the steelers? Is it the scheme or what?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why do you thin Bell has been a bust for us? I mean, wasn't he the rookie of the year when he played for the steelers? Is it the scheme or what?
I personally think he is better as a 3-4 ILB more then a 4-3 OLB
Old 03-08-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Stop the if we get rid of LJ stuff he is staying.
Are you censoring his comments? If people wanna talk about LJ leaving then let them, why does it bother you?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I personally think he is better as a 3-4 ILB more then a 4-3 OLB
Ya, it's clearly obvious that he does not have the range to be a 4-3 OLB.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Are you censoring his comments? If people wanna talk about LJ leaving then let them, why does it bother you?
If they can talk about it then I can say it is a bad move.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
If they can talk about it then I can say it is a bad move.
Sure, you can say that. But that's not what you said.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

So with Donnie, I think we can safely say that Kawika and Bell are done?
Old 03-11-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I'd say so. Get bell the hell out of there. Fox is good for backing up either DJ or DE whenever need be.
Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
USAF Chief

According to reports this morning, Bell is staying. Apparently they believe he is still a "versatile" player. I prefer to call him a "turnstile" player because they can run right by him and all he does is turn and look at them run by.

I guess if he's going to sit the bench and it's going to cost us the same amount of money to keep him as it would to can him, no reason to not have him filling up a depth role.

If we plan to sign a couple more free agents (presumably fairly young ones like Scott) we are going to need to declare a couple June 1st cuts soon I would think. I expect to see Hicks and Sims gone and Wesley or Trent traded within 7 days.

Later.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Wow..this offseason is amazing on the defensive side of the ball: Napoleon Harris, Donnie Edwards, Perhaps Ian Scott....and we'll probably get a 5th round pick via Green and something better for Wesley. One thing Herm knows how to do is build an awesome defense. With all these upgrades, do you think this next year will still be a rebuilding one? The Ravens has shown that you don't need to have an offense to win a championship(I wouldn't go that far) but using the things we're doing right now, what do you think our record will be next year? I think 10-6
Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I am a Charger fan, so obviously I may show some bias here, but Donnie Edwards is not the linebacker he used to be. He will help out in the pass coverage aspects of the defense, but he is a liability in the run game. The biggest thing analysts like about Donnie is how many tackles he gets, and the argument is beaten to death but most of those are made in the passing game, or downfield. He may be an upgrade, but he certainly has a lot of flaws that could be exploited by teams that have enjoyed running success in the AFC West(San Diego and Denver). He will significantly increase pass coverage though.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Yea, Donnie Edwards is a stud compared to Kendral Bell. I think a four-assed monkey would be an improvement over KB. :)
Old 03-12-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I never rember Donnie having trouble helping in run support.He is a significant upgrade over Bell